Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Default All New Invaders #15: Review & SPOILERS

PLOT:

Well, there's not a lot happening plot wise in this last issue, and there's a whole lot of plot lines that left hanging -- basically everything that Robinson has been building in the last 15 issues. But there's some nice characterization with the interactions of Namor, Jim and Steve.

For example, when Namor asks Jim about Toro's new powers, we get a couple panels of Jim exposition, before Namor interrupts him with a "Could you be any more boring, Jim?"

And Jim cuts to the chase and we learn that Toro now can "create chemical and elemental transformations to his body, the air around him, and who knows what else."

Told in flashback, last issue's conflict with Lash is resolved when the Royal Inhumans show up and help kick everyone's butt. Lash tries to convince the new Inhumans to teleport out with him, but only the Nazi agrees.

The issue and series ends as it began, with Jim Hammond. He comes home to a room completely wrecked by Niels, Speedball's bouncing cat. And they take a nap, with the cat convinced to sleep on Jim by him elevating his body temperature slightly. Which of course, makes him the perfect cat person.

REVIEW:

I'm somewhat torn about his issue. It's both an apt ending to this series, and a very frustrating non-ending, with a note that Robinson hopes he can finish off all the cool plotlines he started elsewhere. It's especially frustrating, given I felt we've been spinning our wheels for these last three issues. I still don't care about the nuInhumans or Speedball's cat. I miss seeing Bucky, Union Jack and Spitfire.

On the plus side, it was great to read Namor, Jim and Steve chewing the fat.

Also, I guess I was oblivious, cause I didn't pick up on Jim's feelings for Radiance.

I am glad that this last issue was by Steve Pugh and GuruFX. Pugh is definitely a huge part of this iteration of the Invaders.

Also, I'm really going to miss this book. I wish it could have gone on for 15 years, instead of 15 issues.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I wonder if they will collect all 15 issues into an oversized HC edition? I'd be interested in that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

I hate that this book is coming to an end.

I really hope Torch, Toro, Radiance, and Namor all end up in a good book after this is over. I'm especially curious about Toro after this new development. Him and Jim need to have duo title.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Curse the luck that it's not coming back. Come on Marvel give it a shot!

Jim and Radiance huh? that's an interesting paring and I really would like to see the series keep going some where else? Maybe after Secret wars? It would have been nice to have had an invaders section in Battle world at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I hate that this book is coming to an end.

I really hope Torch, Toro, Radiance, and Namor all end up in a good book after this is over. I'm especially curious about Toro after this new development. Him and Jim need to have duo title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Curse the luck that it's not coming back. Come on Marvel give it a shot!

Jim and Radiance huh? that's an interesting paring and I really would like to see the series keep going some where else? Maybe after Secret wars? It would have been nice to have had an invaders section in Battle world at the very least.
    Well, we know that Jim is going to be in the Ultron vs the Zombies series, so he and the cat will keep going elsewhere. Probably Radiance also, if Robinson sees them in some sort of attraction.

I imagine Toro will be part of the Inhumans, but whether as wallpaper or have an actual role, I don't know. I did find his scene about feeling at home at Attilan to be very odd.

Namor, however, I'm not very hopeful for after Secret Wars.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Killraven and Spitfire and Union Jack will be part of the New Mars Battleworld.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

will the alt-kil raven bucky and invaders meet the martians in SW?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, we know that Jim is going to be in the Ultron vs the Zombies series, so he and the cat will keep going elsewhere. Probably Radiance also, if Robinson sees them in some sort of attraction.

I imagine Toro will be part of the Inhumans, but whether as wallpaper or have an actual role, I don't know. I did find his scene about feeling at home at Attilan to be very odd.

Namor, however, I'm not very hopeful for after Secret Wars.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Killraven and Spitfire and Union Jack will be part of the New Mars Battleworld.
    I didn't know Jim was going to Ultron vs Zombies....dang it I might have to get that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I didn't know Jim was going to Ultron vs Zombies....dang it I might have to get that now.
    Yep, it's basically the All New Invaders team, Robinson and Pugh, with Jim Hammond, Wonderman, and Vision. Article and art here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59578

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    will the alt-kil raven bucky and invaders meet the martians in SW?
    This is what I'm hoping for. Keeping fingers crossed.

i do like how it ended by showing where everyone else will go (more or less)

thoughts on the Jim Radiance romance?
    i hope jim's cat will be in SW too!! dc has dex starr
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

Kind of weird, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Jim deserves some love, also where's Victor Mancha in this mess? I would think that he should get a shot to meet Jim, that would have been nice.

Where's Iron Cross going to go then?

Mighty Member

I'm mixed about it too. At the end of the day, this was Jim's book and it reads that way, which is super fitting. That aspect of the ending is nice, but then you have all the dangling plot threads. Robinson must be confident that he'll be able to finish these somewhere, as the last two issues could have been a rushed fight with the Martians rather than random Nazis. Not that I hated the Nazi fight, but Toro meeting the inhumans could have been a two page affair. "Come with us." He checks it out. "I'm home." The worst part is that aspects of this book promised to pick up lingering plot threads from New Warriors. I feel like I'm being teased across multiple ongoings. One would have to go through these different ongoings that were never originally advertised to have any connection just to finish that one plot point from New Warriors, and that just seems messy. Still, the book was cancelled, what can you do? The good news is it left me wanting, so I guess I'll be following Robinson's marvel work for some time. Granted, that was always going to be the case.

ignoring the age gap and the human/android relationship but yes! jim deserves some love

hmm..no idea lol..idk where she fits other than this book

Dear Marvel,

Please stop yanking books and give them promotion the same way you give other books promotion. Books like this and Secret Warriors need promotion and such. Push them!

Invaders could have been another JSA if Marvel just gave it a chance, the same way Secret Warriors could have been a New Titans, and Avengers AI could have been something really interesting. But nope...we can't have fun things.

i do like how it ended by showing where everyone else will go (more or less)

thoughts on the Jim Radiance romance?
    i hope jim's cat will be in SW too!! dc has dex starr
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Kind of weird, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Jim deserves some love, also where's Victor Mancha in this mess? I would think that he should get a shot to meet Jim, that would have been nice.

Where's Iron Cross going to go then?
    ignoring the age gap and the human/android relationship but yes! jim deserves some love

hmm..no idea lol..idk where she fits other than this book
    Iron Cross is an Inhuman, so she could show up anywhere Toro does. Plus, if Robinson does get address the Eternals vs the Kree or the Martian threat -- which I actually think was supposed to tie together -- then Iron Cross could show back up.

If Namor wasn't being used by Hickman, I bet we'd see more of her with Namor -- though, I really miss Loa in the 'side kick' role. At this point, Namor could field his own Atlantean Angels with all the female superheroes he has hanging around.

Victor Mancha could end up in Robinson's SW Ultron Zombies book. It looks like he's going to deal with Pym and Ultron related characters there.

I guess I need to re-read the books, cause I really didn't pick up on a romantic angle between Radiance and Jim. She certainly seems young for him, but perhaps that's a good way to explore the character. But what will Spitfire say? LOL!