Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

accidental double post.

Astonishing Member

Within the Rainbow Rowell's Interview; I almost didn't pay attention to the part about bring in some familiar MU characters that have special connections to the Runaways......until now...!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Any guesses as to WHO the 2 marvel characters are that will be appearing eventually, significant to our Runaways? I mean, they've interacted with so many characters over their publishing -- Cloak & Dagger, Julie Power and those other "former" heroes, the Young Avengers, the Avengers Academy cadetes -- very briefly but still, and then of course there's Nico's time with the A-Force. Gawwwww I love this series so much I can't contain my joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Lightspeed and Singularity seem to be the most likely. Lightspeed is Karolina's girlfriend, and Singularity hasn't been seen since A-Force ended - she'd have to be with either Nico or Dazzler because She-Hulk, Captain Marvel and Medusa have all been appearing regularly in other books ever since Civil War II, but Nico was limboed until Runaways came back and Dazzler's only had cameos and what seems to be a cancelled one-shot. They already mentioned Karolina's girlfriend, just didn't name her, and why bother using that A-Force pic in issue 1 if it wouldn't have relevance later?

Cloak and Dagger have their own show coming up, so they ought to get their own book instead.
    Hmm....wellllll......I don't buy that Singularity would be "with" Nico, --since Nico was so very very alone in her apartment and her whole opening schtik was all about being alone.

Maybe she got blown up with the Alpha Flight space station during Secret Empire.

JULIE on the other hand would be a VERY welcome inclusion, but we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, Rainbow specifically said that the characters are important to INDIVIDUAL Runaways, so it has to be two people that had significant one-on-one interaction with two of the members before. I'm not entirely sure, but I guess Digifiend's guesses for Julie Power and Singularity are pretty good.
    Absolutely. Of course. This is all just my own personal bias driving my hesitation. ha ha. I never had any strong positive feelings for Singularity. Julie Power? ABSOLUTELY. But "Lil' Blue" was a non entity for me.

Heck, I'd take Gert chatting up Spider Man again over Singularity.
    The Dream? Which I fully acknowledge as being an entirely selfish Me-Me-Me thing? Nico and Billy Kaplan meet for coffee and discuss their magical insecurities etc and/or friends returning from the dead. But I'd settle for Hazmat to discuss their shared Arena trauma.
    I'd also be cool with Chase meeting up with Hank Pym -- but I'm pretty sure he's evil currently so that's out.
    I see that there's a strong feelings of support for seeing Julie/Lightspeed within the next adventure of the Runaways......and I'll admit that I like to see Singularity appearing within the series as well; since there's still some unresolved situations, due the ending of the A-FORCE Series {as well as for the facts that she hasn't been seen, much less spotted in cameos, within the HULK/SHE-HULK, ROYALS and/or CAPTAIN MARVEL series}........so this poster is keeping his fingers crossed for seeing both Julie & Singularity soon (although I also wouldn't mind seeing C & D again as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Does anyone else really want to see Molly meet Gabby Kinney?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It would be fun. I would also love Molly reuniting with Klara again and meeting Katie Power and Moon Girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How has that not already happened? Katie's sister Julie is dating Karolina, so you'd think Molly and Katie would've met back in the Academy era.

And yeah, Moon Girl would be an interesting meet up... especially because she and Gert both have dinosaurs!

Also, Kid Kaiju? And what would the Runaways think of the Champions? Especially considering their relationship with the Young Avengers?

Hmmmm............very interesting questions that maybe Ms. Rowell might hopefully answer within this series....if she choose to.

Yeah I hope Singularity shows up. I was thinking her best shot was on the Dazzler oneshot but that has been announced ages ago and it never even got a solicit.

I liked Singularity as well but I didn't like her name.

It would be interesting to see her appear in the new Runaways title.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Absolutely. Of course. This is all just my own personal bias driving my hesitation. ha ha. I never had any strong positive feelings for Singularity. Julie Power? ABSOLUTELY. But "Lil' Blue" was a non entity for me.

Heck, I'd take Gert chatting up Spider Man again over Singularity.
    The Dream? Which I fully acknowledge as being an entirely selfish Me-Me-Me thing? Nico and Billy Kaplan meet for coffee and discuss their magical insecurities etc and/or friends returning from the dead. But I'd settle for Hazmat to discuss their shared Arena trauma.
    I'd also be cool with Chase meeting up with Hank Pym -- but I'm pretty sure he's evil currently so that's out.
    Yeah this. I want Hazmat and Lightspeed.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Am I the only thing who still feels like the Amy character could have been never used as she was never in the comics and we still could have the friends who aren’t really friends cause they are just kids who’s parents just hangout once a year.

