Super Moderator

Default POLL: Do You Want Peter Parker or Miles Morales To Join the Marvel Cinematic U?

When Spidey returns to the big screen as part of the MCU, would you prefer Peter Parker or Miles Morales to be under the mask?

Full article here.

How many different ways can CBR ask this same question?

iMan 42s

Is Marvel looking at these or does CBR just like this topic?
    Either way I just want a good story.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Peter Parker.

Miles needs Peter for his Origin Story to have meaning and I would be very sad if MCU skips Peter completely for Miles.

Peter. As much as it'd be great to have Miles in the MCU, Peter is an essential part of Miles' own origin and I'd hate to see them pull with Peter what they did with Pym for the Ant Man film.

BANNED

You can get around Miles' origin story without Peter. I get that's how it went down in the UU, but the MCU has enough cred at this point that it doesn't really have to rely on an almost defunct universe.

Basically, the MCU has become its own thing.

That said, I'm cool with either or.

Neither one really intrests me in a new Spider-Man movie. I think that now would be a good time to give Spider Gwen her own movie and then follow that up with a cartoon series.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Should be an option for both, otherwise Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by waahehe94 View Post
    Neither one really intrests me in a new Spider-Man movie. I think that now would be a good time to give Spider Gwen her own movie and then follow that up with a cartoon series.
    She has had all of two issues plus several panel appearances in Spider-Verse. Not movie material in my opinion.

Obviously Marvel has to go for Peter Parker. Or Spider-Pig.

Peter. Miles is a fine character, but he'll never be THE Spider-Man. It'd be a massive disappointment for Marvel Studio's to finally get their first chance to create a decent Peter Parker and they go for a different guy.

No excuse not to do both. Both! Pete can be a big-brother figure to Miles whenever the "next" Peter decides he's getting too old or wants to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    She has had all of two issues plus several panel appearances in Spider-Verse. Not movie material in my opinion.

Obviously Marvel has to go for Peter Parker. Or Spider-Pig.
    Normally I would agree with you but I think that with the popularity of Gwen Stacy in the last two Spider-Man movies and the popularity of her character as Spider Gwen that Marvel/Disney could pull it off. The fact that three comic book shops in my area sold out of Spider Gwen #1 by today tells me that this character has marketing potential.

If Marvel/Disney can pull off a Guardians of the Galaxy movie with characters that most of the general public has little to no idea about then a Spider Gwen movie should be a walk in the park for them IMO. Although I do like the idea of Peter Porker The Spectacular Spider-Ham as a movie.