Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Further proof to my previous post...

https://www.playdomforums.com/showth...03#post2830003

Yep! Runaways Special Ops! Victor and Chase in the game. All rounding out.

Shower thought: Marvel and the new creative team seem to be missing the point/theme of Runaways.

A recurring theme in the original series (Vol 1 & 2 at least) is the family ties. The original six rebelled against their parents while still acknowledging their kinship. Alex plotted and schemed to validate himself in the eyes of their parents. Even Gibborim was trying to turn the Earth into New Eden for the Father/God. It's the same with the new members. Ultron is the dad of Victor Mancha. Not sure how family works for Skrulls, but Xavin abandoned his people. Even Klara was running away from her husband.

Now in Secret Wars they are running away from an institution? And what emotion weight does it have for discovering their headmaster is evil?

Still going to be reading it though. I'm a sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by CartooN View Post
    I dont think the Arena/Academy/Undercover writers ever truly understood the runaways. While I still enjoyed those three series, like you said, they just came over as annoying brats. The Runaways are far stronger than those writers ever portrayed them.
    I don't think the Marvel editorial truly understood Runaways. I think that there must be some talented writer out there that was a fan of BKV's and Whedon's take on these characters, because they'd be honestly be a breeze of fresh air in the Marvel Universe right now. And by that I mean the Runaways that left home to fight their evil parents supervillain group, not whatever Marvel is cooking about Runaways running away of an institution or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    I don't think the Marvel editorial truly understood Runaways. I think that there must be some talented writer out there that was a fan of BKV's and Whedon's take on these characters, because they'd be honestly be a breeze of fresh air in the Marvel Universe right now. And by that I mean the Runaways that left home to fight their evil parents supervillain group, not whatever Marvel is cooking about Runaways running away of an institution or something.
    Hmm, who would I pick to write a book about teenagers on the run from something?

Honestly, I can't think of anyone. Maybe they could get someone from Disney who likes writing animation?

All I know is that I'd like to see real Runaways back:

Karolina
    Chase
    Victor
    Nico
    Molly

I'd also like to see Xavin join the group permanently. I think a Super-Skrull adds a very different dimension to the team.

I stopped reading after volume 2 with BKV and AA. Even with one of my favourite creators (Joss Whedon) on the book, I didn't buy the new stuff because I disliked the art.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

What does everyone think of the Secret Wars version of The Runaways? The line-up is decent, but nothing too special. I like Skaar and a teenage Winter Soldier is cool I guess. I would have preferred if each of the characters were from a different universe though. I would like to see a team consisting of:

-Molly Hayes (616)
    -Miles Morales (Ultimate)
    -Virginia Dare (1602)
    -Lyra She-Hulk (whichever universe she is from)
    -Azari (Next Avengers)

I would like to add more characters, but I can't think of any alternate teen characters. Thoughts? Suggestions?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I thought Val was a member, but now I am thinking is she the evil headmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I thought Val was a member, but now I am thinking is she the evil headmaster?
    I'm not sure if Val is going to appear in this series, but it would be nice if she did I guess. I don't know who the headmaster is; I thought it might be Arcade, but with him being in the Killiseum, I'm not so sure now.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I think it would be cool if it was similar to the original Runaway series with Molly turning out to be a mole and the teachers and head were the original Runaways cast (Alex as head with nico, chase, Gertrude etc as teachers)

The new preview does have me more intrigued. The art could be better, but I do think it works for the most part. I am interested in reading about this new version of Skaar. I also like seeing him and Cho as buddies.

So... what are they doing with All-New All-Different Nico? Now she looks like some character from Japanese folk lore setting animation.

Nico is joining Marvel Future Fight next update!

I guess this is the first time we see her in 3D.

Most of the Runaways are now playable in Marvel Avengers facebook game (I just got Victor)
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

Exclamation

Some interesting things regarding the Runaways, but first....

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    So... what are they doing with All-New All-Different Nico? Now she looks like some character from Japanese folk lore setting animation.
    ....And most everybody already know, this week's release of A-FORCE #5 brings the Miniseries' tie-in to SECRET WARS toward its conclusion with the fate of Arcadia hanging in the balance.

Anyway, in addition to this Miniseries' Finale; spoilers:
    Among the fighters (against the threat cause by She-Loki) were Karolina/Lucy in the Sky, Molly/Princess Powerful/Bruiser and (and this surprised this Poster the most) Gertrude Stein/Arsenic riding on Old Lace{her dinosaur}
    end of spoilers....!!

JIC you wished to know (and preferred this instead of the SW version of RUNAWAYS).

Wilson can't write a team book. Nico didn't cast one spell in the big fight. And everyone is grouped according to theme and throwing awful banter at each other. Quoting New Avengers #1:

"Banter is All!"
    "Shut up."