Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So do you like this or not?
    I like it. I've liked what I've seen of Harewood's acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yes, because most people don't give a crap. Even on the message boards people don't seem to be freaking out about this. It's Hank Henshaw. Literally the only important thing about him is that he eventually develops the ability to transform into a cyborg.
    I thought the important thing about Henshaw was that he was a guy who transformed into a cyborg and looks like Superman, hence Cyborg-Superman, which will kinda be hard to do since Superman's likely still going to be white for this show. That's legit my only issue with the casting, but otherwise I don't see a problem, especially if Harewood's a good actor and that was why he was cast .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the important thing about Henshaw was that he was a guy who transformed into a cyborg and looks like Superman, hence Cyborg-Superman, which will kinda be hard to do since Superman's likely still going to be white for this show. That's legit my only issue with the casting, but otherwise I don't see a problem, especially if Harewood's a good actor and that was why he was cast .
    How do you know Superman in this universe won't black too?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Superman probably (definitely) won't be black, but that's easy to work around. He doesn't naturally look like that; he purposefully made himself look like a mangled and rebuilt version of Superman to steal his identity when everyone thought he died fighting Doomsday.
    Last edited by Holt; 02-26-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Amazing Member

In the comics tho Henshaw loses his original body anyway and when he becomes Cyborg-Superman he takes Superman's genetic makeup and body so this guy may not even up playing Cyborg-Superman should they go that route.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The more I hear about this show the more I really think this is going to be the first real dud for DC on the TV side of things. It has none of the buzz that Gotham, Arrow, or Flash had going before it premiered. It is just sort of there. I think at this point people would be more excited for a Firestorm or Atom series than they are for Supergirl.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    How do you know Superman in this universe won't black too?
    The casting call is asking for a white guy.
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Very few of them. How many people do you think will have heard of Hank Henshaw before this show? In the general audience, not comic fans. They aren't aware of those other characters so it isn't costing them any sleep that they aren't getting used.
    hank whonow? cyborg whatnow? never heard of dude, maybe because i can barely remember doomsday/superman death stuff.

i do know that the actor was good in homeland and funny in selfie and i remember him in various uk shows

Since Hank Henshaw started out as a Reed Richards pastiche, I hope that the show introduces his wife, who is black and just happens to have a white brother.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wait, so if Henshaw does become a Cyborg Superman like character won't that be a bit too similar to another African American character who became a half man half machine, Vic Stone?!? There's also Deathlok over in Agents of Shield. What's up with always turning the black character into a cyborg?
    Maybe it's bad luck to have two black guys on one set at any given time; but one and a half black guys on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The more I hear about this show the more I really think this is going to be the first real dud for DC on the TV side of things. It has none of the buzz that Gotham, Arrow, or Flash had going before it premiered. It is just sort of there. I think at this point people would be more excited for a Firestorm or Atom series than they are for Supergirl.
    Agreed. The more I read about this show, the more disinterested I get.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah, that annoys me as well: that to Hollywood, diversity=one black person per cast. No asians, no hispanics, the world is composed of almost all whites and juuust enough blacks to give each large group one black friend.
    Well, two, for Supergirl, as of now, but yes, get your point.

Ethnic diversity isn't just black men, or women. It's a rainbow of other stuff.

But, looks not bad, and good-ish, though I do sort of think, why not, seeing as this is Supergirl, not Superman, have it be a difderent actor, black or not, as Cyborg Supergirl?

The dark, twisted, mirror image of Kara?

Alex Danvers could be very, very interesting, depending. We shall see, but hopefully it goes well.

Wonder why foster, not adopted/adoptive/biological?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Exactly. I don't know why they couldn't have used John Henry Irons, Ron Troupe, or Skorpio for Supergirl. Or James Forrest and Virgil Hawkins for Flash.
    I'll give you the rest, but at times, it's because the character is the one they want to use, not the gender, the skin colour, to match with the casting, but the cast to fit and be glad with this character.

I think with ol' Static is more a Milestone case, so not as much DC, besides DC already doing a live action web series of SS.

Might be a bit redundant to have him floating around here and there.

You could be right, there, Robotman, but hopefully the Super element would make Henshaw different enough to Deathlok, and Cyborg's his own, film thing, but hopefully yet again, same case.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Since Hank Henshaw started out as a Reed Richards pastiche, I hope that the show introduces his wife, who is black and just happens to have a white brother.
    Oh, you!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Y'know the real question here: where are all the hispanics and Asians? Black and white is not diversity.
    That annoyes me too every time I hear another white character's ethnicity having been changed and it's into a black person again.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Actually people do care. I think the issue is where are all the established POC in DC? Why not toss some of them in the series instead of race changing?

Because all you are doing is making it harder to sell someone like Cassandra Cain or Jaime Reyes-if all you are going to do is make Jimmy Olson or Wally West another race.

And it makes your company as a whole look worst when someone tries your books and see the lack of POC in your books.
    It is a bit of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wait, so if Henshaw does become a Cyborg Superman like character won't that be a bit too similar to another African American character who became a half man half machine, Vic Stone?!? There's also Deathlok over in Agents of Shield. What's up with always turning the black character into a cyborg?
    Yeah, my thoughts as well. And while I don't think that Steel is a cyborg this characters appears similar to him as well IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Maybe it's bad luck to have two black guys on one set at any given time; but one and a half black guys on the other hand...
    lol again