Page 69 of 100 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1493

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It really is, before the show premiered all there really was were a few HeroClix figures and a single Nico Minoru Marvel Legend. Funko's are a sign of a healthy IP if nothing else. Here's hoping for an action figure set of all of them, and a TellTale game.

Ah, that is a bit disappointing but the Majesdanians aren't the most developed alien race in the MU so I can let it slide. It's always nice to see the book having made it's mark on the greater universe, even if only a little. I will say, that I like the potential of that spoiler text.

But speaking of Runaways making its mark on the Marvel Universe, does anyone know of the first reference to Runaways in a Marvel book outside of their actual series. The earliest I know of would be Robert Kirkman's "Jubilee" series referencing that the Pride was defeated, and that wasn't too long after the end of the original run.
    For years I've wanted a Leapfrog toy that you could stick a Marvel Legends sized figure in, you know if they could bend their legs. It wouldn't be to scale because that would be monstrous, but like a bit bigger than a Spider-Buggy.

spoilers:
    The Majesdanian in charge mentioned that Earth embarrassed the Majesdane Empire. I'm hoping that means they'll reference Xavin's trick
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would make sense that, if the Gibborim did indeed enhance or 'buff' the various Pride members as part of their deal for power, that Frank and Leslie Dean would have been a cut above (or several cuts above...) the average Majesdanian. They might have always been above average (in the way that just about every human can sing or do math, but only a small percentage of us can sing professionally or make a living doing math professor stuff), or they might have gotten a big boost from the gifts of the Gibborim, or perhaps even a little from column A and a little from column B...

I kind of feel the same way about other super-aliens. I would just sort of assume that the Skrulls, for instance, don't send their gimps to infiltrate and invade other worlds, but only their best-trained and most talented shapeshifters and infiltrators.
    Karolina creates forcefields though, she shouldn't have any buffs from the Gibborim. And she learned how to control that aspect of her power better while she was on Majesdane.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    For years I've wanted a Leapfrog toy that you could stick a Marvel Legends sized figure in, you know if they could bend their legs. It wouldn't be to scale because that would be monstrous, but like a bit bigger than a Spider-Buggy.

spoilers:
    The Majesdanian in charge mentioned that Earth embarrassed the Majesdane Empire. I'm hoping that means they'll reference Xavin's trick
    end of spoilers

Karolina creates forcefields though, she shouldn't have any buffs from the Gibborim. And she learned how to control that aspect of her power better while she was on Majesdane.
    I getcha, just enough to make a nice diorama with the Runways figures that'd presumably be with them. It'd be hard to make a to scale frog anyway, that bus has always been drawn inconsistently.

spoilers:
    Nice, did theyuse similar naming conventions to the ones in Moore's run?
    end of spoilers

To be fair Karolina could have inherited those buffs from her parents as she was born well into their servitude to the Gibborim. I think I'm just gonna go with there being a wide range of capabilities in the Majesdanian power set, not everyone having the skill or proper genes to use.

I'm gonna be attending a small local Comics festival this weekend, no one who had anything to do with Runaways is going to be there but I was going to try and get a sketch or two from a few attending artists. Which Runaways characters should I try and get a small sketch of? It would likely be by Nick Bradshaw, as he's the only mainstream comics artist who will be attending.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 08-17-2018 at 06:24 PM.

I getcha, just enough to make a nice diorama with the Runways figures that'd presumably be with them. It'd be hard to make a to scale frog anyway, that bus has always been drawn inconsistently.

spoilers:
    Nice, did theyuse similar naming conventions to the ones in Moore's run?
    end of spoilers

To be fair Karolina could have inherited those buffs from her parents as she was born well into their servitude to the Gibborim. I think I'm just gonna go with there being a wide range of capabilities in the Majesdanian power set, not everyone having the skill or proper genes to use.

