Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    She did believe him but she was angry anyways, because of his attitude, the stress of being in a death match, the disappointment of losing their new allies and their only source of food. It was just too much.

In my opinion one of Hopeless' biggest strenghts is believable character moments and interactions, that Nico&Chase moment included. It might seem out of character for Nico. But it's an impossibly hard situation for everyone to be in.
    After a long hard think and a bit of reading Undercover, I kind of agree with you. The entire point of Arena was bringing out completely new sides to characters. Not a fan of what he did with Nico in Undercover, though.

Astonishing Member

Thanks to Today's April's Solicts for Marvel Comics.......RUNAWAYS #8 will be a must-read Issue of the series; with the Following "Quote" reminding the readers why.......

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    If Julie appeared in places and was prominent, I wouldn't want them to seperate but at this point she is barely a background character so I want Karolina to be with Nico......
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, I think that's a good point. She and Nico are both mainstay Runaways, so we're not just gonna see them together once in a blue moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    It would've been nice to add Julie to the Runaways roster instead of just having her be mentioned. Maybe in the upcoming issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I think she'll appear, but it seems rather unlikely that she'll join the team.
    I hope the comic doesn't just feature Julie to break her up with Karolina and tease the Nico relationship again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Likewise. I'd like to actually see Karolina and Julie have a relationship before we see them have a break-up.

......Looks like Issue #8 will reveal the Julie/Karolina relationship (and more....!!).......

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    YAAAAAAAY!! Love the rainbow girls together!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Because this damn book means SO MUCH to me, every time I hear/read Rainbow say stuff about "Before we knew we'd get a second arc" and any/all uncertainty related to longevity just puts me in full cautionary cat mode:

Followed immediately by my scouring the internet for information and/or instruction on how to make this GD book thrive. I pride myself on accepting the conclusion of so many books I love and appreciating them for the period they lasted but I need SO. MUCH. MOAR. of this GD book!

I'm such a terrible waste of humanity that if I had some kind of unmitigated financial capabilities, I'd fully support the production of this book for years and years. I mean, at what point do we just all preemptively start a GO FUND ME page for Runaways???
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I got a nice surprise while reading Avengers Academy, I didn't know they had a crossover. I thought I read all the Runaways tie-ins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's the start of Karolina's relationship with Julie Power.

At the end of that crossover, Molly and Klara are given a robot teacher (probably one of Jocasta's duplicate bodies, we never saw it) for home schooling, with lessons being mandatory for those two and voluntary for the others. By Infinity: The Hunt, though, Molly is apparently attending classes on campus, she cameos in a crowd scene. Klara didn't appear there and hasn't since, so she could have already been put into fostering by then. Since Avengers Academy was destroyed in The Hunt, and it takes place during Avengers Undercover which featured Nico and Chase, that was the end of the Runaways, until the current series. The team ended up down to just Karolina and Molly, which would be why they went to where we re-met them.
    Thank you, Digifiend & Assam, for filling in the gaps......for that'll make the upcoming appearance for Julie Power {as hinted by the #8 Issue's Cover} even more enjoyable to look forward to.
    ]

Yes, I was impressed with Today's Issue {#5}.......especially with spoilers:
    the special connection with the Runaways and the Avengers; thanks to Julie's help in reuniting Karolina with Nico {and history almost repeating itself with the two}. Plus the readers are reminded once more about Molly's intelligence, in addition to the Gang being back together again
    end of spoilers

And speaking of Molly; there's a special appearance made within X-MEN: BLUE #19 and it would only make sense if you've previous read the X:MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM Crossover.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    .....Well, here's another attempt of the latest upcoming Image of the Cover for Issue #8.......

http://pic.twitter.com/pH2Pnkf7VX

PS......And I bet most of you can't wait for the entire Image.......
    .....And if you've already seen it; it was truly indeed worth it....!!

....Remember......That's RUNAWAYS #8.

Thanks to Today's April's Solicts for Marvel Comics.......RUNAWAYS #8 will be a must-read Issue of the series; with the Following "Quote" reminding the readers why.......

......Looks like Issue #8 will reveal the Julie/Karolina relationship (and more....!!).......

]

.....And if you've already seen it; it was truly indeed worth it....!!

....Remember......That's RUNAWAYS #8.
    I saw the solicits and was like, "Our wish has been granted!"

I'm not quite sure about Julie joining the team. I mean, the main point of the original team is they didn't really have anywhere to go. They were just what the title said they were. Runaways. And really all the later recruits were too. I suppose that doesn't apply to many characters now, but Julie's been on a number of somewhat popular straight-up superhero teams like Academy and the New Warriors. But the thing to me is the Runaways were never really a superhero team, at least to me, even though they did do some crime-fighting. It was always more about the team itself than some huge struggle against Thanos or something. I'm definitely willing to give her a shot, but I just really don't want to see the Runaways to become just the next teen superhero team. (Which sounds ridiculously far fetched, but I hope some of you understand what I'm getting at here.)

