Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1493
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I finally finished the season, it was so good. Had such a dumb smile on my face during so many moments.

spoilers:
    Livvie and Xavin's actresses were so gorgeous, I hope they both become regulars next season.

So much more action than season 1, maybe it's because I binged it so it didn't seem as long between fights but there just seemed like a lot this time.

And holy shit, Molly was kind of the MVP of the season. Letting her grow up and mature really shows how different this is from the comics.

So much happened and the finale was even crazier. I can't wait to see what happens next season, I already want more.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They were both excellent. I fully expect that Xavin will be sticking around in one form or another, but Livvie showing up again would be fantastic. I very much enjoyed her role on the show, and would be saddened if she remained absent in Season Three.

Totally agree, I'm planning on re-watching it on TV as it airs on Showcase just to see how the episodes feel with a week between. Season One would feels like it would have been better as a binge, Season Two has had so much to unpack each episode that pacing it out may be a good way to watch it.

Yes, and the only thing she did behind anyone's back was flirt with vigilantism for a few episodes. Everyone else did something to justifiably piss off at least one of the others, Molly Hayes Hernandez was on point the whole season. Which makes me scared that she could be the possessed Runaway.

I'm happy as a clam that they decided to go back on the Staff of One being a piece of tech. They haven't gone too far into detail, but I imagine they're making Film-Tina and TV-Tina the same Tina again. The Kung-Fu was unexpected, but made for a fun scene.
    end of spoilers

I feel like I should finally get around to watching Cloak and Dagger. Just in case.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    spoilers:
    They were both excellent. I fully expect that Xavin will be sticking around in one form or another, but Livvie showing up again would be fantastic. I very much enjoyed her role on the show, and would be saddened if she remained absent in Season Three.

Totally agree, I'm planning on re-watching it on TV as it airs on Showcase just to see how the episodes feel with a week between. Season One would feels like it would have been better as a binge, Season Two has had so much to unpack each episode that pacing it out may be a good way to watch it.

Yes, and the only thing she did behind anyone's back was flirt with vigilantism for a few episodes. Everyone else did something to justifiably piss off at least one of the others, Molly Hayes Hernandez was on point the whole season. Which makes me scared that she could be the possessed Runaway.

I'm happy as a clam that they decided to go back on the Staff of One being a piece of tech. They haven't gone too far into detail, but I imagine they're making Film-Tina and TV-Tina the same Tina again. The Kung-Fu was unexpected, but made for a fun scene.
    end of spoilers

I feel like I should finally get around to watching Cloak and Dagger. Just in case.
    spoilers:
    Well they brought back that security guard that Gert flirted with in season 1 for a cameo, so I'm hoping that Livvie and Tamar have some sort of role in Season 3. I want to see where Alex's sideplot goes after how he left his parents in the finale.

Did we know her name was Molly Hayes Hernandez before her Quinceanera? (which was great by the way, after such a heavy season it was nice to see them celebrate). I thought that was a nice Easter egg, there were others throughout the season that I thought were a nice touch.
    The statue of the Gibborim (that looked like the comic version) at the Crater, Chase designing the Leapfrog, Lacrosse coach Alphona constantly getting namechecked.

I was thinking that maybe Nico was the one who got possessed, she seemed somewhat out of control when she killed Jonah or whenever she got the broken black eyes, it could just be the Staff's influence or it could be Karolina's brother taking over.

I was actually surprised that they made the Staff of One more magical, even the same limitation, their parents even explicitly called them spells. I thought Nico cast the same shield spell more than once last season, but I don't mind a soft reboot.
    Watching them fight was amazing, Tina and Robert were kicking ass and it was kinda hilarious. Any version of Nico should learn to use the Staff of One as a bo staff like that so that she doesn't run out of spells.
    end of spoilers

Cloak and Dagger was really good, I'm not super attached to the comic versions but I ended up loving both of them in the show.
    Both of these shows killed it this year.

spoilers:
    Well they brought back that security guard that Gert flirted with in season 1 for a cameo, so I'm hoping that Livvie and Tamar have some sort of role in Season 3. I want to see where Alex's sideplot goes after how he left his parents in the finale.

Did we know her name was Molly Hayes Hernandez before her Quinceanera? (which was great by the way, after such a heavy season it was nice to see them celebrate). I thought that was a nice Easter egg, there were others throughout the season that I thought were a nice touch.
    The statue of the Gibborim (that looked like the comic version) at the Crater, Chase designing the Leapfrog, Lacrosse coach Alphona constantly getting namechecked.

I was thinking that maybe Nico was the one who got possessed, she seemed somewhat out of control when she killed Jonah or whenever she got the broken black eyes, it could just be the Staff's influence or it could be Karolina's brother taking over.

