Page 22 of 100 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Depending on the success and exposure of the Runaways TV series, I could see this being a great ongoing title. I'd love to see interactions with other young heroes in the MU

Doubtful b/c I feel like they'd have shown it already if we were getting a flashback. I do miss the AvAc kids though, especially Hazmat & Reptil. Initiative kids like Cloud 9 or Trauma should be with the Secret Warriors rather than the ragtag team of inhumans that currently exists. And the Young Avengers deserve a comeback. Outside of Moon Girl, Ironheart, the Champions and a small handful of others, youth are strangely absent in the MU. Kinda makes me wish that Gerts offhand comment about a school for disenchanted youngsters was a reality. I'd kill for a training facility/hangout/base of operations for our young Marvel heroes.
    Yes!!! This. The 'Thin Spandex Line' from the Young Avengers should have a base of operations and everything. Funded by Tony, Roberto, and Johnny as reparations for all the sh!t that the kids went through. And none of them can even talk to Pym anymore because he went AWOL.

I'd love to see the Initiative teens again, doing something productive. They would make nice Secret Warriors members. The Young Avengers and the Runaways getting stellar relaunches gives me hope for the AvAc, especially with all the comments we're getting about 'Arena' and the defunct academy.

And the whole 'youth' problem is rampant in Marvel. There's tons of characters to use and create stories from so I don't know why we see the same five characters as tokens on this team or that team when there's a plethora available. Hope we can see a Marvel soon where the Champions, Nu-Gen X, and (maybe) O5 can co-exist with titles like Runaways, Young Avengers, Loners, Young Allies, Avengers Initiative, New X-Men, and the Future Foundation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yes!!! This. The 'Thin Spandex Line' from the Young Avengers should have a base of operations and everything. Funded by Tony, Roberto, and Johnny as reparations for all the sh!t that the kids went through. And none of them can even talk to Pym anymore because he went AWOL.

I'd love to see the Initiative teens again, doing something productive. They would make nice Secret Warriors members. The Young Avengers and the Runaways getting stellar relaunches gives me hope for the AvAc, especially with all the comments we're getting about 'Arena' and the defunct academy.

And the whole 'youth' problem is rampant in Marvel. There's tons of characters to use and create stories from so I don't know why we see the same five characters as tokens on this team or that team when there's a plethora available. Hope we can see a Marvel soon where the Champions, Nu-Gen X, and (maybe) O5 can co-exist with titles like Runaways, Young Avengers, Loners, Young Allies, Avengers Initiative, New X-Men, and the Future Foundation.
    I'm very fond of this concept. And yes it's fully reasonable for the richest characters to be funding the education of the next generation of heroes. I believe Sunspot gave up his assets, but I'm all for the idea. They deserve support and guidance.

Yeah, I doubt they all gave up on superheroics and reintegrated themselves into normal society. I'd love to see Cloud 9 with the Secret Warriors in particular under Quakes leadership. Debrii should go to Xaviers. I'm not too sure about the rest. And a reopening of the AvAc would be great though a new faculty would be needed. Jocasta + Tigra should remain, and I'd add Swordsman and Melinda May. The rest are a little harder to figure out. I like the idea of them being rather independant with guidance only when necessary.

Nu-Gen X can't last forever. And the O5 will return home eventually. Young Avengers and All-New X-Men should fill the void, and the rest can fill the niche in a group youth book

SENSATIONAL.

Only TWO issues in and this writer is AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR-ing over all expectations and apprehensions.

Rainbow Rowell -- you're a real talent and, if I'm allowed to abuse hyperbole for a hot second, AN UNEQUIVOCAL TREASURE AND BLESSING TO BOTH THE CHARACTERS AND THE FANDOM!

Not since BKV himself have I felt such confidence in the appointed Captain of the Runaways vessel and I'm just thrilled.

Viva Rowell! Long may she REIGN!

Seems like we're looking a complete Runaways reunion. Once Molly Hayes & Karolina Dean are gathered, I would not be at all surprised to see future issues bring back Xavin and Klara back. And of course spoilers:
    Victor Mancha could be rebuilt/reborn
    end of spoilers

I find myself wishing that Singularity was here with Nico, but perhaps that'd make the cast a little too big.

