Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    First off, has this ever happened before? With #37 coming out after issues #38 and #39. Between this and the wrong covers in Uncanny, Marvel and Bendis are looking sloppy lately.

Anyway, the art is astounding and beautiful. The scenes with Gamora, Beast, and Angel are intriguing. The rest... Not so much. I would hope the X-Men and Guardians would have some semblance of a plan by now.

And finally my complaints about Magik being overpowered are validated as without explanation, she is suddenly unable to teleport them off the moon they are stranded on. "I can only teleport us around this moon...," Magik says. Storm speaks for me when she replies, "What???"
    Back in Zeb Wells run all inconsistencies in Magik's actions could be explained by "she's doing it to gain Power and screw with people's heads in a Long Con."

With Bendis, her fluctuating power levels seem to come from "lazy writer's syndrome", since she could usually instantly solve any problem that would be a challenge to other members of the team (like Thor in the Avengers, Silver Surfer in Defenders etc, a major power level mix is challenging to write plots for... Someone who can deal with Elder Gods, Cytorrak, Phoenix, and Dormammu isn't well suited to battle Purifiers along with the O5.)

Quote Originally Posted by G0RM View Post
    Back in Zeb Wells run all inconsistencies in Magik's actions could be explained by "she's doing it to gain Power and screw with people's heads in a Long Con."

With Bendis, her fluctuating power levels seem to come from "lazy writer's syndrome", since she could usually instantly solve any problem that would be a challenge to other members of the team (like Thor in the Avengers, Silver Surfer in Defenders etc, a major power level mix is challenging to write plots for... Someone who can deal with Elder Gods, Cytorrak, Phoenix, and Dormammu isn't well suited to battle Purifiers along with the O5.)
    I don't much know how was her teleportation power before the current UXM but, in this issue, she said that she can't just teleport to a place she doesn't know the location. She could teleport them around the moon they were on but she couldn't just teleport them to another planet. Did she ever do interstellar teleportation to random planets?

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    what the hell??? where is issue 37?
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It will be released after #39. Don't ask. Just accept. Solicits say it's a filler story, anyway. Therefore it'll be uber-important.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    First off, has this ever happened before? With #37 coming out after issues #38 and #39. Between this and the wrong covers in Uncanny, Marvel and Bendis are looking sloppy lately.

Anyway, the art is astounding and beautiful. The scenes with Gamora, Beast, and Angel are intriguing. The rest... Not so much. I would hope the X-Men and Guardians would have some semblance of a plan by now.

And finally my complaints about Magik being overpowered are validated as without explanation, she is suddenly unable to teleport them off the moon they are stranded on. "I can only teleport us around this moon...," Magik says. Storm speaks for me when she replies, "What???"
    Lol, apparently Bendis was so surprised by his departure from the books that he had to redo a whole issue. You know Marvel loves and cares about X-Men a lot when they can't even keep the issues they release in order. Or maybe it's brand new marketing gimmick, like the .1 issues were a year or two back?
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 02-27-2015 at 03:42 AM.

Wow, I'm surprised nobody started this thread sooner. This was a great issue. I guess it might confuse some readers if they haven't been following the Black Vortex. But it's a story that's really worth following. It's not quite on the same levels as The Trial of Jean Grey just yet, but it's well on its way. This issue had some great moments and one where Hank McCoy completes his journey to being a hypocrite. If he still gives Cyclops crap after this for what he did as the Phoenix Force, then it's over for him. He's done. He's lost. Unlike Cyclops, he didn't even have the power of the Black Vortex forced in him. There was no Tony Stark to shoot it with a big gun or anything. He embraced it willingly. Then he used it to lay waste to an entire world. Cyclops never even did that as the Phoenix. He ended up killing only one person and that person was attacking him directly. Only Ronan attacked Beast, Gamora, and O5 Angel. But they ended up laying waste to the entire Kree homeworld. How is that fair?

But I digress. I don't want to turn this into a thread that lists all the reasons Hank McCoy is now the X-men's greatest hypocrite. This issue had a lot going for it. It wasn't as concise as previous issues, but it moved the story forward nicely. And the end page was just the cherry on top. I did a full review of this book on my blog. If anyone is interested, here's a link:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised nobody started this thread sooner. This was a great issue. I guess it might confuse some readers if they haven't been following the Black Vortex. But it's a story that's really worth following. It's not quite on the same levels as The Trial of Jean Grey just yet, but it's well on its way. This issue had some great moments and one where Hank McCoy completes his journey to being a hypocrite. If he still gives Cyclops crap after this for what he did as the Phoenix Force, then it's over for him. He's done. He's lost. Unlike Cyclops, he didn't even have the power of the Black Vortex forced in him. There was no Tony Stark to shoot it with a big gun or anything. He embraced it willingly. Then he used it to lay waste to an entire world. Cyclops never even did that as the Phoenix. He ended up killing only one person and that person was attacking him directly. Only Ronan attacked Beast, Gamora, and O5 Angel. But they ended up laying waste to the entire Kree homeworld. How is that fair?

But I digress. I don't want to turn this into a thread that lists all the reasons Hank McCoy is now the X-men's greatest hypocrite. This issue had a lot going for it. It wasn't as concise as previous issues, but it moved the story forward nicely. And the end page was just the cherry on top. I did a full review of this book on my blog. If anyone is interested, here's a link:

It's sad when you hear Beast acting like that and feel that it's completely in character. Beast used to be a fun character. Now he's (also) been character assasinated. Sigh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    what the hell??? where is issue 37?
    All-New X-Men #37 To Be Published After #39

Anyone catch the nod towards Teen Jean and the Phoenix Force?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-27-2015 at 04:40 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Lol, apparently Bendis was so surprised by his departure from the books that he had to redo a whole issue. You know Marvel loves and cares about X-Men a lot when they can't even keep the issues they release in order. Or maybe it's brand new marketing gimmick, like the .1 issues were a year or two back?
    I don't know why previous issues of ANXM were delayed, but as for issue 37, Bendis gave an explanation :
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...l-new-x-men-37
    Nothing to do with him leaving the X-books, but a consequence of something tragic for the original artist of the issue

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinfuma View Post
    I don't know why previous issues of ANXM were delayed, but as for issue 37, Bendis gave an explanation :
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...l-new-x-men-37
    Nothing to do with him leaving the X-books, but a consequence of something tragic for the original artist of the issue
    I will admit I am too lazy to check and see if this covers it or not, but why were all the other issues of ANXM late? Wasn't UXM slipping for a few months too?

It's sad when you hear Beast acting like that and feel that it's completely in character. Beast used to be a fun character. Now he's (also) been character assasinated. Sigh.
    I know how you feel man...Beast use to be part of the heart of the X-Men. Intelligent, quirky, caring with a touch of regret and self-loathing. I miss that guy - he is such an interesting character when written well...:-(

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I know how you feel man...Beast use to be part of the heart of the X-Men. Intelligent, quirky, caring with a touch of regret and self-loathing. I miss that guy - he is such an interesting character when written well...:-(
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    That is the perfect image...Thanks Optic.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

None of it will matter after Secret Wars. There will be other Beasts without this baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    None of it will matter after Secret Wars. There will be other Beasts without this baggage.
    Yeah and hopefully they'll stick to the blue design...to me he just looks so much more iconic with the fur.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 02-27-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

My head canon is that the Black Vortex warps your mind. Beast submitted hoping the change in perspective would allow him some insight in fixing the incursions and then the Black Vortex warped his brain. Because if the Black Vortex doesn't warp your brain then there is no reason Beast's highest goal shouldn't be saving the multiverse as oppose to Pax Utopia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadnar17 View Post
    My head canon is that the Black Vortex warps your mind. Beast submitted hoping the change in perspective would allow him some insight in fixing the incursions and then the Black Vortex warped his brain. Because if the Black Vortex doesn't warp your brain then there is no reason Beast's highest goal shouldn't be saving the multiverse as oppose to Pax Utopia.
    I see it as a cosmic One Ring.