Also If Amy was such a prominent character in their life why isn’t she in the group photo Alex sent it’s the 6 of them, unless I’m confusing Nico with Amy in that pic. Shouldn’t there be all 7 of them regardless in that pic?
    I think Amy was added to make it so that the group could have a reason to split up despite being so tightly knight - while adding some pretty heavy drama all around. spoilers:
    I'm pretty sure she was a Pride sacrifice, so that's pretty fucked up.
    end of spoilers

As for why she isn't in the photo - she probably TOOK it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I'd love for Singularity & Lightspeed to make appearances and address their respective relationships with Nico & Karolina. Hazmat would be cool too as a means of addressing the traumatic Avengers Arena.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'd love for Singularity & Lightspeed to make appearances and address their respective relationships with Nico & Karolina. Hazmat would be cool too as a means of addressing the traumatic Avengers Arena.
    .....And don't forget the posibility of having Laura AKA X-23 AKA Wolverine; since she's also one of the Teen Heroes who unfortunately was involved in the AVENGERS ARENA Series.

Astonishing Member

Today's CBR.Com's Article continues the discussion on the RUNAWAYS TV Series; with the focus being about Old Lace......And said Article can be read here.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 11-29-2017 at 10:39 PM.

BANNED

So four episodes in...and I'm fairly sure the kids aren't ever actually going to runaway in this. "Runaways" is just gonna keep on referring to those that The Pride sacrifice. This is still a very well made show, but the most recent episode is really making me call into question whether the writers have any actual interest in the comic story at all.

Incredible Member

It feels like after they did the first episode, Hulu decided to make this there flagship program and put more focus on The Pride to bring in a wider audience. It bothers the heck out me because what I like about the Runaways is how the perspective is mainly on the teens which are what I like in comics.

I'm totally cool with them not running yet. Personally, I find it believable that they aren't. Yet, anyway.
    I really appreciate all the mysteries they've set up thus far. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they delay any "running" until the last 3 episodes, if not the season finale, honestly.

Speaking of, I'll spoiler tag for this I suppose in case folks aren't current and/or watching -- Do y'all suspect that perhaps spoilers:
    the mysterious been-in-the-bath-so-long-I'm-peeling-man Leslie is so concerned about is Karolina's ACTUAL father?? I mean, I feel like the show is/was doing a solid of job of making viewers suspect its the long-thought-dead-Grandfather, but.....after that last episode, with Leslie disrobing and joining him in bed, I GOTTA question THEIR relationship.
    end of spoilers

Also, I'm loving the handling of Old Lace thus far.

Lastly, are folks following Rainbow and Kris on twitter / instagram etc because they keep posting works-in-progress-peeks of art and it just gets me more and more hyped.
    Its SOOOOOOOOO amazing to have the Runaways back and to have this FIRE inside me again for comics in a way that's been absent for so long. The anticipation of each issue is off the charts.

GASP EDIT:

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/runaways...marvel-hulu/2/

BEWARE. Some spoilers for the show lie within.
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-30-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

GASP EDIT:

spoilers:
    I am SO confused at the ''no magic'' rule Savage stated Marvel Television has. That makes NO sense. Some of the stuff that has been done on Netflix and Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. cannot be explained by just science or technology. I mean, The Hand? K'un-Lun and Shou-Lao? Ghost Rider and the Spirit Of Vengeance? I DARE you tell me that wasn't mystical. So yeah, I'm really disappointed at this sci-fi approach they seem to be taking with Nico and the Staff Of One. Taking magic away from Nico is just wrong. I'll take the Staff coming from another world, but it better be a mystical world. If this was really a rule that was established for Runaways, Marvel should drop it RIGHT NOW, 'cause it's bull.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So four episodes in...and I'm fairly sure the kids aren't ever actually going to runaway in this. "Runaways" is just gonna keep on referring to those that The Pride sacrifice. This is still a very well made show, but the most recent episode is really making me call into question whether the writers have any actual interest in the comic story at all.
    Part of me hopes they don't follow the books. There are certain thing which happen down the line which I'm not entirely looking forward to seeing. Not that I didn't love the book.

BANNED

Lastly, are folks following Rainbow and Kris on twitter / instagram etc because they keep posting works-in-progress-peeks of art and it just gets me more and more hyped.
    Its SOOOOOOOOO amazing to have the Runaways back and to have this FIRE inside me again for comics in a way that's been absent for so long. The anticipation of each issue is off the charts.
    I do follow them. The art for the reunion with Molly is just delightful.

GASP EDIT:

Good lord that's dumb.

And wait, if magic is banned, does that mean no vampires or gods either?!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Part of me hopes they don't follow the books. There are certain thing which happen down the line which I'm not entirely looking forward to seeing. Not that I didn't love the book.
    For me, since well before the show started, one of my biggest hopes was getting to see Alex's betrayal. Simply because...well, you never see that on TV! The main character turns out to have been evil all along and dies at the end of the first season? That just doesn't happen! At this point I highly doubt they're going that route though and that's disappointing.