Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pitch your own big crossover event

Seems like it would be fun and interesting to see what people come up with.

What will it be about and how will effect the Marvel Universe?

Which character or team will the event center around?

What will be the tie-ins?

What will be the lasting effects?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

I would love to see something related to Mephisto that attack the Earth, like some Hell on Earth, with the main players being the people who have a relation to Mephisto, Dr Doom, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Scarlet Witch and a samll group with this people have to face Mephisto in his reign, meanwhile the rest of the world fights on Earth, it would take a clever way to defeat Mephisto, instead of just punching him.
    Tie-in to Spider-Man and facing the truth of One More Day, that leave him devasted.

Off the top of my head, I think some sort of world war between the fictional nations of the earth might be kinda fun. Wakanda, Atlantis, Latveria, Attilan, etc. It would likely be an Avengers centric event (like most events quite frankly).

Maybe the lasting effect would be some sort of council created between the various monarchs... Black Panther, Namor, Black Bolt, Doom, etc. They can be almost an Illuminti group of sorts, which will attempt to maintain the peace between each other and at times even work together.

TITLE: PROFALL

PREMISE: A PORTAL OPENS UP AT THE EDGE OF THE GALAXY. FROM IT, A BEAM OF LIGHT RIPS THROUGH SPACE, DESTROYING SPACESHIPS BEFORE HITTING TIMES SQUARE

CUT TO EVERY SPIDER-PERSON'S SENSES GOING HAYWIRE, DOCTOR STRANGE SENSES DEATH, IRON MAN STARTS VOMITING MONEY

NFL SUPERPRO HAS ARRIVED WITH COSMIC POWER, CHALLENGES EARTH TO THE ULTIMATE SUPER BOWL FOR THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE, GALACTUS AND ETERNITY ARE COMMENTATING, SUPERPRO RECRUITS EVERY TESTOSTERONE BEEFCAKE FOR HIS TEAM WITH MIND CONTROL -- VENOM, HULK, THOR, BISHOP, ETC.

THE HEROES OF EARTH MUST FORM FIVE OTHER FOOTBALL TEAMS WITH ATTITUDE

THE X-MADDENS, LED BY COACH SUMMERS, COACH MUNROE, AND COACH LOGAN

THE LADY'S LEAGUE LIBERATORS, LED BY COACH VAN DYNE AND COACH DANVERS

THE SUPER BOWL BABIES, LED BY COACH KHAN AND COACH CHO

THE TOUCHDOWNERS, LED BY COACH STARK AND COACH ROGERS

THE ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT KAEPERNICKS, LED BY COACH WILSON AND COACH CAGE

TIE-INS IN AVENGERS, CHAMPIONS, UNCANNY X-MEN, CAPTAIN MARVEL, MANY ONE-SHOTS ABOUT OTHER HEROES TWEETING ABOUT THE GAMES FROM HOME

PROFALL AFTERMATH: NFL SUPERPRO JOINS HYDRA, THOR GETS A MULLET, CAPTAIN AMERICA TALKS ABOUT THE NATIONAL ANTHEM, IRON MAN CAN USE THE FOOTBALL BUSTER ARMOR TO LEAK SUPER BOWL TRAILERS EARLY

Followed Brevoort to the train and pitched this all to him last month. Since he maced me, it might not have been the right time for the company.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

The Godhood of Mutants

Selene, Hope Summers (Stryfe), Franklin Richards, Legion, and Quentin Quire are the main players.

Selene has become a goddess once more and tries to preempt another overthrow like what happened during Necrosha. She first goes after the minds of the strongest mutants on Earth. She attempts to hijack the minds of all the beings that could possibly be a threat to her power starting with Omega-level mutants. All of them resist her control, much to her shock, and unleash a wave which alters reality and personalities. Their attempt at resisting Selene and their powers causes the Earth to be divided into domains and pantheons.

