Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I'm just curious, how's the Runaways show, is it worth watching? How does it compare to stuff like AoS and the Netflix shows?
    As an adaptation: It's horrible and is only barely recognizable as Runaways, and even that it only thanks to some of the base surface level elements of the characters being so unique. Based on how the season ended, it looks like season 2 may be more loyal, but as it stands, its adaptational merits are no higher than the likes of Dragon Ball Evolution and The Last Airbender in my eyes.

As a TV Show: Fortunately, on its own, the show is nowhere near as bad the aforementioned movies. Unfortunately, I still don't think it's good. It starts off great and the first couple episodes definitely had me hooked, despite all the changes. However, after episode 5, the show takes a massive nosedive in quality. While the first half of the season feels like its building up to something and the excitement you get allows you to overlook some of the show's flaws, episodes 6-9 abandon all that momentum, the show just spinning its wheels for four episodes as all the problems from the first 5 become amplified tenfold and a host of new problems are introduced. By the time I got to episode 9, I was forcing myself to watch it and episode 10, despite some nice fanservice moments, is probably the worst of them all.

Compared to the Other Shows: I haven't watched Agents of Shield, it's no where near as good as Luke Cage, Punisher and Jessica Jones, it's not as good as Daredevil, it's a bit better than Defenders and, like getting punched really hard in the face, it's better than Iron Fist.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really enjoyed. The kids do a terrific work with the characterizations, the parents got more focus and development than in the comics (which was needed for the show as in the comics the only ones that had some development were Alex and Chase dads). And as always Stan Lee's cameo is epic.

My only complaint, that is the same for many others, is how they adressed the Staff of One's origins.
    Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. I don't have Hulu, so I have to watch the DVD's when they come out.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Preview for the 2nd arc: https://www.cbr.com/runaways-7-2/

Aaaaaaaaaaaand according to Rainbow, via twitter, she and Kris are working on the THIRD ARC NOW!

PRAISE BE TO MARVEL!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Aaaaaaaaaaaand according to Rainbow, via twitter, she and Kris are working on the THIRD ARC NOW!

PRAISE BE TO MARVEL!
    Finally some good news after the lackluster announcements of "fresh" start. Good to see that Runaways will continue. And preview looks really nice ^^

BANNED

PRAISE BE TO MARVEL!
    Yay one of the books I'm really enjoying is here to stay. At least for a while longer. Fully expecting Alex, Xavin and maybe Klara to show up in future issues. Now that they're mostly all together again, I cannot wait to see where it goes next!!

Molly has a good point there.
    spoilers:
    Chase and Nico are legal adults (as is Karolina) so why CAN'T they become Molly's legal guardians? Do they have evidence that Granny is evil and therefore she can't go back there?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

PRAISE BE TO MARVEL!
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Yay one of the books I'm really enjoying is here to stay. At least for a while longer. Fully expecting Alex, Xavin and maybe Klara to show up in future issues. Now that they're mostly all together again, I cannot wait to see where it goes next!!

This cover was hilarious .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Molly has a good point there.
    spoilers:
    Chase and Nico are legal adults (as is Karolina) so why CAN'T they become Molly's legal guardians? Do they have evidence that Granny is evil and therefore she can't go back there?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Technically it is possible but even if they get some evidence that Granny is evil I do not think there are many judges who would give custody of a child to any of them considering all that they have been involved in the last few years. On the other hand Molly is a mutant and no one cares about mutants.
    end of spoilers

Regarding the question of Molly's "Good point":

spoilers:
    There is no way a court would allow either of them to be her LEGAL guardian without steady jobs, income, suitable living conditions, and a background check that dazzles. Which is likely why Chase is petitioning Nico to MAGIC it so
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Are those feels I'm feeling and a big smile on my face? Yup, must be Rowell's Runaways!

PRAISE BE TO MARVEL!
    YAAAAAAAS! Amazing news! Pre-Orders for the first trade must have been pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Finally some good news after the lackluster announcements of "fresh" start.
    I feel that.

PRAISE BE TO MARVEL!
    Good to hear; I'd heard a rumor online that the series was being canceled. Still haven't had a chance to read it, with the first trade a month away.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

PRAISE BE TO MARVEL!
    YASSSSSSS THANK YOU GOD OF RENEWAL! NOT TODAY, DEMON OF CANCELLATION, NOT TODAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    YASSSSSSS THANK YOU GOD OF RENEWAL! NOT TODAY, DEMON OF CANCELLATION, NOT TODAY!

Yaaasss!! Great news!!

Y'all who're loving and reading, send Marvel those "okay to print" letters to show support and possibly get yerselves printed in the back of the book.

I was blessed to make the cut, and so too should all of you! Go forth my brothers and sisters! Spread the word of RowAnkell!

Its RUN DAY y'all.

Humbly requesting: if/when folks discuss today's issue, please use the spoiler tags for we few who won't have issue-access for another 9 or so hours and want to remain pure upon reading.

Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by Fokken; 03-21-2018 at 05:31 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The issue was good. Very good, in fact. But...

spoilers:
    I don't like that this arc is once again set up to revolve around Molly. Give us some stuff for the others to do.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey