Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Until DC seriously commits to pre-FP titles and rembraces that world and those fans, I will be saving plenty.

Not everyone is happy with their Marvelized disrespectful world/franchises.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Honestly apart from a couple books and maybe the main series of Convergence, and the coinciding with Secret wars, I'll be saving quit a bit.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Saving for most of the two month break. Will probably get Convergence proper, depending on the showing #0 has, but not many of the tie-ins. I'll be more awaiting for it to be over more than anything else. I'm just hoping they don't screw up the aftermath and get rid of the multiverse or mindlessly shove a bunch of pre-FP characters onto the main Earth or something. They don't do that, I don't see any reason my habits won't be the same after Convergence.

Not me, my brother and i have an arrangement so i'm stable.

BANNED

I'm going to be buying a shedload of books this year. But I was already buying a shedload of books so it's not a big change.

Mighty Member

I'll have about ten books on my list in March but I want to check out a LOT of the upcoming books in June, I'll probably be doubling the number of DC books on my pull. Or more.

Plus they announced several collectibles I want this year, too...

I have my eyes on JSA Vol 3 omni and some Green Lantern Omni. I'm going to be a bit poor later on.

Not much of change for me unless Darkseid War as alot of one shot tie ins, I've just be picking up Convergence main issues and the tie ins where Emperor Aquaman kills some fodder heroes but thats about it for me.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Mighty Member

I hope everyone can buy the comics that they want and NOT be in dire financial straits!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Looks like I'll be saving quite a bit of money this year.
    I'd agree with this, except all the money I'm saving by not buying DC books is going to Image instead. Seriously I should just start signing my paychecks over to Image pretty soon.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Looks like I'll be saving quite a bit of money this year.
    You don't spend money on back issues?

BANNED

I'll be taking a break during the Convergence other than maybe some of the one-shots (the main series for Events tend to be dull), then seeing what the fallout is and what monthlies are around/continuing and adjusting my list accordingly. Haven't looked at a Previews yet for the post-Convergence month (in the same boat with Marvel and Secret Wars).

DC will make more money off of me during the Convergence event than they have all year... all 2 months of it.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'm drastically reducing my comics reading for a while. I'll try the first issue or two of Convergence proper, I'll get the Shazam two issue tie in, and I'll get the Secret Wars main series. So far nothing from either company that ties directly into their crossover interests me.

On the other hand, yeah, I'm pretty boned once DC launches it's new lineup.

BANNED

I'll be spending about the same, there's a bunch that sound great to me and some I'm not that interested in, plus the main Convergence title I'm looking forward to.

My spike in buying actually comes after Convergence, those titles they announced sound great and I'll be trying out most of them.