Selene: As an ancient Eastern European she takes cues from the Slavic gods and becomes an expy of Czernobog. Her Death Dealers become expies of various Slavic gods.
    Hope: As the mutant messiah, she takes on a much more Judeo-Christian approach. Specifically, she becomes Stryfe and becomes a reference to God in the Old Testament with some Canaanite mythology mixed in. The X-Men become much like many pre-Christian gods.
    Franklin: As a person who can create universes and his family, Franklin takes after heavy levels of post-modernism. He becomes a small parody of Marvel's abstract concepts with the Fantastic Four.
    Legion: He takes after the Greek Pantheon who are notorious for their incest. He makes a pantheon out of himself.
    Quentin Quire: He's the god that's mortal. His domain is the Norse Pantheon along with the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Off the top of my head, I think some sort of world war between the fictional nations of the earth might be kinda fun. Wakanda, Atlantis, Latveria, Attilan, etc. It would likely be an Avengers centric event (like most events quite frankly).

Maybe the lasting effect would be some sort of council created between the various monarchs... Black Panther, Namor, Black Bolt, Doom, etc. They can be almost an Illuminti group of sorts, which will attempt to maintain the peace between each other and at times even work together.
    I like the idea of a War on Earth with those nations involved. I feel like T'Challa and Blackagar would end up aligning if anything and Victor and Namor likewise if anything by midway of the event.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    I would love to see something related to Mephisto that attack the Earth, like some Hell on Earth, with the main players being the people who have a relation to Mephisto, Dr Doom, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Scarlet Witch and a samll group with this people have to face Mephisto in his reign, meanwhile the rest of the world fights on Earth, it would take a clever way to defeat Mephisto, instead of just punching him.
    Tie-in to Spider-Man and facing the truth of One More Day, that leave him devasted.
    I'd add in Silver Surfer. The two mutually dislike each other and Mephisto is really interested in gaining his soul.

I've been waiting for a war between all fictional nations ever since Doom War. BP and BB are going to work well with each other, considering the former has an intense hatred of Namor and Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

Followed Brevoort to the train and pitched this all to him last month. Since he maced me, it might not have been the right time for the company.
    If you yelled it at him like you wrote this in all caps, I can see why.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 12-29-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Eviction Notice. After years of mounting destruction and property damage the city of New York tells all the heroes they need to get the hell out. The Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and every other know hero are bared from having a headquaters within 10 miles of New York City proper. Only people like Spider Man are spared because his identity is not know, but this further jacks up his outlaw status. Even Daredevil and Doctor Strange are told they need to get out.

BANNED

I want something with all the magicians and mystical creatures on earth

My idea is that Thanos becomes host of the Phoenix Force, Thanos worships death whereas the Phoenix Force can create life but is also the harbinger of death.
    Yes both characters have been massively overused lately but imagine bringing together two of the most feared characters in the Marvel Universe
    My story would have a twist, usually it is Thanos seeking out some universal all powerful source but this time it is the Phoenix Force seeking Thanos out.
    Why would the Phoenix Force source out Thanos as its host you say ?.
    When the Phoenix Force first encountered Jean Grey it was drawn to her human emotions, it would be the same with Thanos, Thanos worships Mistress Death, he had a deep love of her plus he has a heartless genocidal side.
    I believe that the Phoenix Force would be intrigued by this, an intrigue that could've been piqued when Thanos battled his son Thane, who was host of the Phoenix Force at the time.
    Once one with the Phoenix Force Thanos would be engulfed by its endless power, the fact that the Phoenix Force is also an cosmic entity with a conscious would give Thanos a companion he has long strived for.
    Could the Phoenix Force power corrupt that which is already corrupted ?.
    How would the Universe react ?, how would existing cosmic entities react ?, how would former Phoenix Force hosts like Jean Grey react ?, how would Earths heroes stop such a force ?.
    With Avengers Endgame April 2019 and Dark Phoenix (X-Men) June 2019 movies due for release this would be a great time for such a story.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 12-29-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Fantastic Member

