Quote Originally Posted by jdgs View Post
One of the best series of all time. I almost decided to never read it but now I'm glad I didn't.

It's hard to choose between them ,especially because I have three characters that tie equally as the best of the best but if I have to pick an order, it would be Nico at first, Victor as a close second and Chase at third place.

I consider "Dead means dead" and "Live fast" as only one story so that would be the best.

People may not like my story but the only reason I ended up getting the first two volumes was because of Avengers Arena. I had already heard many things about the series before, but it wasn't until they appeared in Avengers Academy that I first read them. Those issues were a disaster. They were written as really annoying kids and I ended up somewhat disliking them. Sometime after, I decided to read Arena and met them again in issue 4. The introduction of their story by Chase as well as the way him and Nico were written picked my interest on them again (ironically the Academy kids were the ones badly written on that issue). It wasn't until issue 10 of Arena (the best issue of the series in my opinion) that I decided to search for the old stories and I'm really glad I did. Some of the best stories ever written. I gave those Academy issues away and now pretend they never happened.
I dont think the Arena/Academy/Undercover writers ever truly understood the runaways. While I still enjoyed those three series, like you said, they just came over as annoying brats. The Runaways are far stronger than those writers ever portrayed them.