Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Good issue, some nice character beats for Victor, Doombot and Gert.

spoilers:
    And Klara got a happy ending?
    end of spoilers
    I love Doombot, he should stay forever.

spoilers:
    And yeah, I think it's clear that Rowell isn't really interested in writing Klara on the team, so I think it's nice that she gave her a "happy ending"(on quotes cause the scene was actually kinda sad... I wish they were more happy for her and she wasn't kinda mad at everyone).
    end of spoilers

It seems that now that things have calmed down they have again dealt with their own problems.

spoilers:
    It is obvious that Victor's reaction is because of what happened between him and the Vision family. He is afraid of becoming a weapon and hurt someone again and is afraid of Vision and the Avengers find out that he has been activated. Molly with Ms Marvel shirt and Gert's taking a step forward to grow up were the best for me.

I want to believe that Klara is well and happy but for some reason in the case of Runaways happy endings or normal lives is something hard to believe.
    end of spoilers

Nico Minoru and Karolina made a small appearance in Jessica Jones' digital comic.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It was an alright issue.

spoilers:
    I'm very much digging the Victor/Doombot stuff. I do hope it all comes together soon, when the shoe drops completely things are gonna be tense.

Gert's new look was kind of surprising, but it makes sense. She came back to life, everything was different so she has to be as well. Gotta try to grow as a person, and all that. Hopefully she becomes an interesting character one day.

Glad that Klara was given more of a send off than just a single line being in foster care. Rowell clearly isn't interested in writing the character, but I kind of wish she didn't end it in a way that shit has to go down in order for her to show up again. It's the kind of happy ending that it would take a pretty crappy story to undo. But I do kind of like the idea of a character rejecting the lifestyle though? It makes sense, the entire situation with the team is pretty unhealthy when put under any scrutiny.
    end of spoilers

Man this artist gives these guys the BEST looks for poor kids.

Heroine had brown hair right?

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Man this artist gives these guys the BEST looks for poor kids.
    Yeah, the series artists for Runaways have always tried to keep them super stylish* even when it wouldn't make much sense. You can explain it away by literal magic or just good old bargain hunting, but it is weird sometimes. I mean Chase Stein doesn't seem like the guy to be that style conscious.

*Except when they all wore Crocs in volume 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Heroine had brown hair right?
    Not quite.

heroine.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Not quite.
    Still more brunette than purple

spoilers:
    Just noticed that Klara gave them all flowers as a goodbye present.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

This issue was excellent. All of the stuff with Victor was solid gold. Wonderful use of continuity, building on what has come before to move the new story forward. Gert's portion of the story was quieter, but in some ways more profound. Confronted with how much everybody else has changed, she is forced to accept that she must (and in fact already has) as well.

Also, Anka on art. Dude, I love the look of this book so much. Each character has such a distinct and well realized style, unique to them and utterly recognizable at a glance. And I don't just say that because 17-year-old me would have fallen in love with Gert the moment she came downstairs at the end. Nico and Karolina who?

I really wasn't sure about this run when it was announced, but it has become such a consistently delightful read each month. It's so much fun to have these characters, recognizable, well written and characterized, back in a book that seems so smoothly capable of both delivering on what has already happened AND progressing the characters in new and exciting directions. It feels like family.

spoilers:
    Just noticed that Klara gave them all flowers as a goodbye present.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I saw it too. spoilers:
    guess that means that they parted in good ways
    end of spoilers

It was an alright issue.

spoilers:
    I'm very much digging the Victor/Doombot stuff. I do hope it all comes together soon, when the shoe drops completely things are gonna be tense.

Gert's new look was kind of surprising, but it makes sense. She came back to life, everything was different so she has to be as well. Gotta try to grow as a person, and all that. Hopefully she becomes an interesting character one day.

