Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yes!!! I hope this is real and we are going to get them back. Hope that if this is real they soon give more details of the creative team.
    It's from Marvel's twitter and from the look of it, that's Anka's art.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    They're back.
    Wow, Nico's looking great .

I'm guessing we'll be getting promo images like this for the rest of the team over the next few days. I'm curious to see how they'll look...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, Nico's looking great .

I'm guessing we'll be getting promo images like this for the rest of the team over the next few days. I'm curious to see how they'll look...
    .....Especially Karolina Dean/Lucy in the Sky and Molly Hayes/Princess Powerful/Bruiser.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    .....Especially Karolina Dean/Lucy in the Sky and Molly Hayes/Princess Powerful/Bruiser.
    Yes! I wonder if Molly will be aged up some, given that her TV counterpart is going to be a little older.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yes! I wonder if Molly will be aged up some, given that her TV counterpart is going to be a little older.
    Especially since Nico looks a lot older here.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Well, even if she wasn't older in the TV show, the character should logically be older in comics. She was created as a 12-year-old in 2003, and with the sliding timescale applied, she'd be around 15 now.

I notice that teaser specifically mentions her hair, which is now a lot shorter than it used to be. Of course, that's consistent with A-Force (where her hair was a similar length but not with coloured ends or bangs), and is probably a major visual indicator of her growing up.

Chase was already shown to have got rid of his floppy locks in Avengers Undercover, so I reckon they'll go with something similar to how he looked there.

Molly's maturity should instead be shown by her height and clothing, as she's not a kid any more. I wouldn't be surprised if they darken her hair though, to closer match the TV show. She should definitely still wear hats.

Karolina won't need much of a redesign. If they don't add Lightspeed to the team, they should at least explain why she isn't with Karolina - if they broke up I figure Alex Power's disappearance would have something to do with it. It's left Julie playing the Mom role to her younger siblings, like X-23 does with Gabby in All-New Wolverine.

And then there's Klara Prast. She's not in the TV show, but if she doesn't appear in the new comic it's a pretty significant continuity problem.

Finally, let's hope there's some explanation of what happened to Avengers Academy. Molly and Klara were last known to be getting home tuition provided by a robot the school gave them. But of course since then Hank Pym has sacrificed himself fighting Ultron (they ended up fused) and Tigra's only appearance since has been as part of the Resistance in Secret Empire.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And then there's Klara Prast. She's not in the TV show, but if she doesn't appear in the new comic it's a pretty significant continuity problem.
    Man, I totally forgot about Klara! It would be pretty sucky if they got rid of her with no explanation just because she's not a part of the TV show. I hope they keep her around, even if she's not gonna have a big role.

Also hoping for mentions of what happened to Victor and some mentions of Xavin, like I said on the other thread.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-22-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, even if she wasn't older in the TV show, the character should logically be older in comics. She was created as a 12-year-old in 2003, and with the sliding timescale applied, she'd be around 15 now.
    Yeah, but characters tend to be as old as whatever the writer needs them to be for story purposes. So I agree it would be logical, but that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. I would like to see her given a few years, though.

I think we're probably going to see an emphasis on the original cast, because of the TV show, which will probably lead to a reunion with Alex and Gert being brought back in some form.

But we're also probably going to need to address what happened to Victor after Vision, Klara's status, and maybe finally dealing with what happened to Xavin.

Spectacular Member

They will revive Gert: http://www.cbr.com/marvel-runaways-r...ell-kris-anka/

I think I'm out. Molly is the only one who didn't age, they will touch on a death that they shouldn't, Rowell is bad at the portrayal of POC characters... only thing that keeps me interested for this is Kris Anka's art, but even that.

BANNED

Last night, I read through the first volume of Runaways for the first time, in one sitting.

The story was brilliant, I am now in love with these characters, now being some of my Marvel favorites, and I am completely terrified for the fates that behold them, as I've heard Marvel has screwed these kids over hard in recent years. Especially since I already know what happened to Victor in Vision.

My aim is to get and read through the other volumes before the TV show comes out, though I've already been warned that it's all down hill after Vaughan leaves.

(And before anyone asks, of course I didn't read anything already posted on this thread. I'm not spoiling anything for myself.)

I would read at least the Immonen run since it does set up the coming run but also, it recovers from Moore era which many consider to be the downfall.

Whedon I kinda got what he was going for but sadly, I enjoyed the 2 crossovers with the Young Avengers more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    They will revive Gert: http://www.cbr.com/marvel-runaways-r...ell-kris-anka/

I think I'm out. Molly is the only one who didn't age, they will touch on a death that they shouldn't, Rowell is bad at the portrayal of POC characters... only thing that keeps me interested for this is Kris Anka's art, but even that.
    So No Alex?

Once again Marvel brings back a teen team (YA) and leaves the Black Guy at home

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    So No Alex?

Once again Marvel brings back a teen team (YA) and leaves the Black Guy at home
    Well, given the ending of Power Man and Iron Fist, I could understand why he wouldn't be there at the initial beginning of the relaunch, but I assume he'll show up again at some point.

He also wouldn't really fit the vibe of a "heartwarming, coming of age, reunion" that they seem to be going for here, given what he did to the team.