Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Catwoman's been implied more than Wonder Woman has, at least for as long as I've been a reader. I'm not as familiar with Marston's original tales so I don't know how much if any bi undertones he might have gotten away with back then. Wonder Woman has a far more vocal group insisting that she should be, but that's rather moot.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-26-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hell, it happens even with outright confirmation. People still insist that Wonder Woman is bisexual despite being outright told she's not.
    Wait, did they stated that Wonder Woman isn't Bi?

Catwoman's been implied more than Wonder Woman has, at least for as long as I've been a reader. I'm not as familiar with Marston's original tales so I don't know how much if any bi undertones he might have gotten away with back then.
    Wonder Woman has been implied to be Bisexual since her beginnings. Even Azzarello hinted at it in his run.

I don't know guys, I think that beard Superman's been growing is trying to tell us something too, Greg Pak has an outrageous tendency to turn characters into handsome ocean-eyed bears

She says she's not "a sister of Sappho" in her Batwoman appearance. Perhaps an edict, to get out of the way quickly any thoughts of romantic tones between her and Kate, but it spells out DC's intentions quite clearly. There are a few writers out there who wish she was, like Simone and Rucka, but DC's stance is that she's straight, and the buck really stops there.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-26-2015 at 06:51 PM.

She says so in the Batwoman arc in which she guest-starred.
    pics? 10 char
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

This is not a comic first, in fact Carol Danvers was Bi..........nary
    I have no beef with Vegans

Always Rakzo

She says she's not "a sister of Sappho" in her Batwoman appearance. Perhaps an edict, to get out of the way quickly any thoughts of romantic tones between her and Kate, but it spells out DC's intentions quite clearly. There are a few writers out there who wish she was, like Simone and Rucka, but DC's stance is that she's straight, and the buck really stops there.
    Then again, it has been heavily hinted in her MAIN SERIES that she actually is Bi.

I don't recall Azarello throwing numerous nor heavy hinting. I in fact remember just one piece of innuendo from Aleka, but that's it. And that's not out of the ordinary. Subtle hinting is done at times with certain writers specifically because its all they can get away with. Rucka and Simone think she should be too, but frankly that doesn't matter. What DC lets them do matters, and thus far zero writers have been able to explore that. To them she's straight so she's straight. For whatever reason they don't want to go there with her. You'd have to ask them why but that's clearly there stance so I see no point in fighting it.

In that vein I do however retract my statement that Wonder Woman hasn't been implied. That was huge exaggeration on my part and not truthful. The truth is a couple writers in the past have implied it, only because that's the farthest they can ever get to it because it just isn't so in the minds of the character's owner.

In any case, back to Selina, I thought it was tastefully done. They didn't go for any gratuitous groping full make out session type deal. So I think it worked nicely for the moment they were trying to create. It actually kinda called to me as showing Selina showing a great deal of care because she can at times be...rather sexually aggressive, heh.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-26-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellagance View Post
    I don't know guys, I think that beard Superman's been growing is trying to tell us something too, Greg Pak has an outrageous tendency to turn characters into handsome ocean-eyed bears
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Also, for those asking: Nobody wants to see two dudes kissing. Dudes are ugly (ALL OF THEM! Even me! Being a dude implies ugliness!), women are pretty (well, except the ones who aren't). The end.
    I won't stand for these lies!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    if you are a woman in comics, the default position is that you are bisexual.
    You know, it's a little ridiculous how much more flexible comic book women are than comic book men with regards to their sexuality. I mean, on top of literally every villainess in Gotham I believe many writers have said that they believe Wonder Woman to be bisexual, and (supposedly) Gail Simone had intended to "out" Black Canary as bisexual as well. That would mean that most of DC's premier women are bisexual. I think the highest profile male character who isn't straight would be Constantine and he's always been more of a Vertigo character. This just seems a little lopsided. DC should probably reveal Hal and Barry as friends with benefits while they're at it to balance things out.

But again, what writers believe is irrelevant if they can't put it to page. As is the case with Wonder Woman. She's firmly in the straight camp. Not to say her exclusion alone does anything to counter your point, it is indeed still lopsided.

Again, Bats has a lot of gay innuendos over the case of his history. Dude swinging both ways could honestly work

It could, but could you ever see DC allowing it? I can't. That's too big a controversial move to make for their biggest money-maker.

Nah it was just a thought lol. DC would never allow that to go down