Page 92 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1493

My PTO request has been approved. Ah'ma binge the everlivin' fuuuuuuuuuuuuux outta this on the 21st.

New trailer looks awesome. Looks like there's going to be a lot of action.

I like that they kept the creepy painting in the Hostel that let them spy on people through the eyes

I am losing my damn mind over the "staff of science" looking like its doing a lot more than science this season

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm going to have to steer clear of a couple of websites when the season hits. Unless I can find an alright online source for the show, or get a VPN going (have never had any luck with these) I'll be watching weekly in January, and February.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    You'd expect any faithful adaptation of Xavin to wait until after March of this year. I mean, could they make Xavin not a Skrull? Sure. But that seems like something worth taking from the comics canoni.
    Maybe, but I have a feeling that while they've finally decided to consider the show as a part of the Film/TV Universe it's still largely going to be disconnected. I could be wrong of course, but Skrulls and Ultron seem like something that would be weird to get into for Xavin or Victor. Not unless the show really dives into the MCU on an AoS level. We'll see how it goes, but she could be anyone.

I am losing my damn mind over the "staff of science" looking like its doing a lot more than science this season
    Yeah, I was getting some serious Doctor Strange vibes. Considering "Tina" cameo-ed in that movie, they could use that as the bridge. I don't know how they'd go about it, the showrunners were fairly clear they didn't consider them the same character but that could have changed.

I love the idea of Tina being super low dubious about being a legit sorceress and not telling a damn soul. "No, no, its nanotech. Its MACHINES Y'ALL!!!!! Magic whut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I love the idea of Tina being super low dubious about being a legit sorceress and not telling a damn soul. "No, no, its nanotech. Its MACHINES Y'ALL!!!!! Magic whut?"
    "Hey kid, I'm a computer!"

It could work, the timeline of the Doctor Strange movie has always been on the funny side. I could buy her being both a millionaire tech wizard, and an actual wizard. It'd bring at least one of the archetypical villain roles that the adaptation ignored.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 11-30-2018 at 08:18 AM.

I am dying to see the second season.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yeah, I was getting some serious Doctor Strange vibes. Considering "Tina" cameo-ed in that movie, they could use that as the bridge. I don't know how they'd go about it, the showrunners were fairly clear they didn't consider them the same character but that could have changed.
    Not just vibes; that effect around her eyes look IDENTICAL to Kaecilius' in the Strange movie. I really think it can't be a coincidence. And if it's not, this means she could be tapping into Dark Dimension energy (or something like that), and I am so here for it.

Ultimate Member

Tina's a straight up wizard in my headcanon, but she knows better than to talk about the hocus-pocus in front of Victor Stein, because he loses his shit and it's all pointless time-wasting drama.

And those Yorkes, ugh, one whiff of 'magic is real?' and they will. Not. Shut. Up. about unicorns and faeries. Hippies.

Best to pretend it's just 'science you don't understand yet,' which is what magic is, pretty much, so it's barely even a lie...

Yeah, honestly it isn't a hard sell with what's been established. You could bring on the magic with just a few lines.

Now making the Yorkes clan time travelers would be quite an undertaking. "Oh yeah, we're from the 86th Century, but got stuck in the late '90s when our machine was stolen at a Phish concert."

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Tina's a straight up wizard in my headcanon, but she knows better than to talk about the hocus-pocus in front of Victor Stein, because he loses his shit and it's all pointless time-wasting drama.

And those Yorkes, ugh, one whiff of 'magic is real?' and they will. Not. Shut. Up. about unicorns and faeries. Hippies.

Best to pretend it's just 'science you don't understand yet,' which is what magic is, pretty much, so it's barely even a lie...
    Yeah, honestly it isn't a hard sell with what's been established. You could bring on the magic with just a few lines.

Now making the Yorkes clan time travelers would be quite an undertaking. "Oh yeah, we're from the 86th Century, but got stuck in the late '90s when our machine was stolen at a Phish concert."
    You two are killing me. ha ha ha

I think it was clear from the initial announcement of 13 episodes that the budget was considerably increased and that trailer confirms that. I can't wait to see what they introduce this season. Seems clear to me that they're going with the magic route

Just embracing its nature as a superhero show appears to be changing things quite a bit. I think it's looking good. I can't wait to see more of the Hostel, apparently it's the largest set Marvel TV has ever made.

Also, I was browsing the Google play store, and noticed that the current icon for Avengers Academy has Karolina on it. Nico has had enough spotlight it appears.

EDIT: Mobile games are not fun.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 11-30-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Just embracing its nature as a superhero show appears to be changing things quite a bit. I think it's looking good. I can't wait to see more of the Hostel, apparently it's the largest set Marvel TV has ever made.

Also, I was browsing the Google play store, and noticed that the current icon for Avengers Academy has Karolina on it. Nico has had enough spotlight it appears.

EDIT: Mobile games are not fun.
    Lol. To be fair, Avengers Academy happens to be one of the worst out of the Marvel ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol. To be fair, Avengers Academy happens to be one of the worst out of the Marvel ones...
    I can believe it. I did briefly play Avengers Alliance before it was shut down, while I dig Academy's visuals Alliance was able to grab me for a bit.

The only highlights I've seen of their appearance in the game so far is Molly threatening to kick Arnim Zola in the groin.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 11-30-2018 at 02:46 PM.