Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    The comics are supposed to inspire the movies, NOT vice versa.
    In a word...no

If it's a good idea, it's a good idea, no matter what the origin. (For example, major parts of the Superman mythos are from other media).

There's nothing sacred about the medium. If it's a great idea, use it, no matter who thought it up.

The movies already gave us Sam Jacksonish Nick Fury's and Phil. Skye is the only one who needs a little effort to work he in the verse. The others are just SHIELD staff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Actually, I saw the finale, and I wasn't impressed.
    Everything is less impressive if you've missed the build-up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    The movies already gave us Sam Jacksonish Nick Fury's and Phil. Skye is the only one who needs a little effort to work he in the verse. The others are just SHIELD staff.
    Actually, Sam Jackson as Nick Fury was in the comics long before there even was a Marvel movie-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Okay, would/should she be a major, or minor character?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Don't know much about the "Arcane order of SHIELD, but it might make an interesting plot for the TV show. Also makes me wonder what sort of public profile the TV version of SHIELD will/should have going forward.
    Basically, in Hickman's SHIELD, its shown that SHIELD as an organization has... much older ties. It was created in ancient Egypt where Imhotep fought against invading Brood. Afterwards, a Brotherhood of the Shield formed that consisted of the smartest people in time... Plato, Newton, Tesla and the like were all members. In Jeff Parker's Red She-Hulk, its shown that they still exist in some form in the modern age and are a secret society with some wacky stuff. Like a giant supercomputer at the centre of the Earth (or close enough) and powered by its rotation where it can calculate the future. So... some crazzzyyyy stuff there but something a comic could explore actually instead of simply being only about spy stuff. Again, just my view though... and not sure if this could be done on a TV show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    Fitz and Simmons can fit easy, the rest not so much.
    i'd like to see them team up with Rocket Raccoon.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    i'd like to see them team up with Rocket Raccoon.
    Personally, because they're scientists, I'd like to see them interact with the MU's big brains (Tony, Bruce, Hank P., Hank M, Reed, T'Challa)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Basically, in Hickman's SHIELD, its shown that SHIELD as an organization has... much older ties. It was created in ancient Egypt where Imhotep fought against invading Brood. Afterwards, a Brotherhood of the Shield formed that consisted of the smartest people in time... Plato, Newton, Tesla and the like were all members. In Jeff Parker's Red She-Hulk, its shown that they still exist in some form in the modern age and are a secret society with some wacky stuff. Like a giant supercomputer at the centre of the Earth (or close enough) and powered by its rotation where it can calculate the future. So... some crazzzyyyy stuff there but something a comic could explore actually instead of simply being only about spy stuff. Again, just my view though... and not sure if this could be done on a TV show.
    Off the subject here, but now that you mention those guys, why aren't they involved with the incursion problem? I hadn't thought about them until you just mentioned
    it. That's the real "Illuminati".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
    Regardless of how you feel about the show, how do you feel about the possibility of Phil Coulson's team being incorporated into Earth-616?

How would the characters be updated to fit into the comics?
    normally, I'd be anxious for them to appear. but then I look at how they introduced Marcus Johnson and "Cheese"....