Page 70 of 100 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1493

I guess this is more about Robbie anyway, but when it comes to the WCA, I imagined more the Runaways guest-starring there than the other way around.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't think the Gibborim gave the Staff of One to Tina, we saw in Whedon's time travel arc that the Staff had been in the Minoru family for at least 100 years.
    Ah, I missed that run, I just (possibly mis)remember their first appearance in the Vaughn run, snatched from their wedding by the Gibborim, IIRC, and don't remember the Staff being there. (But my memory is full of holes, so it could totally have been there...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ah, I missed that run, I just (possibly mis)remember their first appearance in the Vaughn run, snatched from their wedding by the Gibborim, IIRC, and don't remember the Staff being there. (But my memory is full of holes, so it could totally have been there...)
    You're correct, Tina did not summon the Staff when they were first brought into the Pride. It looks like we're getting some background into the Staff soon too

RUNAWAYS #15
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    KRIS ANKA (A/C)
    TV VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    Nico’s magic has always been painful — an inheritance from her parents she had to hurt herself to use.
    At last, she learns the shocking source of the Staff of One’s power, and things will never be the same.
    There’s a battle on the horizon. Will the Runaways still have a sorcerer on their side?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yes, our first Victor Mancha action figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    You're correct, Tina did not summon the Staff when they were first brought into the Pride. It looks like we're getting some background into the Staff soon too

RUNAWAYS #15
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    KRIS ANKA (A/C)
    TV VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    Nico’s magic has always been painful — an inheritance from her parents she had to hurt herself to use.
    At last, she learns the shocking source of the Staff of One’s power, and things will never be the same.
    There’s a battle on the horizon. Will the Runaways still have a sorcerer on their side?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Looking forward to more Staff of One Lore!

I'm curious about the returning villain they've been teasing in the solicits.

"A major villain from Runaways past is back in a way you won’t be able to predict!"
    "A truly terrifying villain from the Runaways' past returns and gives the Runaways an ultimatum with the world in the balance."
    "A story from a never-before-seen perspective!"
    (Assumingly the Villain's POV)
    "There’s a battle on the horizon. Will the Runaways still have a sorcerer on their side?"

With the 'in a way you won't be able to predict' opening up the doors to dead and long gone villains, could be almost anyone.

Most likely : Alex, Victorius, A member of the Pride,
    Could also be: Gibborim, Ultron, Topher, Light Brigade
    Possible: Val Rhymin, Lieutenant Flores, 'New Pride', Provost
    Unlikely: Hunter Stein, Pusher Man, Zemo, Arcade, Kingpin, Swarm, Apex, Witchbreaker, Marie Laveau, Sinners, Dragoness, Upward Path, A Second Secret Invasion from the Skrull Empire

Revisiting the VICTORIOUS storyline/thread and digging deeper into the Minoru legacy is giving me chills. CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!

I'm really not sure who the returning big bad could be.

An emergence of Victorious could definitely be a possibility, but I don't think that's what Rowell is going for with Victor. I think his storyline is more about dealing with what he has already done, not what he'll become. I could be wrong of course.

Alex Wilder seems like the big one, he's alive and playing the villain role. As far as we know Nico is the only one to know he's back from the dead, and they were definitely on the go during her time in Bagalia. That alone could cause massive drama without Alex doing anything directly antagonistic. With A-Wild's suped up magic he could definitely be a world ender in any case.

We already have Alice Hayes in terms of currently living members of the Pride, it may be a little soon to bring her back into the picture however. Still she's a powerful and unhinged psychic, she could cause a lot of harm on her own. Same thing with her Mother via super science!

I can't see Topher as being too dangerous alone, but he could easily be magicked back into existence and start siring. Could make for a fun throwback to the first villain they ever faced.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would make sense that the Gibborim didn't just give up, and could have a second 'Pride' out there, sacrificing away and running down the clock. (or they might have created a second Pride sometime after the first group starting having kids, giving them the impression that, instead of helping them rid the world of humans, they were *making more of them*, so that the new 'Pride' group could be only a few years away from completing their task!).

We also really didn't see most of the parents die. Yeah, the building imploded, and the Gibborim were attempting to kill them, but Geoffrey Wilder is the only confirmed death, that I know of. Several of them had special powers or talents that could have allowed them to escape, like Tina Minoru, who could be hiding under magical wards from Gibborim retaliation, or one of the Majesdanians or one of Molly's mutant parents (who have demonstrated telepathy, but could have other talents, as 'telepaths' like Jean Grey or Monet or Emma Frost or Rachel Summers or Nate Grey or Exodus, who also have additional powers, have shown over the years).

I'm not sure I *want* to see any of the parents return (since it's the kids story, and not theirs), but it's an option for a writer with a good enough idea to explore.

Fanwank: Tina Minoru once said 'The Staff of One, which even the Dread Dormammu feared.' She wasn't shown with it in her first Runaways appearance, IIRC, so perhaps (instead of the notion that she stole it from Kamar-Taj and the Ancient One) she got it from the Gibborim, who used their power to snatch it away from the Dark Dimension, where Dormammu had it stashed away. This would have been 20-ish years ago, just about the time the Dormammu, who has more or less ignored Earth's dimension for centuries, made a push to invade, which Dr. Strange stopped. A writer could sew these threads together and say that Dormammu invaded the Earth dimension, in violation of a 'no fly zone' agreed to with previous Sorcerers Supreme, *because* the Gibborim stole the Staff of One from him to gift to one of their Earthly servants (which he rationalized as 'Earth broke the treaty first, by invading my realm and stealing stuff, so I'm just retaliating!')

Dr. Strange would have no idea that Dormammu was invading those decades ago because someone from Earth had a mystical artifact stolen from him, and Dormammu's not about to explain to some mortal sorcerer that he got punked. He doesn't need to explain himself, and he certainly doesn't want to advertise that his security has a Gibborim-shaped hole in it. Yeah, sure, Dormammu was *also* testing if the new Sorcerer Supreme had the strength to back up the compact and protect the Earth, but he also had an excuse!
    I thought the Gibborim ceased to exist after Chase's self sacrifice failed. They were shown to be in hell with Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by personamanx View Post
    It's happening bitches.

Edit: Meh, CBR doesn't allow all caps
    Last edited by Wiccan; 08-23-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    it's happening bitches.
    The odds of a mutual smooch are indeed high. A smoochual if you will.

I'm all for it, but I'm also down for it not happening after all of this build up because I would love the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Knew it. Sucks it was at the cost of Juile-Karolina.

Incredible Member

I think even if they kiss, they will not be together. It's Nico, it's the same when she kissed Victor and Chase, she does it, kissing others for the wrong reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I think even if they kiss, they will not be together. It's Nico, it's the same when she kissed Victor and Chase, she does it, kissing others for the wrong reasons...
    I was half expecting her to kiss Karolina while she was still dating Julie tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Xargukon View Post
    I was half expecting her to kiss Karolina while she was still dating Julie tbh.
    Well, she tried.