Super Moderator

Default Mark Ruffalo Debuts Hulk "Avengers: Age of Ultron" Character Poster

The Avengers continue to assemble in a series of "Age of Ultron" solo posters, with Mark Ruffalo's Hulk preparing to smash in a new promo image.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

You know it's funny how the studios make the actors promote the film in their down time. I'm sure it's no big deal for them and it keeps the actor in the public eye, I just think I would be annoyed if I had to promote my company's product on my day off.

Incredible Member

Except its not in their downtime. Promotional efforts of many varied kinds are built into most stars' contracts. Its as much an expected part of the job as the actual acting. This is a bit of a different form than we've usually seen in the past, but its no exception.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    You know it's funny how the studios make the actors promote the film in their down time. I'm sure it's no big deal for them and it keeps the actor in the public eye, I just think I would be annoyed if I had to promote my company's product on my day off.

Those poor multi millionaires being "forced" to promote themselves in a huge movie... what will they think of next for punishment? Talk shows? *Gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by pucku33 View Post
    Those poor multi millionaires being "forced" to promote themselves in a huge movie... what will they think of next for punishment? Talk shows? *Gasp*
    Poor things

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pucku33 View Post
    It's just my thing. I'm a salesperson and I refuse to join twitter, linkedin or any other social media to promote my company's product when I'm off the clock. Although, it seems like it's becoming the norm for a lot of other sales jobs.

Behold!

It's just my thing. I'm a salesperson and I refuse to join twitter, linkedin or any other social media to promote my company's product when I'm off the clock. Although, it seems like it's becoming the norm for a lot of other sales jobs.
    There are tons of apps and sites that let you tweet and post in social media in advance so your accounts would be active even when you're off the clock. Hootsuite lets you schedule tweets, Facebook pages let you schedule posts (even backdating them). So yeah there's no such thing as being "annoyed if I had to promote my company's product on my day off" anymore. Hell, Ruffalo's twitter admin probably scheduled it a couple days in advance so it posted while he was sipping champagne in his house. It might be the norm, but it's not as much of an annoyance anymore as you make it sound.

The difference here is that the actors are almost certainly under contract to do this stuff, iows they're being paid for their time which means it's not their day off.