Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1493

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    She made one good call in #12, and was hoping to start a streak.

Seriously, Nico isn't smart. I love her, but she rarely makes good choices. In their current situation they should really be looking at Alex, granted Nico hasn't even been trying anything.
    Its true. Its so so true. ZERO DISRESPECT to Miss Minoru but that's really been a significant (comically so, in some cases) part of her character. She's a mess. I say that with sincere admiration for the girl too. I love Nico. But damn.

edit: Which call was her good call? lol I can't even remember.

I love Nico too. She's my fav Runaway member but yeah, she's totally a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    I love Nico too. She's my fav Runaway member but yeah, she's totally a mess.
    I love when people rally behind, and still love a character, despite their very obvious flaws. It drives me bonkers when I see "fans" get so PO'ed when their favorite falters or fails or makes a bad call and then blames the writer for making their fave look bad or whatever. But in this case, with Nico, it really is a part of her charm. She's deeeeeeply flawed and its one of the more entertaining things about her.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its true. Its so so true. ZERO DISRESPECT to Miss Minoru but that's really been a significant (comically so, in some cases) part of her character. She's a mess. I say that with sincere admiration for the girl too. I love Nico. But damn.

edit: Which call was her good call? lol I can't even remember.
    She's been lucky for the most part leading the team, but as evidenced by Arena/Undercover, and A-Force she's more competent following another's lead or when backed into a corner. It's a good thing Chase is trying to take control during their current situation because Minoru isn't even trying.

Karolina was a pretty decent decision. Though one she made with apprehension.

I love Nico too, but yeah she is a total mess and she knows it (which is a thing I like about her, how she admits her flaws).

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    She's been lucky for the most part leading the team, but as evidenced by Arena/Undercover, and A-Force she's more competent following another's lead or when backed into a corner. .
    Yeah, Julie's issue reeeeeally added emphasis to just how lucky(unlucky?) this gang has been. She was just laying that truth bare.

But in this case, with Nico, it really is a part of her charm. She's deeeeeeply flawed and its one of the more entertaining things about her.
    That is realism and she's human after all.

Yeah, Julie's issue reeeeeally added emphasis to just how lucky(unlucky?) this gang has been. She was just laying that truth bare.
    They all have so many bad decisions under their belt. It's actually kind of why I still enjoy the series as an adult. When I was a teenager it was all about relating to the crew, as an adult I just want to see how these babies get out of the current horrible mistake they've made.

Also, Julie could have really gone harder on them. They all literally would have died at Ultron's hands if she, and Excelsior hadn't saved their collective asses.

Is there any way we could subtitle this thread as "Nico isn't smart."
    Last edited by Personamanx; 11-07-2018 at 12:26 PM.

spoilers:
    wow they cut up that preview really well, I honestly did not expect her to be the spirit of the Staff. "The One". And the idea that there's someone in there helps explain a lot, why it sometimes changes appearance and then changes back, why Nico has talked about feeling a malevolent force every time she cast a spell, why the Staff would make Dormammu tremble.

This is such a bad deal, but it should make for some interesting stories in the future.

Its kind of a shame that the cover doesn't really match what's going on inside but we've had a couple of Nico covers already so I don't mind.
    end of spoilers

I’m one of the few who also thinks her choosing Karolina is a terrible decision. So that isn’t even a good decision. Decent issue tho. I’ll be happy when a new writer gets ahold of Nico. Not one who is trying to erase her past.

Enjoyable look at the hot mess that is Nico. It was cool learning about the Staff of One, but--

honestly, I'm kind of bummed it didn't involve the Nisanti, who were seeded by BKV in both Runaways and the Hood.

Oh well.

-Pav, who wonders what body Victor will choose...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

The Staff: Male?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I’m one of the few who also thinks her choosing Karolina is a terrible decision. So that isn’t even a good decision. Decent issue tho. I’ll be happy when a new writer gets ahold of Nico. Not one who is trying to erase her past.
    Erase her past?
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-08-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Enjoyable look at the hot mess that is Nico. It was cool learning about the Staff of One, but--

honestly, I'm kind of bummed it didn't involve the Nisanti, who were seeded by BKV in both Runaways and the Hood.

Oh well.

-Pav, who wonders what body Victor will choose...
    That's something I kind of wish that a creative team would roll with. I would love Two of BKV's biggest marvel creations to have some form of connection. Or if not that a meeting of some kind. I think there are a lot of elements that would pair nicely with each other in an antagonistic relationship.

The Staff: Male?
    spoilers:
    The staff appears to be a woman. Or at least That's what I read them as.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Personamanx; 11-08-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Funny. I read it as male.

spoilers:
    I wonder if the One giving Nico back her arm wasn't a favor so much as a necessity. An attempt to stay useful to her.

One of the few things we knew about the Witcharm was that it allowed Nico to cast spells without the Staff, and we now know that the One hates not being used meven more than being trapped as the Staff.

But if Nico can use magic without the Staff, then she potentially doesn't need to use the Staff at all.
    end of spoilers