Page 84 of 100 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1493
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Cover/Solicit for RUNAWAYS #17

wilder.jpg

RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    KRIS ANKA (A/C)
    • ALEX WILDER: No one led the Runaways better. No one hurt them more.
    • Will he help them overcome the worst threat they’ve faced since their reunion, or is another betrayal, and the end of the world, on the horizon?
    • It’s time for the biggest battle you’ve seen in seventeen issues, and the family will never be the same!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Issue #14 was nice. Not much worth noting after the preview pages for the Lafuente story, but the Miyazawa story from the POV of Old Lace was very sweet.

spoilers:
    Old Lace totally ships Deanoru.
    end of spoilers

Old Lace was the hight point of today's issue.

And more jokes with the X-mens but it got weird. I mean was not it for them to ask Avengers for help? And can anyone remind me of when the X-men tried to deport Karolina?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Old Lace was the hight point of today's issue.

And more jokes with the X-mens but it got weird. I mean was not it for them to ask Avengers for help? And can anyone remind me of when the X-men tried to deport Karolina?
    That was probably a reference to the "S.W.O.R.D" series by Kieron Gillen and Steven Sanders. Karolinia Dean was one of the many aliens that Gyrich tried to deport from Earth. Beast and Abigail Brand managed to stop the deportations.

I'm guessing from Karolina's point of view Beast was no less responsible than Gyrich.

If it was SWORD, she should be blaming Alpha Flight, not the X-Men. AF is SWORD's successor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If it was SWORD, she should be blaming Alpha Flight, not the X-Men. AF is SWORD's successor.
    But S.W.O.R.D. had strong ties and association with the X-men, so yeah, I wouldn't blame her either.

Another solid issue and the old lace part was really fun ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    But S.W.O.R.D. had strong ties and association with the X-men, so yeah, I wouldn't blame her either.

Another solid issue and the old lace part was really fun ^^
    Yeah, it's like there can be misunderstandings and characters can make mistakes.

It was a really fun part of the issue. Takeshi Miyazawa often gets overlooked on the titles he works on, but he's also been awesome at conveying character moments. I absolutely loved his design for Molly in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    That was probably a reference to the "S.W.O.R.D" series by Kieron Gillen and Steven Sanders. Karolinia Dean was one of the many aliens that Gyrich tried to deport from Earth. Beast and Abigail Brand managed to stop the deportations.

I'm guessing from Karolina's point of view Beast was no less responsible than Gyrich.
    Thank you.

I would never have understood the reference and that was in 2010.

It is true Sword and X-mens used to work together in various situations a tradition that Carol continued to follow and few people know that Brand is a mutant.

No problem. I think those issues of SWORD were the first place the kids showed up after the third series was cancelled. They played a larger role in an arc of "Daken: Dark Wolverine" from a bit after. I would be incredibly surprised if that were to ever be referenced in this series. Weird characterizations aside, there being a hyper-addictive drug made using the DNA of the Pride would probably lead things down a weird route.

spoilers:
    It was nice seeing Karolina freaking out over being responsible for the genocide of another race. I feel like that kind of survivor's guilt from what happened to Majesdane and Tarnax VII, and Karolina's role in it has been really glossed over by other writers
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    It was nice seeing Karolina freaking out over being responsible for the genocide of another race. I feel like that kind of survivor's guilt from what happened to Majesdane and Tarnax VII, and Karolina's role in it has been really glossed over by other writers
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, it was always kind of weird how little she seemed to care after she came home from Earth. She wasn't fully responsible, but she had her role.
    end of spoilers

Also Dave Lafuente is selling some of his Runaways pages if anyone has 150-200 Euro lying around. Too rich for me at the moment.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 10-17-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Old Lace was the high point of today's issue.
    Old Lace made me like Gib, a newly introduced character who hasn't even spoken yet! That's got to be a super-power, 'cause I didn't think it was possible.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That is a chunky batch of info. Good to know the cast have been thinking about Victor, he'll be worth adapting even if it is challenging. Was kind of hoping for shout outs to their code names however, even just as PSN handles.

I once again failed on my quest to acquire the new Runaways HeroClix pack. I don't know how the WizKids distributors can reliably release wave after wave of DnD/Pathfinder miniatures, but can't successfully ship HeroClix on the East Coast.

I also ordered the Runaways Soundtrack on Vinyl while I was drinking last week. I don't even own a record player, but I'm glad drunk me supports this institution.