I like this, for me I would add the X-Men as well but on Attilan's side, Russia, United States and so on. With the repercussions being the world being weaker and more prone to invasions, so there is a order set in place for a new Avengers team that is International, and a new secret team to keep the peace between nations

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

A huge mystical event, spilling over into every corner of the Marvel Universe. I’d give minis to the Scarlet Witch and Doctor Voodoo, Shaman and Talisman, Magik and Amanda Sefton, and Wiccan and Nico Minoru, with Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider would have ongoings tied into it. It kinda would be like the Annihilation minis were geared toward setting up Annihilation. The main adversaries would be Mephisto and Belasco, who would employ various mystics who would act like Heralds for them. They would include Baron Mordo, Master Pandemonium, Llan the Sorcerer and Blackheart working for Mephisto, while Margali Szardos, Doctor Druid, Selene and Daimon Hellstrom would be working for Belasco. They’d be causing mystical occurrences to pop up around the globe, through time and space, to distract the Earthbound mages, but they’d secretly be tapping into the dawn of everything, by siphoning power from Sise-Neg. Think Inferno, but much bigger. Magic would literally be broken, with a sacrifice of one of the mages to absorb all of the magic, and recreate the Magical Big Bang again.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-29-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I think you have to establish the younger diversified class of super heroes as capable; as latent super heroes nobody thinks can do the business.

One of the ways of showing this is to have a really big event strip the old guard super heroes off the planet leaving the youngsters as the only home guard left to liberate the Earth. The attacking force would underestimate the untested young guard and realise too late that the super youths are more than just liberal idealists when push comes to shove. There’s only one person that can lead the young guard and that’s Miles Morales, the reluctant hero. This is where you use Mr. Ditko’s imagery, here, of the Master Planner arc in ASM #31-33, of Miles lifting off an impossible weight from over him, and it’s this that makes Miles the General.

BANNED

I don't really have an odea of any sort but I think a Carol centric event would be nice depending on the reception of her movie. Also depending on the pitch. Im not talking an event where it pits heroes against each other or leaves them morrally ambigous though if done right I'm sure could work. But I mean an event that has her in the forefront kind of how Throne of Atlantis was for the lesser popullar Aquaman (Among his peers). Be weird to put her in the forefront in the movies and show little to no actual push in the comics. Outside putting her in events with focus on other characters with cringe dialogue.

Hell finishing writing that first paragraph I actually have a couple pitches.
    Pitch 1: Back in her early Miss Marvel days the Supreme Intelligence said something about her being a possible queen of a whole new generation of Kree. Something along those lines. They could do a story that ends up in a situation where Carol has to govern a planet of Kree. Maybe a villain who believes in said same destiny feels threatened by it and decides to eliminate Carol or the means of her possibly fufilling the destiny. Add the Inhumans on top of it. http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads...225_171602.jpg
    Pitch 2: Have all these Captain Marvels of different realities come together to fight a common threat. I think the concept would please alot of fans of various iterations of the character you could have a elsewhere Monica, older Kamala and Marvels version of Billy Batson all take part in the story.

Hell combine both pitches and there's your story.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Mentioned it in the FF thread earlier, but I’ll go into detail more here.

This one would be loosely connected to Hickmans Secret Wars. For several months/years, there would be build up across all titles that stars are “going out” and something sinister is on the way.
    Turns out what the “something sinister” IS, is actually one last Beyonder. Turns out this one was able to luckily survive when Doom tried to wipe them out, and has been recouperating ever since, but seems to have spent too much time near “things” that it’s gained a personality and actually resents those who defied the great plan way back when.
    So naturally, it’s hopping across the dimensions in search of OUR one. It plans to come after those who stole the powers previously (putting Doom and Reed high on the wanted list) to kill them, and after that it will continue the great plan and destroy multiverses again. While recouperating, it’s also changed an entire world into its army.
    So what ensues is a great good vs bad epic. Think the MCUs Infinity War where the threat of Thanos felt too big and long-coming.
    Plus, we’d get to see Reed and Doom working side by side which would be awesome.