Overall, #2 was a great issue. Great art, nice characterisation and I'm excited for what comes next
    Hopefully, Blue is with Dazzler. Unfortunately Alison's one-shot got postponed. No showed in both the Nov and Dec solicits.

Considering the Victor thing, I think a team-up with the Champions wouldn't go amiss. Doesn't Viv know what happened?

Yeah, I doubt they all gave up on superheroics and reintegrated themselves into normal society. I'd love to see Cloud 9 with the Secret Warriors in particular under Quakes leadership. Debrii should go to Xaviers.
    Debrii's probably going back to the New Warriors. Surely they'll get a book again when the show comes out? Though Microbe will need resurrecting if they want to match the show's team. Secret Warriors is selling low enough that I don't think that'll be an option soon.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-12-2017 at 02:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hopefully, Blue is with Dazzler. Unfortunately, Alison's one-shot got postponed. No showed in both the Nov and Dec solicits
    It's possible. Though bringing her into Dazzlers one-shot may sidetrack her story. She should be worked into another title. If not Runaways, then maybe a Young Avengers relaunch, or whatever ragtag team of New/Mighty Avengers comes out of No Surrender.

Considering the Victor thing, I think a team-up with the Champions wouldn't go amiss. Doesn't Viv know what happened?
    I'm sure a Champions crossover/encounter could be on the cards. I can't really remember if Viv was aware or not; would she not be 'related' to Victor too? I feel like Molly Hayes would love Ms. Marvel too, and probably likes interacting with a more public team of young heroes.

Debrii's probably going back to the New Warriors. Surely they'll get a book again when the show comes out? Though Microbe will need resurrecting if they want to match the show's team. Secret Warriors is selling low enough that I don't think that'll be an option soon.
    You might be right. I suppose that synergy with the New Warriors TV show is inevitable, though Debrii I think is a very minor character in comparison to the others so I'd rather her join other mutants at Xaviers. I wouldn't bother resurrecting Microbe as I can't see him being a fan-favorite. As for Secret Warriors, I suspect it can't co-exist with the New Warriors.

New Trailer!

I thought that one was a lot more exciting than the first. More Old Lace, lots of Nico and Alex, Chase with his stuff, more of Karolina's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    New Trailer!

I thought that one was a lot more exciting than the first. More Old Lace, lots of Nico and Alex, Chase with his stuff, more of Karolina's powers.
    so, taking into account the twists and stories already published, does the show have the freedom to set its own path? For one thing, do you have to expect a betrayal by SPOILERS!!! at some point, or can this be put off for several seasons at least?

Incredible Member

Having Alex set everything in motion does make me think his character motivations may be the same.

I think that if it's really gonna happen, they're not gonna kill him, and probably portray him on a less negative light. As in that he really thinks that the Pride's goal is the best for his friends.

Amazing Member

The group looks way closer then they were at the beginning of the book

It's possible. Though bringing her into Dazzlers one-shot may sidetrack her story. She should be worked into another title. If not Runaways, then maybe a Young Avengers relaunch, or whatever ragtag team of New/Mighty Avengers comes out of No Surrender.

I'm sure a Champions crossover/encounter could be on the cards. I can't really remember if Viv was aware or not; would she not be 'related' to Victor too? I feel like Molly Hayes would love Ms. Marvel too, and probably likes interacting with a more public team of young heroes.
    Dazzler no-showed again in the January solicits, so now I'm thinking they may have cancelled the one-shot.

And Viv is related to Victor. Victor is Vision's brother, as both were created by Ultron. So that makes Viv Victor's niece. Unfortunately, the January solicits show that to be a moot point...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The hype is REAL! I'm so glad everything about the show is looking good so far. Not gonna lie, I was worried for a while after what happened with Inhumans.

Scott Lang must've had an encounter with the Runaways at some point... when trapped and surrounded with Gamora in this week's GOTG issue, he quoted their catchphrase - "Try not to die".

Astonishing Member

Scott Lang must've had an encounter with the Runaways at some point... when trapped and surrounded with Gamora in this week's GOTG issue, he quoted their catchphrase - "Try not to die".
    I see that somebody noticed that classic line from the RUNAWAYS Series.