Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Good to hear; I'd heard a rumor online that the series was being canceled. Still haven't had a chance to read it, with the first trade a month away.
    I ilke how amazing Ms. Raibow has gotten Julie's voice within the Issue.

Today's issue was amazing. I think it might have been my favorite yet. I think it's really amazing how much focus Rowell can give to every single character on the same issue. The Karol and Nico scenes(I highkey wish Karonico was the shipname) are so adorable. And Molly too. That ending though... I guess no one in her life is ever up to any good lol.

The new issue was fun and heartwarming in all the right ways.

I really loved this week's issue. I'm really glad that the series is going to continue

What do they mean, Molly's never had a BFF before? Klara Prast?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Everyone's pretty much said what I thought. This was yet another incredible issue that balanced the characters perfectly, giving them all interesting, fun and sometimes depressing things to do with the perfect characterization we've come to expect from Rowell.

Also, we've all been praising Anka, but I genuinely cannot remember the last time I loved the art on a book this much!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A bit annoying at first, but I see it as Rowell meaning a BFF who wasn't one of the Runaways.

If Rowell had shown zero intention of using her I'd be with you but...

https://twitter.com/rainbowrowell/st...80744256380928
    https://twitter.com/rainbowrowell/st...83100666765313

She knows what we want and she knows what she's doing. (read both threads)

Anyone get the feeling Julie-Karolina is the hinted relationship going down? In favor for Karonico?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Anyone get the feeling Julie-Karolina is the hinted relationship going down? In favor for Karonico?
    I think that's exactly what's happening. It's the beginning of a love triangle. Though I think ultimately Karonico wouldn't work.

I really hope that doesn't happen because it would be like in Rivera's America after that forced break up of issue 1

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really hope that doesn't happen because it would be like in Rivera's America after that forced break up of issue 1
    I definitely think that it's going to happen and if they can make it natural, which I trust Rowell to do, I'm looking forward to it. I thought it was kind of a cliche to pair both of the rainbow lesbians together, yea?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

I kind of love how they are handling Old Lace, in this book. It's amazing how much character the artist can wring from the dinosaurs limited facial expressions and reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    The issue was good. Very good, in fact. But...

spoilers:
    I don't like that this arc is once again set up to revolve around Molly. Give us some stuff for the others to do.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Although the obstacle -- villain(??) -- of this arc certainly centers on Molly, the permeating subplots actually have me MORE intrigued than the BFF conundrum. The ever encroaching Nicolina dance and the inevitable emotional maelstrom on deck once Julie lightspeeds into this "family reunion". And can we TALK about the TENSION building between Miss Yorkes and Mister Mancha??? No but seriously, am I flying solo on this subtext express over here???
    end of spoilers

It says it's a fan-favorite relationship though, can Julie-Karolina relate?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That's a completely ridiculous comparison. You're using the word "forced" randomly here. Rivera broke up America and her gf on a couple of pages for the most stupid reason ever("I'm a teleporter, but I'm gonna break up with my gf cause she doesn't wanna move out".......). Karolina and Nico's relationship has been building up for 6+ issues now... And like, forever, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It says it's a fan-favorite relationship though, can Julie-Karolina relate?

That's a completely ridiculous comparison. You're using the word "forced" randomly here. Rivera broke up America and her gf on a couple of pages for the most stupid reason ever("I'm a teleporter, but I'm gonna break up with my gf cause she doesn't wanna move out".......). Karolina and Nico's relationship has been building up for 6+ issues now... And like, forever, in a way.
    I meant that the break up in America's series was extremely forced and out of character, because as you said, she is a goddammed teleporter, she could keep up a long distance relationship. I'm not using forced as something random when refering to the America/Lisa break up, because it was freaking forced by the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Was this not explicitly explained in the issue though?
    Quote:
    The other Runaways are more than just friends ... which makes them sort of less than friends too
    No need for anger. That exposition rings very true.