Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

So... although I had heard high praise, I never read any Runaways. I really just didn't think it would be up my alley... Boy was I wrong! On a whim, I decided to get the TPBs for the first volume, and I'm glad I did! I couldn't put it down, so consider me officially on the bandwagon.

Brother Toasty Cakes, DeviantArt

Astonishing Member

Man oh man........hard to believe that it's been nearly a year since there's been any activity on this particular Thread; especially in lieu of the numerous News and various appearances of some of the former members......

Anyway, this really should've been back with the recent happennings of what occurred during THE VISION #11.

Nonetheless, the Runaways Appreciation Thread is (hopefully) back in action; due the recent News (from Today's NYCC) about an "Ex-Member" from the original Team returning to appear within the POWER MAN & IRON FIST Series (starting in Issue #10).

Also.....keep on seeing Nico/Sister Grimm within the A-FORCE Series {so far}......

Glad to see Alex is officially back in action.

BANNED

meh not excited seems like a misunderstanding of the character common gangster of NYC makes no sense for someone who came back from the White Room.

He may be back from the dead, but don't forget, he doesn't have any superpowers. For that reason, it does make sense.

Ultimate Member

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...e/1100-156110/

Will how he returns be immediately revealed or something that plays out over the story?

We will learn what happened to him between the time he "died" in Runaways, and his "resurrection" in Avengers Undercover. And to give everyone a hint, he was studying in hell, learning from the worst of humanity.

Will any other members of the Runaways make an appearance?

Maybe. It makes sense, but the Runaways don't work into any of the immediate stories I'm planning. With the way I have things outlined, the earliest we'd see any of the Runaways is around issues 20. This is about Alex, and how much he has changed so much. At some point, Nico will have to show up, because they have some unresolved business, and she makes the most sense if anyone of the Runaways show up before issue 20. But when there finally is a reunion between Alex and the Runaways, it will be ugly.
    So Runaways in Power Man & Ironfist would be next year around July or August.

If that is the case a Runaway series should be up and running beforehand.

Does anybody that Alex can legitimately redeem himself in the comics by the time the runaways series premieres?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Does anybody that Alex can legitimately redeem himself in the comics by the time the runaways series premieres?
    I doubt it if we go by what Walker is planning. By the time he really gets shown in that book he's already a bad guy.

BANNED

They going to explain why he was in Hell in the first place. Since initially he was stuck in that White Room not Hell more Purgatory. Him being in Hell was more because a certain writer did poor research.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Alex was always bad since the start of the Runaways, as he manipulated them from the start to help his own parents from the traitors of the Pride, as he wanted to help with the destruction of the world. In my opinion he is too far from redemption and doesn't deserve it.

Good news that Walker is thinking in bringing back some of the Runaways in his ongoing and had mentioned that Nico would be the first one to appear as she was the closest with Alex before he betrayed them. I can't wait for them to appear and crosses fingers for a new ongoing of the Runaways, but knowing how Marvel treats the teen heroes, I'm not very optimistic...
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 10-09-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    They going to explain why he was in Hell in the first place. Since initially he was stuck in that White Room not Hell more Purgatory. Him being in Hell was more because a certain writer did poor research.
    Whose to say that White Room was not a version of hell? Hell to one person is not the same to another one.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Whose to say that White Room was not a version of hell? Hell to one person is not the same to another one.
    I think that Alex ended in some kind of limbo instead of the White Room (that's only for Phoenix stuff).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think that Alex ended in some kind of limbo instead of the White Room (that's only for Phoenix stuff).
    It's still a matter of perspective since Hell tends to be interpreted to be one's worst fears/nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    It's still a matter of perspective since Hell tends to be interpreted to be one's worst fears/nightmare.
    Mmm...I hadn't seen it in that way. Usually Hell in the Marvel comics was usually represented as like the blazing place with demons and all that stuff.

BANNED

I can't wait to see if any member from the Runaways to help out Power Man and iron Fist against their old leader.