Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100
Results 1,486 to 1,493 of 1493

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Presumably, I mean they agreed to call up SHIELD/The Avengers when they were simmering down in the backyard. I don't know where else both Grandma, and Alice would be.
    Oh RIGHT!
    So unless Grandma and Alice made a break for it.... or SHIELD forgot their anti-telepathy-tech... I guess they're locked up.

What I've really liked about this current volume is that, while they haven't all realized it yet, they haven't really been running away and there's nothing they really need to run away from. Other than Molly they're all adults, they're not being hunted or hiding from anyone, they're just living their lives together, because that's what makes them feel most comfortable. I do hope we at some point get them to realize this, because they are all still in a "runaway" state of mind, which when you spend so long doing that its understandable why its hard to get away from it, but by now they'd be able to live how ever they want as a family.

I'm also all for more superheroic situations, though probably more than that I want to see them interact with other heroes more. Two of them are Avengers, they have contacts, why not try hanging out and meeting with some of them. I know Thompson (who wrote Nico in A-Force & a cameo in Jessica Jones) has said she has talked with Rowell about being interested in having the Runaways show up in West Coast Avengers, but there's no concrete plans yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    What I've really liked about this current volume is that, while they haven't all realized it yet, they haven't really been running away and there's nothing they really need to run away from. Other than Molly they're all adults, they're not being hunted or hiding from anyone, they're just living their lives together, because that's what makes them feel most comfortable. I do hope we at some point get them to realize this, because they are all still in a "runaway" state of mind, which when you spend so long doing that its understandable why its hard to get away from it, but by now they'd be able to live how ever they want as a family.

I'm also all for more superheroic situations, though probably more than that I want to see them interact with other heroes more. Two of them are Avengers, they have contacts, why not try hanging out and meeting with some of them. I know Thompson (who wrote Nico in A-Force & a cameo in Jessica Jones) has said she has talked with Rowell about being interested in having the Runaways show up in West Coast Avengers, but there's no concrete plans yet.
    omg. You're RIGHT.
    This whole "off the grid" lifestyle is just kind of......a weird "What, this is just how we live" thing. Like, they are getting jobs to pay for food and personal items but dodging taxes and fees for a residence etc.
    They aren't running from anything... other than responsibility? societal expectation?

Those are good things to run from. Imma send in my application to join the fam.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    or one's more her own age, like Sylvie Lushton or Pixie or Billy Kaplan
    I want this so bad.
    Billy and Nico had the opportunity to meet before and I don't like Billy as character lol so I prefer Sylvie here.

Billy and Nico need to bond over dating hot blonde cinnamon rolls aliens.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    omg. You're RIGHT.
    This whole "off the grid" lifestyle is just kind of......a weird "What, this is just how we live" thing. Like, they are getting jobs to pay for food and personal items but dodging taxes and fees for a residence etc.
    They aren't running from anything... other than responsibility? societal expectation?
    It's just what they're accustomed to, for better or worse. Going back to the early days of this thread we all speculated on what could bring the kids together, but we never really gave it thought that they might just want to be together. Even if it's bad for them, because their lifestyle is definitely not healthy. They're comfortable living in an underground hole, but will never put forward the down payment for an actual house.

These kids are not smart.

Oh, BTW I did eventually unlock some of the Runaways characters in the Avengers Academy mobile game. Wasn't able to get into the mission pack itself while it was available, but because the game is shutting down they've made it significantly easier to unlock characters. Haven't unlocked Nico, but Molly, Old Lace, and Karolina's mission dialogue was rather cute.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-31-2018 at 05:05 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.