I'm gonna be attending a small local Comics festival this weekend, no one who had anything to do with Runaways is going to be there but I was going to try and get a sketch or two from a few attending artists. Which Runaways characters should I try and get a small sketch of? It would likely be by Nick Bradshaw, as he's the only mainstream comics artist who will be attending.
    spoilers:
    Unfortunately no, this guy's name is Roxnor. It's a shame, Moore's run had it's problems but I did like that naming convention he came up with for the Majesdanians: daVanti, deHalle, vaRikk. It's simple but still unique amongst alien races in Marvel

On the plus side I'm glad that artists like Ramos in that run, or Saiz in Doctor Strange are keeping with the same basic design sensibilities that Alphona created for Majesdanians. Dark black clothing, with woven straps. It's a nice unifying theme that lets you know they're Majesdanian
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Unfortunately no, this guy's name is Roxnor. It's a shame, Moore's run had it's problems but I did like that naming convention he came up with for the Majesdanians: daVanti, deHalle, vaRikk. It's simple but still unique amongst alien races in Marvel

On the plus side I'm glad that artists like Ramos in that run, or Saiz in Doctor Strange are keeping with the same basic design sensibilities that Alphona created for Majesdanians. Dark black clothing, with woven straps. It's a nice unifying theme that lets you know they're Majesdanian
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Roxnor's parents didn't care enough to name him roxNor. Sad.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, the post Alphona artists have definitely expanded upon his handful of designs with a shocking amount of coherence.
    end of spoilers

Spent the day at the local Comics festival (Dartmouth Comic Art Festival FYI), and am happy to report that I commissioned two Runaways sketches from local artists:

The first being a black/white sketch of Nico Minoru as drawn by Nick Bradshaw of "Wolverine and the X-Men" fame. It was way more than I thought I was going to get, in years past he usually only did head shots or busts, but this was essentially a character cover. I might add that he wasn't completely sure who Nico was at the beginning as well.

The second as you can see is a Karolina Dean done in pencil crayons by a local illustrator named James Neish. Wasn't sure who I was going to go for before I noticed he did his pieces in colour, then I knew it had to be Kay.

Runaways_DCAF.jpg

I spent more money than I should have at the show today, but these two sketches were absolutely worth it.

I've always liked the Runaways and I'm glad the current series has been received so well. Also, I would like to see them team up with Ms. Marvel and also MAC.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Spent the day at the local Comics festival (Dartmouth Comic Art Festival FYI), and am happy to report that I commissioned two Runaways sketches from local artists:

The first being a black/white sketch of Nico Minoru as drawn by Nick Bradshaw of "Wolverine and the X-Men" fame. It was way more than I thought I was going to get, in years past he usually only did head shots or busts, but this was essentially a character cover. I might add that he wasn't completely sure who Nico was at the beginning as well.

The second as you can see is a Karolina Dean done in pencil crayons by a local illustrator named James Neish. Wasn't sure who I was going to go for before I noticed he did his pieces in colour, then I knew it had to be Kay.

Runaways_DCAF.jpg

I spent more money than I should have at the show today, but these two sketches were absolutely worth it.
    Wow, that Karolina looks great. Nico's cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I've always liked the Runaways and I'm glad the current series has been received so well. Also, I would like to see them team up with Ms. Marvel and also MAC.
    On the MAC part, I guess it would be cool to see them with the new West Coast Avengers. Kelly Thompson is writing that and she likes Nico, and she and Karolina appeared on Jessica Jones and there it was shown that Kate has Karol's number...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    On the MAC part, I guess it would be cool to see them with the new West Coast Avengers. Kelly Thompson is writing that and she likes Nico, and she and Karolina appeared on Jessica Jones and there it was shown that Kate has Karol's number...
    I feel like MAC would get along well with Molly and Karolina. Most likely Victor too. Nico and MAC would be ok with one another. I can see her wanting to toss Chase through a wall if he pissed her off.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wow, that Karolina looks great. Nico's cute too.

It was really inexpensive too, Neish was only charging $20 per sketch. I would have had him do a few more if not for the fact that he was only doing a handful that day at the show. Bradshaw's Nico is nice, and he's an awesome dude but on the delight scale the Karolina sketch is a perfect 10.