Glad that Klara was given more of a send off than just a single line being in foster care. Rowell clearly isn't interested in writing the character, but I kind of wish she didn't end it in a way that shit has to go down in order for her to show up again. It's the kind of happy ending that it would take a pretty crappy story to undo. But I do kind of like the idea of a character rejecting the lifestyle though? It makes sense, the entire situation with the team is pretty unhealthy when put under any scrutiny.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Shit going down would be easy to make happen. I'm surprised that Klara would be so at ease with the two dads situation (Nico's reaction is exactly what you'd expect) because in the time period she's from, homosexuality would've been considered evil. However, what if one of both of the foster fathers turns out to be mutie hater?
    end of spoilers

Not quite.

heroine.jpg
    They didn't mention who Iron Woman is, did they? There's three possible candidates, and two of them hadn't been introduced yet at the time, and I don't think the third had powers yet either - Toni Ho, Riri Williams, and Pepper Potts (aka Rescue II/Iron Patriot III, Ironheart, and Rescue I).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-19-2018 at 01:26 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I really wasn't sure about this run when it was announced, but it has become such a consistently delightful read each month. It's so much fun to have these characters, recognizable, well written and characterized, back in a book that seems so smoothly capable of both delivering on what has already happened AND progressing the characters in new and exciting directions. It feels like family.
    I'm with you there. I was hesitant to start picking up another monthly title after having been more or less out of the game for Four years, but I was definitely intrigued. When I read the first issue I didn't really feel anything, but a few months later after having started a new job* I bought issues Two through Five at once. It felt like coming home, and having all your friends there to greet you. We're all a little different than when we last hung out, but everything clicks immediately and you feel like no time has passed.

That might be a little bit of nostalgia, but having recently re-read BKV's originally run... yikes, it does not hold up as well as I wished it did. Not only do I think the new book is better than the original run, somehow it's better than how I remember the original run being.

*It's a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Shit going down would be easy to make happen. I'm surprised that Klara would be so at ease with the two dads situation (Nico's reaction is exactly what you'd expect) because in the time period she's from, homosexuality would've been considered evil. However, what if one of both of the foster fathers turns out to be mutie hater?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Oh, it would be easy to have it happen. It would likely just feel cheap to rob the character of a happy ending when it's a pretty decent one. Klara's shown to have grown as a person, finally have some stability in her life, and parted with the team on good terms. To override all of that with a simple "Oh no, the Foster dads are actually jerks!" would be hard to not feel forced. I think I'm glad with what we were given here, Rowell could have just ignored her for the entirety of her run but instead gave us a well written, and perfectly reasonable conclusion.
    end of spoilers

RUNAWY2017014.jpg

RUNAWAYS #14
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    DAVID LAFUENTE (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    A truly terrifying villain from the Runaways’ past returns and gives the Runaways an ultimatum with the world in the balance.
    The kids have had a hard enough time with a grandma and a 13-year-old, so…things look pretty bleak for everyone in the world.
    Plus, see a story from a never-before-seen perspective!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I'm with you there. I was hesitant to start picking up another monthly title after having been more or less out of the game for Four years, but I was definitely intrigued. When I read the first issue I didn't really feel anything, but a few months later after having started a new job* I bought issues Two through Five at once. It felt like coming home, and having all your friends there to greet you. We're all a little different than when we last hung out, but everything clicks immediately and you feel like no time has passed.

That might be a little bit of nostalgia, but having recently re-read BKV's originally run... yikes, it does not hold up as well as I wished it did. Not only do I think the new book is better than the original run, somehow it's better than how I remember the original run being.

*It's a great job!

spoilers:
    Oh, it would be easy to have it happen. It would likely just feel cheap to rob the character of a happy ending when it's a pretty decent one. Klara's shown to have grown as a person, finally have some stability in her life, and parted with the team on good terms. To override all of that with a simple "Oh no, the Foster dads are actually jerks!" would be hard to not feel forced. I think I'm glad with what we were given here, Rowell could have just ignored her for the entirety of her run but instead gave us a well written, and perfectly reasonable conclusion.
    end of spoilers
    I agree, I liked how things ended with Klara, maybe there is a chance she'll appear again, but it was a good ending for the character and a well deserved one.