I was actually surprised that they made the Staff of One more magical, even the same limitation, their parents even explicitly called them spells. I thought Nico cast the same shield spell more than once last season, but I don't mind a soft reboot.
    Watching them fight was amazing, Tina and Robert were kicking ass and it was kinda hilarious. Any version of Nico should learn to use the Staff of One as a bo staff like that so that she doesn't run out of spells.
    end of spoilers

Cloak and Dagger was really good, I'm not super attached to the comic versions but I ended up loving both of them in the show.
    Both of these shows killed it this year.
    spoilers:
    It would feel kind of weird for them to not show up in some capacity. I don't know how the Wilder's arrest is going to play out but it'd be hard to not work Tomar or Livvie into it somehow. At times this season they felt like more significant characters than the Pride. Hopefully AWOL, and company don't return.

If I'm not mistaken I think it was the first time it was established as being her full name. It was a well appreciated Easter egg in a very good episode. I'm so happy to see the Leapfrog show up in a form that wasn't just a self-driving car. I don't expect to see it in the series as more than a design, but I just miss the Froggy. I also very much enjoy Vaughan as a character as well, he's just doing his best, and I hope he leaves that cult for good.

True enough, what could be the staff having a negative influence could also be alien possession. Could be both actually, maybe it's none of the kids as well. That'd be a bit of a red herring, but I don't know how things will play.

They really went back on it to a degree I didn't expect. After the first few episodes of the season I thought they were just going to make Nico use it as she did in the comics without it necessarily having the same limitations. Saying new words to get similar effects as more of ow she used the staff, rather than it having to be used that way. The way she mentioned it being elemental forces didn't last too long either.
    Robert is probably my favourite Pride member, he's just a dad doing his best, and that best includes kung-fu skills paired with balls of steel. Nico being able to hold her own against them was kind of crazy, but I enjoyed myself too much to not buy it.
    end of spoilers

I'll give it a try, only watched the first two episodes of it so far. I very much like the characters but haven't had the chance to sit down, and go for it all. Might do it over the holidays now.

Jolly Holidays y'all. Stay warm, and don't stop running.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-24-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I noticed that the staff of one doesn't have the blood requirement like it did in season one. It use to prick Nico's finger whenever she used it.

Mighty Member

So I finally finished this season, and I have some thoughts on the ending and where they might be going...

spoilers:
    So, the likely suspect for the possessed kid is left fairly wide open. Nico and Alex seem like prime suspects. Alex was my #1 suspect for being possessed before the season even ended. During the Strike Team attack on the Hostel, he shifts gears super hard from wanting to protect Livvie to being willing to abandon her, and they even use a similar sound effect to when we see Stacy and Victor suffer lost time possessions. But he doesn't seem to be losing time, or blacking out. Though Stacy doesn't appear to acknowledge it happening to her, either, so that could be a clue. Nico gets crazy powerful and destructive when she goes full dark with the staff, but at least three times this season it's AFTER she's apparently been knocked unconscious. And the one time we see the darkened eyes outside of battle, she's going back on her decision to abandon the staff. Which could be a hint that she's not herself, or it could be the Staff.

But every one of the kids makes kind of weird choices at some point. Molly seems like the only one being fully herself, which could actually be a clue that she's possessed. Shock value is a thing loved by Hollywood writers, for whatever reason. The only one completely in the clear is Old Lace, because she wasn't present at the time.

And there's the additional possibility that it ISN'T one of the kids at all. It could be Leslie, though her crusade to shut down the church suggests it isn't. But it could very well be her child. I think that's the most likely scenario at the moment. The Gibborim attempted to possess Leslie, but wound up trapped in the baby instead. Which would make the baby the big McGuffin of a potential S3. It would also allow them to tease, repeatedly, which of the kids is possessed and yet still have it not be any of them, protecting the status quo.

If it is to be one of the kids, Alex seems like the safest choice. His "possessed" persona, if that's what it is, brings him nicely in line with his villainous self, and he already has the comic pedigree as a traitor.

In other thoughts, they finally gave us Xavin. Victor next?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I noticed that the staff of one doesn't have the blood requirement like it did in season one. It use to prick Nico's finger whenever she used it.
    Is that the reason for the change in the comics then?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yeah, if it was pricking Nico's finger attention wasn't at all drawn to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that the reason for the change in the comics then?
    I doubt it, Rowell/Anka have been avoiding the show for the most part to avoid it influencing their comic. Rowell just didn't like that aspect of her abilities.

With the parents having such a huge role in the TV show I wonder how Victor will fit in once he's introduced. His connection to Ultron is definitely getting the axe so someone else will have to be his creator. Maybe find a way to mix him into pride business spoilers:
    or the Majesty plot somehow
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    They really went back on it to a degree I didn't expect. After the first few episodes of the season I thought they were just going to make Nico use it as she did in the comics without it necessarily having the same limitations. Saying new words to get similar effects as more of ow she used the staff, rather than it having to be used that way. The way she mentioned it being elemental forces didn't last too long either.
    Robert is probably my favourite Pride member, he's just a dad doing his best, and that best includes kung-fu skills paired with balls of steel. Nico being able to hold her own against them was kind of crazy, but I enjoyed myself too much to not buy it.
    end of spoilers

Jolly Holidays y'all. Stay warm, and don't stop running.
    spoilers:
    I almost completely forgot about that "elemental forces only" thing. Was that ever even mentioned again?
    Although I suppose the wind spell she used to get out of the dig site and the spell she used to stop the ship from rising from the earth might count.