I wonder when Alex is gonna appear.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    I'm not quite sure about Julie joining the team. I mean, the main point of the original team is they didn't really have anywhere to go. They were just what the title said they were. Runaways. And really all the later recruits were too. I suppose that doesn't apply to many characters now, but Julie's been on a number of somewhat popular straight-up superhero teams like Academy and the New Warriors. But the thing to me is the Runaways were never really a superhero team, at least to me, even though they did do some crime-fighting. It was always more about the team itself than some huge struggle against Thanos or something. I'm definitely willing to give her a shot, but I just really don't want to see the Runaways to become just the next teen superhero team. (Which sounds ridiculously far fetched, but I hope some of you understand what I'm getting at here.)
    Just a minor correction, but Julie was never in the New Warriors (that was just Alex although he did "borrow" her powers when he was Power Pax and later Power House!)

Personally, I'm excited to see Julie in the title though.

Cheers.

James.

I'm also excited to see Julie. I want to see more of Karolina and Julie together. Wonder who will be the villain the Runaways will face. An old enemy of Power Pack perhaps?

I think Julie will bring a nice and unique perspective to the team as someone who's come from "the establishment." Even though Nico has had her turn at the same thing, Julie grew up in it. She'll bring a nice spot of adult positiveness on this team. I don't suspect she'll get along all that well with the team's more morose nature (especially Gert's), and it will cause Karolina to sorta be stuck in the middle.

Astonishing Member

Which Alex are you talking about.....??? Alex Power {who Julie's older brother, Former member of the New Warriors and a member of the Future Foundation..??} or Alex Wilder {Traitor to the Runaways, was resurrected and was involved within the AVENGER UNDERCOVER Series and was last seen within the recent POWER MAN & IRON FIST Series}.....???

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Just a minor correction, but Julie was never in the New Warriors (that was just Alex although he did "borrow" her powers when he was Power Pax and later Power House!)

I think Julie will bring a nice and unique perspective to the team as someone who's come from "the establishment." Even though Nico has had her turn at the same thing, Julie grew up in it. She'll bring a nice spot of adult positiveness on this team. I don't suspect she'll get along all that well with the team's more morose nature (especially Gert's), and it will cause Karolina to sorta be stuck in the middle.
    It will be a unique position for Miss Power to face {especially with spending time with Karolina}; but then she's not the type to avoid difficult situations, especially since she grew up with a very annoying brother {Jack/Mass Master}.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I wonder IF he's gonna appear at all.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post

Cheers.

James.
    Ah, sorry. Mixed up the names in my mind probably because I've been reading New Warriors Vol. 4

Honestly thinking if he does, he'll at the most appear as a reluctant enemy to the Runaways because they won't let him be. I doubt he'd go after them himself. Based on the happenings in Undercover he doesn't really even seem too thrilled to leave Nico, let alone attack her. Getting Nico back and possibly trying to twist her to her darker side could be an end goal of his, though. Though I think he'd know better than to try to convert her.

Which Alex are you talking about.....??? Alex Power {who Julie's older brother, Former member of the New Warriors and a member of the Future Foundation..??} or Alex Wilder {Traitor to the Runaways, was resurrected and was involved within the AVENGER UNDERCOVER Series and was last seen within the recent POWER MAN & IRON FIST Series}.....???

It will be a unique position for Miss Power to face {especially with spending time with Karolina}; but then she's not the type to avoid difficult situations, especially since she grew up with a very annoying brother {Jack/Mass Master}.
    Wilder, I knew he made a recent appearance in PM&IF and was wondering if the writers were gonna stir things up again with his character.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wonder IF he's gonna appear at all.
    I hope he does, I need all of them to face each other again.

Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    Honestly thinking if he does, he'll at the most appear as a reluctant enemy to the Runaways because they won't let him be. I doubt he'd go after them himself. Based on the happenings in Undercover he doesn't really even seem too thrilled to leave Nico, let alone attack her. Getting Nico back and possibly trying to twist her to her darker side could be an end goal of his, though. Though I think he'd know better than to try to convert her.
    Yeah I felt the same when I read Undercover, it was nice to see. The latter part of your comment sounds like an interesting premise as well, I just hope he shows up.

I hope he does, I need all of them to face each other again.

Yeah I felt the same when I read Undercover, it was nice to see. The latter part of your comment sounds like an interesting premise as well, I just hope he shows up.
    I really hope he appears as well! I've kind of grown to love the character over time even though when he was part of the team I hated him as I called him being the traitor as soon as they found out there was one. I think Alex might even try to help the gang tbh.