Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Simple. Rather than being a Super-Skrull in training, Xavin is just an"enhanced" Skrull or something. Especially in a loose adaptation like this is shaping up to be, I don't think anyone's gonna be too mad is we don't get to see Xavin use all of the FF's powers.
    They probably don't have the budget for one character with the full FF powerset.

Xavin's complex inclusion seems.....more challenging for that whole grounded angle they're trying to achieve.

That being said.... I have watched every episode released thus far 4 times. I am looooooving this show so much.

A more "grounded" version of Xavin would probably be a transgender member of the cult who gets experimented on and thus gets shape-shifting powers and when The Pride try to do further testing on it the Runaways steal Xavin away.

Incredible Member

What about Victor? They could probably replace Ultron's role with an LMD.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I didn't see anything in the show contradicting the idea that spoilers:
    Karolina could be an alien. Or even the possibility that the Yorkes came from the future, although I suspect they're trapped here.
    end of spoilers

These spoiler tags are getting annoying.
    I think that it's pretty clear that Karolina is at least half alien. Her mom can do the light thing which means it was hereditary.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Could even say someone made him for his mom using remainders of stray Ultron tech since this is technically in the mcu.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I wonder how difficult it would be to get James Spader in for an Ultron cameo, if only via his voice...

Granted, I could see why they would want to give Victor a more standalone origin rather then something that would be reliant on MCU continuity.

Question: does this show take place in the same universe as the Marvel Netflix shows and the MCU movies?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Question: does this show take place in the same universe as the Marvel Netflix shows and the MCU movies?
    You couldn't tell watching the show. But show creators say it does ... but they don't want to acknowledge other metas because they want the characters feel like they're the only ones going through this.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think it's fair to say that it officially does, but the show's creators don't care much one way or the other. They'll honor Marvel's official policy of a shared universe, but they need not push it much further. Aside from Cloak and Dagger and a few random references, it's not like the original run was very connected either. In fact, the idea that they were on their own is a huge part of the story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it's fair to say that it officially does, but the show's creators don't care much one way or the other. They'll honor Marvel's official policy of a shared universe, but they need not push it much further. Aside from Cloak and Dagger and a few random references, it's not like the original run was very connected either. In fact, the idea that they were on their own is a huge part of the story.
    Really, just being outside downtown New York essentially removes you from 90% of the MU. Really I think the most we can expect is a few easter eggs just for the sake of having a few easter eggs.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Simple. Rather than being a Super-Skrull in training, Xavin is just an"enhanced" Skrull or something. Especially in a loose adaptation like this is shaping up to be, I don't think anyone's gonna be too mad is we don't get to see Xavin use all of the FF's powers.
    That's my thinking as well. I take regular Skrull Xavin over no Xavin at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Xavin's complex inclusion seems.....more challenging for that whole grounded angle they're trying to achieve.
    Yeah, there's that. At this point, I fear this might be the one thing that would keep Xavin away from the show. I guess we'll know how inclined they are to explore this story when we learn more about Karolina's origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    A more "grounded" version of Xavin would probably be a transgender member of the cult who gets experimented on and thus gets shape-shifting powers and when The Pride try to do further testing on it the Runaways steal Xavin away.
    While this sounds pretty cool and a transgender representation would be more than welcome, I would miss the genderfluid aspect of the character, as it was the one thing I thought made her unique and special in her own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Honestly, I think Ultron being Victor's father is still doable in the MCU. They just need to tell us Victor's mom found Ultron while he was still active back in 2015 and he helped her create Victor. Maybe they could even get a James Spader cameo for a flashback. I guess they could also say Ultron came back somehow, but that would be a lot more complicated to do because of the implications it would have in the larger MCU, so I'm not sure they'd be allowed to bring back such a major movie villain. Or, of course, just do something completely unrelated and go with the LMD explanation. That'd be a lot less cool, though.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-02-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Such a good series, i love it
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Fantastic Member

I think the show is excellent.

Strangely, after 5 eps, I find myself empathizing with Chase's dad. I'm not excusing abuse, but when I'm under stress I sometimes say and do things I later regret. (I've never hit anybody though.)

Has anyone else experienced any issues find the show on Hulu? I looked for it today and for some reason it's not coming up at all. It's as if it was removed.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I think the show is excellent.

Strangely, after 5 eps, I find myself empathizing with Chase's dad. I'm not excusing abuse, but when I'm under stress I sometimes say and do things I later regret. (I've never hit anybody though.)
    I think the more we see of the parents, the more we can empathize with them despite them all essentially being terrible human beings. It's what the show does better than the comic ... showcasing the family dynamic. The oarents roles are arguably just as important as the kids, at least up to this point.

I do wonder if they will end up taking Alex in a different direction than in the comics, after seeing his reaction to his parents actions.