I was expecting more individual fights between the kids and the Pride, not for all of the weapons they made to be built into drones, which ended up being pretty cool. But I'm glad that we did get a physical confrontation between Nico and her parents.
    end of spoilers

Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So I finally finished this season, and I have some thoughts on the ending and where they might be going...

spoilers:
    And there's the additional possibility that it ISN'T one of the kids at all. It could be Leslie, though her crusade to shut down the church suggests it isn't. But it could very well be her child. I think that's the most likely scenario at the moment. The Gibborim attempted to possess Leslie, but wound up trapped in the baby instead. Which would make the baby the big McGuffin of a potential S3. It would also allow them to tease, repeatedly, which of the kids is possessed and yet still have it not be any of them, protecting the status quo.

If it is to be one of the kids, Alex seems like the safest choice. His "possessed" persona, if that's what it is, brings him nicely in line with his villainous self, and he already has the comic pedigree as a traitor.

In other thoughts, they finally gave us Xavin. Victor next?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ooh, I like the idea that it's Frank and Leslie's fetus, and that's why the paternity test would say the baby is his but Xavin detected Majesdanian DNA.

They included Xavin and Topher, but took certain liberties with their origins, I can't imagine that they would just completely skip Victor Mancha
    They might need to change his name so that they don't confuse him with Victor Stein.

Or they could make Mancha a younger version of Stein, like Jonah's influence has pushed Stein out of his body so he figures out a way to have his consciousness take over a kid/cyborg he was building
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I almost completely forgot about that "elemental forces only" thing. Was that ever even mentioned again?
    Although I suppose the wind spell she used to get out of the dig site and the spell she used to stop the ship from rising from the earth might count.

I was expecting more individual fights between the kids and the Pride, not for all of the weapons they made to be built into drones, which ended up being pretty cool. But I'm glad that we did get a physical confrontation between Nico and her parents.
    end of spoilers

Happy Holidays!

spoilers:
    Ooh, I like the idea that it's Frank and Leslie's fetus, and that's why the paternity test would say the baby is his but Xavin detected Majesdanian DNA.

They included Xavin and Topher, but took certain liberties with their origins, I can't imagine that they would just completely skip Victor Mancha
    They might need to change his name so that they don't confuse him with Victor Stein.

Or they could make Mancha a younger version of Stein, like Jonah's influence has pushed Stein out of his body so he figures out a way to have his consciousness take over a kid/cyborg he was building
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They don't have to go that far with Mancha just because he shares the same name as one of the parents. It's not like the kids refer to any of the parents by their names
    end of spoilers

FAM, I'm blanking and don't have access to my books right now.

Does Molly no longer glow when she powers up? I'm talking in the books, of course. Does she not get that pink pop to her eyes (and sometimes her hair) ?

I miss that. I thought that was so charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    FAM, I'm blanking and don't have access to my books right now.

Does Molly no longer glow when she powers up? I'm talking in the books, of course. Does she not get that pink pop to her eyes (and sometimes her hair) ?

I miss that. I thought that was so charming.
    Nope, her eyes don't glow anymore in the current series. Going back and reading the original books, ti always surprised me whenever they did that. It doesn't bother me either way, I just always assumed her strength would just always be on and not something that would need to be activated.

Yeah, they've definitely downplayed it as an indicator of her powers being active recently. I suppose as the drawback of fatigue was gradually phased out so was her powers requiring conscious activation.

EDIT: Could have sworn I saw her eyes glow during the fight witch Doombot in issue Eight, but that appears to not be the case. I thought it might just be there having not been too many scenes of her using her powers this volume. The Pink-Eye appears to have been done away with.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-28-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Yeah, they've definitely downplayed it as an indicator of her powers being active recently. I suppose as the drawback of fatigue was gradually phased out so was her powers requiring conscious activation.

EDIT: Could have sworn I saw her eyes glow during the fight witch Doombot in issue Eight, but that appears to not be the case. I thought it might just be there having not been too many scenes of her using her powers this volume. The Pink-Eye appears to have been done away with.
    I always assumed the pink energy was an indicator that her powers were actually telekinetic in nature, like her parents.

-Pav, who loved all the BKV hints...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I always assumed the pink energy was an indicator that her powers were actually telekinetic in nature, like her parents.

-Pav, who loved all the BKV hints...
    I did too. I assumed the "strength/durability" was going to be later revealed as a telekinetic field that covers her body, giving her a protective casing and granting super-strength-like-feats.

Ah well.