Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I also think those are supposed to be her parents. And the glowing eye thing must be a reference to their mutant powers. Don't Molly's eyes get like that when she uses her powers?
    Yes. Exactly.
    MY concern is the span of time in which their relationship (the parents) with one another seems to cross. I struggle to fully accept they were child hood friends (that Christmas photo?) and I'm now left to wonder one of two options:
    1) Creepy incest children. Molly Lannister????
    2) Grandma's got a yin for "making" (are her parents some kind of test tube wonders???) herself some mutant penguins (mate for life) and perhaps THAT is Grandmammy's plan for Miss Molly and THAT is who is in the BASEMENT asking when they get to meet Molly (her intended mate-for-life-mutant-penguin) ???????
    Victor's bodiless head is adorable and hilarious, btw.
    Yes. WHY (is my question) is Victor playing possum? He's clearly conscious and observing things so what is the deal with him not piping up and making his being conscious known, I wonder??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes. WHY (is my question) is Victor playing possum? He's clearly conscious and observing things so what is the deal with him not piping up and making his being conscious known, I wonder??
    Because he/his head was recently (re-)activated by Chase {of course Chase doesn't realize that he was semi-successful} within RUNAWAYS #3; especially after his 'death' within VISION #11 and thus the Previews {for Issue #4} are showing his recent reactions a few minutes/hours after Nico, Gert, Chase and Old Lace visited Karolina.

Also, he's basically back to factory settings, so he's the evil Victorious now. He doesn't want them to be aware of a threat.

Incredible Member

I may just be paranoid but I hope they aren’t going to retcon molly as no longer a mutant so it matches the show or soemthing. For some reason the blood samples and such made me worried they’d do soemthing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, he's basically back to factory settings, so he's the evil Victorious now. He doesn't want them to be aware of a threat.
    Oooooh, I didn't think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I may just be paranoid but I hope they aren’t going to retcon molly as no longer a mutant so it matches the show or soemthing. For some reason the blood samples and such made me worried they’d do soemthing like that.
    Oooooh, I didn't think of that.

-Pav, who is excited that he's excited about Runaways again...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Without going into any spoilages; RUNAWAYS #4 is another definitely a "Must-Read"; with plenty of surprizes and not just focused on just Molly.

Ms. Rowell and Mr. Anka has done it again with Issue #4......!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Without going into any spoilages; RUNAWAYS #4 is another definitely a "Must-Read"; with plenty of surprizes and not just focused on just Molly.

Ms. Rowell and Mr. Anka has done it again with Issue #4......!!
    Agreed! I wouldn't say it's another massive step-up in quality like the last few have been, but it's still on the same level as issue 3, which is to say, it's absolutely brilliant.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Aww, Victor... He never could let Molly down, though.

It looks more and more like spoilers:
    Grandma Hayes either created Molly's dad or brainwashed him into being here? I wonder if Molly is even a mutant? Wouldn't put it past Pre-Fox deal Marvel to put that retcon in. Also, Gert!
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Aww, Victor... He never could let Molly down, though.
    spoilers:
    So we've got all the Runaways alive! Now we just need to get the last two accounted for.
    end of spoilers

I do like that Nico comments on her failure to keep the team following the "Try Not to Die" battle cry.

Also, spoilers:
    Chase has powers? The Hell?
    end of spoilers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    spoilers:
    So we've got all the Runaways alive! Now we just need to get the last two accounted for.
    end of spoilers
    Well, we don't actually know what Xavin's status is. She was pretty much going off to be executed last time we saw her... and I don't think we'll be seeing Klara. It was Gert's idea to get the band back together and that failed, and even if it hadn't, Klara never was a part of HER band. Plus the cliffhanger.

I do like that Nico comments on her failure to keep the team following the "Try Not to Die" battle cry.
    This was my favorite part of the issue I think.

Also, spoilers:
    Chase has powers? The Hell?
    end of spoilers
    Looking at the show I think his super-intellect is going to count as a power. Also, spoilers:
    I don't think it's right to say Gert has no powers. The telepathic rapport with her and Lace should be enough, especially given that she could transfer it to someone else... and take it back.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I stand by my guess 2 days ago, I was hoping I’d be wrong but this issue only hinted more that I’m right I think?

Not sure how I feel about that Chase revelation yet, need to see how it plays out.

Glad they established Molly’s age as being in 7th so that does put her in the 12/13 range so no confusion

Hopefully Gert gets happier soon, Nico as well! Don’t like one of my favorite teams so sad

Victor is on a path of self discovery and I can’t wait to see where it leads

BANNED

So...did no one catch this?

anka.jpg

Cause that's pretty big!

Just echoing:

Another awesome issue! I can't believe how good this creative team is at resurrecting the tone of the original series without merely copying it. These characters are alive and vibrant again!

Molly's grandmother certainly is interesting, and you can tell this creative team is nailing it because I'm not nervous at all about what gets added to their back stories - Molly's, specifically. If she's a weird clone or something, hey - I'm cool. Because this is definitely Molly Hayes, back in action, and that's all that matters!

Her interaction with Victor was great, for sure.

Can't wait to see what comes next!

-Pav, who also loved today's issue of Scarlet Spider...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

If Molly's not a clone, she seems to be the offspring of an incestuous relationship.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So...did no one catch this?

anka.jpg

Cause that's pretty big!
    Yep, I'm officially waiting for Xavin to appear now. Kris Anka better not be playing with my emotions!