Page 68 of 100 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1493
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I didn't necessarily mind the group as a secret society being revealed to another secret society. You can always rationalize it as the Illuminati not being convinced the Pride was worth worrying about, and that Tony would handle it when they left. I just thought it was weird how open the Pride was about their organization to anyone who saw them in character, Tina really tried to sell that woman on being sacrificed. Which wouldn't have been too bad if the Hayes ended up doing some mind wiping as I had expected, but at least with Tony he got out with his memories intact and just willingly let the Pride do as they pleased once they stopped bothering his friends.

Iron Man is responsible for the death of Destiny Gonzalez.

Ultimate Member

My fanwank to this concept is that the Gibborim had a vested interest in the Pride succeeding at staying in power and fudged things in their favor from time to time, making people kind of ignore obvious signs of a criminal network running LA, or people who should have been in a position to do something about it (like Dr. Strange) sort of brain-fart and forget about it.

I've recently reread the collected editions, and seen the show, and come to the conclusion that I like bits and pieces of both. I like the Nico, Alex and Molly (and Old Lace) from the comic better. I like the Chase and Karolina (and almost all of the parents) from the show better. Gert feels the most similar from comic to show, and I like them both about equally.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Interesting bit about ''really familiar/popular characters'' joining season 2. Assuming they're not talking about people from other franchises (Cloak and Dagger, maybe?), I can only think of Victor and Xavin as characters who would qualify as both familiar and popular within the Runaways (as much as I like Klara, I just don't feel she's ever been as popular as the other members)... Although they might be exaggerating the use of ''popular'' here, who knows.

Also, it's GREAT to hear we're having more emphasis on their super-powers this season. Hopefully they got a budget increase for that.

Yeah, Victor and Xavin are the only two that I think would meet the vague description. Don't know how that would play out with how disconnected the show is from the larger MCU, there was literally no indication during the first season that it even took place within it. With Victor's relation to Ultron, and Xavin being part of an alien race that has yet to be established in the 'verse they'd probably have to be changed significantly. I doubt the show would be allowed to use Ultron, or introduce the Skrull race.

Klara might be the easier character to work with. At least in terms of having to avoid complicated connections.

But boy howdy, this show has a big enough cast.

Double Post...

I hope they bring in Xavin and Victor, but there is the chance that they could be talking about characters who weren't introduced in the Runaways comic.

Kinda like how Luke Cage brought in Misty Knight and Tilda Johnson

BANNED

THE CREATOR OF MARVELS RUNAWAYS - Brian K Vaughan

I love BKV, and the Runaways as much as the next guy but that video gives them both way too much credit. Runaways came at the right time with the right themes for a lot of people, but you can find so much of what made it special in older superhero titles. His run isn't even a good example of his writing, Runaways was just the book he wrote to get that sweet Marvel cheque while he was focusing on Ex-Machina and Y: The Last Man.

He didn't even feel the need to name drop any of the series artists. Just because you're highlighting a specific creator doesn't mean you have to diminish the contribution of the people who actually make the comic.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 08-08-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Season 2 of the show is coming December 21.
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/...hulu-december/

And this time they'll drop all the episodes at one instead of weekly! Considering the pace of the show, I think that's great news.

Gonna be at least a month behind then. I can't imagine Showcase airing the season in its entirety before it's all up at once on Hulu. Woe is this Canadian.

I don't particularly like Funko pop figures, but it feels validating for the kids to have them.

EDIT: Also, did anyone buy the latest issue of Doctor Strange? There are supposed to be a bunch of Majesdanians in it.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 08-17-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I don't particularly like Funko pop figures, but it feels validating for the kids to have them.

EDIT: Also, did anyone buy the latest issue of Doctor Strange? There are supposed to be a bunch of Majesdanians in it.
    Those funkos look cute. Its always nice seeing merch for these kids.

I flipped through the Doctor Strange issue. It looked like the Majesdanians were mostly just using flight and lasers, none of the cool forcefield or construct powers that Karolina and her parents used.
    It was kinda disappointing. Waid could have been way more creative, these were supposedly magic wielding Majesdanians, he could have had them create sigils and runes out of light like in the MCU, with gestures or with their flight trails.

spoilers:
    The end of the issue implies that the Majesdane Empire has a grudge against Earth and they're amassing magic weapons to attack it
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Those funkos look cute. Its always nice seeing merch for these kids.

I flipped through the Doctor Strange issue. It looked like the Majesdanians were mostly just using flight and lasers, none of the cool forcefield or construct powers that Karolina and her parents used.
    It was kinda disappointing. Waid could have been way more creative, these were supposedly magic wielding Majesdanians, he could have had them create sigils and runes out of light like in the MCU, with gestures or with their flight trails.

spoilers:
    The end of the issue implies that the Majesdane Empire has a grudge against Earth and they're amassing magic weapons to attack it
    end of spoilers
    It really is, before the show premiered all there really was were a few HeroClix figures and a single Nico Minoru Marvel Legend. Funko's are a sign of a healthy IP if nothing else. Here's hoping for an action figure set of all of them, and a TellTale game.

Ah, that is a bit disappointing but the Majesdanians aren't the most developed alien race in the MU so I can let it slide. It's always nice to see the book having made it's mark on the greater universe, even if only a little. I will say, that I like the potential of that spoiler text.

But speaking of Runaways making its mark on the Marvel Universe, does anyone know of the first reference to Runaways in a Marvel book outside of their actual series. The earliest I know of would be Robert Kirkman's "Jubilee" series referencing that the Pride was defeated, and that wasn't too long after the end of the original run.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It would make sense that, if the Gibborim did indeed enhance or 'buff' the various Pride members as part of their deal for power, that Frank and Leslie Dean would have been a cut above (or several cuts above...) the average Majesdanian. They might have always been above average (in the way that just about every human can sing or do math, but only a small percentage of us can sing professionally or make a living doing math professor stuff), or they might have gotten a big boost from the gifts of the Gibborim, or perhaps even a little from column A and a little from column B...

I kind of feel the same way about other super-aliens. I would just sort of assume that the Skrulls, for instance, don't send their gimps to infiltrate and invade other worlds, but only their best-trained and most talented shapeshifters and infiltrators.