Yeah, I do feel like a WCA crossover is likely. During the previous series there weren't a lot of other heroes on the West Coast, but now there's a real possibility seeing that there are already a few connections to play with.

I've wanted to see them team up with Robbie Reyes

I've wanted to see them team up with Robbie Reyes
    This too would be an awesome idea. I would like to see Robbie team up with the Runaways to battle some ancient mystical threat.

This too would be an awesome idea. I would like to see Robbie team up with the Runaways to battle some ancient mystical threat.
    Ancient mystical threat sure, but I also think he'd fit in well with the Runaways. He doesn't have living parents, he's raising his little brother by himself and the system is kinda failing them both, so he has some trouble with authority.
    He didn't set out to be a superhero, it was kinda thrust on him because his evil uncle made a demonic deal and he got caught up in it. And until recently he didn't really go after supervillains, he mostly just dealt with gangbangers.
    Plus it doesn't hurt that he's from LA.

Ultimate Member

It would make sense that the Gibborim didn't just give up, and could have a second 'Pride' out there, sacrificing away and running down the clock. (or they might have created a second Pride sometime after the first group starting having kids, giving them the impression that, instead of helping them rid the world of humans, they were *making more of them*, so that the new 'Pride' group could be only a few years away from completing their task!).

We also really didn't see most of the parents die. Yeah, the building imploded, and the Gibborim were attempting to kill them, but Geoffrey Wilder is the only confirmed death, that I know of. Several of them had special powers or talents that could have allowed them to escape, like Tina Minoru, who could be hiding under magical wards from Gibborim retaliation, or one of the Majesdanians or one of Molly's mutant parents (who have demonstrated telepathy, but could have other talents, as 'telepaths' like Jean Grey or Monet or Emma Frost or Rachel Summers or Nate Grey or Exodus, who also have additional powers, have shown over the years).

I'm not sure I *want* to see any of the parents return (since it's the kids story, and not theirs), but it's an option for a writer with a good enough idea to explore.

Fanwank: Tina Minoru once said 'The Staff of One, which even the Dread Dormammu feared.' She wasn't shown with it in her first Runaways appearance, IIRC, so perhaps (instead of the notion that she stole it from Kamar-Taj and the Ancient One) she got it from the Gibborim, who used their power to snatch it away from the Dark Dimension, where Dormammu had it stashed away. This would have been 20-ish years ago, just about the time the Dormammu, who has more or less ignored Earth's dimension for centuries, made a push to invade, which Dr. Strange stopped. A writer could sew these threads together and say that Dormammu invaded the Earth dimension, in violation of a 'no fly zone' agreed to with previous Sorcerers Supreme, *because* the Gibborim stole the Staff of One from him to gift to one of their Earthly servants (which he rationalized as 'Earth broke the treaty first, by invading my realm and stealing stuff, so I'm just retaliating!')

Dr. Strange would have no idea that Dormammu was invading those decades ago because someone from Earth had a mystical artifact stolen from him, and Dormammu's not about to explain to some mortal sorcerer that he got punked. He doesn't need to explain himself, and he certainly doesn't want to advertise that his security has a Gibborim-shaped hole in it. Yeah, sure, Dormammu was *also* testing if the new Sorcerer Supreme had the strength to back up the compact and protect the Earth, but he also had an excuse!

I don't think the Gibborim gave the Staff of One to Tina, we saw in Whedon's time travel arc that the Staff had been in the Minoru family for at least 100 years.

There are a lot of characters I wouldn't mind seeing the kids team up with, a lot of them having been introduced during the great hiatus. I just worry about guest-stars in such a low selling title, if a special guest boosts the sale of an issue you can guarantee it'll become a pattern. Which can be fine for a while, Volume 2 had its fair share but it can become a concern. I think unless there's a very good reason, guest stars should be limited to wrapping up plot threads from the hiatus like Julie Power.

Robbie Reyes could make sense, but I just know how it'd play out. I have more confidence in the creative team than I've had for any other in a while, but there are a lot of trends in the past that have hurt the quality of books I've enjoyed.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 08-20-2018 at 02:05 PM.