Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1493
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm just saying, the plug could be pulled at any time with sales these bad. I'm confident there'd be an attempt at a re-launch or a switch to digital exclusive (like the Netflix series), but every issue is a blessing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm just saying, the plug could be pulled at any time with sales these bad. I'm confident there'd be an attempt at a re-launch or a switch to digital exclusive (like the Netflix series), but every issue is a blessing right now.
    Technically/hypothetically everything can be cancelled any moment. But it's been said by the writer that it's gonna go until issue #18 at least and there's no evidence of otherwise. I'm sure it must have done well in trade. Based on floppy sales alone, it would have ended at #12 at best.

I finally found the Nico Minoru Funko Pop! Now, I wish Funko would made Billy Kaplan (Wiccan) and I would have my 4 favorites Marvel characters!

IMG_0839.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I wonder how they get trapped in the Hostel. Are they afraid to leave?

I want Xavin to come back. But having them come back to "ruin everything" would just be rude.
    I miss Xavin! But I don't want her/him back in the same way as Julie...I always shipped Deanoru but I hated the fanservice in this volume. It was so forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    I miss Xavin! But I don't want her/him back in the same way as Julie...I always shipped Deanoru but I hated the fanservice in this volume. It was so forced.
    I don't think it's fanservice, so much as Rowell choosing to put the kids back into the relationships that it seemed that BKV himself was moving towards.

Victor and Gert, as just one example, was definitely hinted at by BKV before he killed Gert and exited the book.

Rowell's ability to take on the tone of the original issues, while simultaneously acknowledging what's happened to the kids since those earliest adventures, is one of the main reasons I find the book so magically good.

-Pav, who hopes the book lasts for at least 36 issues....
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

https://twitter.com/rainbowrowell/st...18488494305280
    I guess this tweet basically confirms Rowell's run ends in issue 18. Not sure if after that they will get a different writer or cancel it.

Honestly, I really disliked the way Julie was treated in this book.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    I finally found the Nico Minoru Funko Pop! Now, I wish Funko would made Billy Kaplan (Wiccan) and I would have my 4 favorites Marvel characters!

IMG_0839.jpg
    Lovely collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    https://twitter.com/rainbowrowell/st...18488494305280
    I guess this tweet basically confirms Rowell's run ends in issue 18. Not sure if after that they will get a different writer or cancel it.
    I didn't read as a confirmation of the book ending, just that, right now, they have up to 18 issues. February is a few months from now, so it's possible Marvel is waiting to see how the sales outside of the direct market are doing in the meantime to assess if the book is going further or not. Anyway, fingers crossed we'll get more issues.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-24-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Lovely collection!

I didn't read as a confirmation of the book ending, just that, right now, they have up to 18 issues. February is a few months from now, so it's possible Marvel is waiting to see how the sales outside of the direct market are doing in the meantime to assess if the book is going further or not. Anyway, fingers crossed we'll get more issues.
    That is actually possible too.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, it's hard to say right now. Eighteen straight issues without being re-numbered or major change in creative team is about as much as one can expect from Marvel nowadays. The sales could use a boost from a Number One.

I'm probably not going to be able to resist getting the Runaways pops.

Julie was thrown under the bus to get Karolina and Nico together. We never saw any real development in Julie and Karolina's relationship but after how it ended, it'd be most in character for Julie to never speak to her again. Most of us don't run around chatting with our exes and remaining friends. Besides, I can't imagine that she'd be too happy that Karolina wasted no time in moving on. Yes, Nico made the first move (this time), but Karolina reciprocated. It was in really bad taste, they should've spent some time with Julie before shafting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Julie was thrown under the bus to get Karolina and Nico together. We never saw any real development in Julie and Karolina's relationship but after how it ended, it'd be most in character for Julie to never speak to her again. Most of us don't run around chatting with our exes and remaining friends. Besides, I can't imagine that she'd be too happy that Karolina wasted no time in moving on. Yes, Nico made the first move (this time), but Karolina reciprocated. It was in really bad taste, they should've spent some time with Julie before shafting her.
    It was painful bc Julie looks great as gf. Nico loving Karolina comes from nowhere...just like an silly impulse. I wanted more interactions between them but not with Julie in the middle of all of this.
    PS: I love really Deanoru but this wasn't the way :/

Kevin Wada

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Honestly, I find this situation rather odd. Karolina's first page in this Runaways run was describing about how happy she was with her life and how she was happy with Julie. And then Julie breaks up with her and 2 seconds later she is already hooking up with Nico, like, ??????????

Rowell really did a poor job in this front just for the sake of synchronicity with the TV show. It also doesn't help much since the artist of the book looked to be really into Deanoru since day one. So, actually, Julie and Karolina never had a chance really. And being completely honest with you, it seems like in the TV show things won't go well for Karolina and Nico, mainly because she got together with Karolina while she was pissed at Alex.

It was painful bc Julie looks great as gf. Nico loving Karolina comes from nowhere...just like an silly impulse. I wanted more interactions between them but not with Julie in the middle of all of this.
    PS: I love really Deanoru but this wasn't the way :/
    I actually reread all of the Runaways' runs before reading the current run, and Nico always had this characteristic of being a mess in terms of romance. Apart from that, things between Karolina and Nico seemed really rushed in Rowell's run. If she really wanted to put them together so much in so little time, she should have started the run with Karolina and Julie already broken up. I don't see the point of bringing a character into the book just to bash it the way she did with Julie.

Mighty Member

Honestly, I find this situation rather odd. Karolina's first page in this Runaways run was describing about how happy she was with her life and how she was happy with Julie. And then Julie breaks up with her and 2 seconds later she is already hooking up with Nico, like, ??????????
    Yeah, and she was lying to herself. That was the whole point of that sequence, in the story thus far. Karolina was convincing herself of something that ultimately wasn't true.

Also, Karolina wasn't that into Julie. As she proved by completely ignoring Julie during her stay with the group. Again, Karolina was trying to be 'normal.' And failing.

Rowell really did a poor job in this front just for the sake of synchronicity with the TV show. It also doesn't help much since the artist of the book looked to be really into Deanoru since day one. So, actually, Julie and Karolina never had a chance really. And being completely honest with you, it seems like in the TV show things won't go well for Karolina and Nico, mainly because she got together with Karolina while she was pissed at Alex.

I actually reread all of the Runaways' runs before reading the current run, and Nico always had this characteristic of being a mess in terms of romance. Apart from that, things between Karolina and Nico seemed really rushed in Rowell's run. If she really wanted to put them together so much in so little time, she should have started the run with Karolina and Julie already broken up. I don't see the point of bringing a character into the book just to bash it the way she did with Julie.
    Disagree. Reread the two issues of V2 that introduced Xavin, and look at Nico's reactions. Especially when Karolina decides to leave Earth. Nico was devestated.

This relationship has been building since the very first issues of the series. Karolina has been all in on Nico since the very beginning. She'll accept a substitute, and can be happy in a relationship elsewhere, but she always comes back to Nico.

The only thing Rowell has done here is bring Nico to a place where she is ready to finally try and make an effort with Karolina. It's far from sudden, it's built on years of characterization and development. Frankly, and I say this as someone who ISN'T necessarily on the Deanoru train, it's been a long time coming.