Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Dear Marvel,

Please stop yanking books and give them promotion the same way you give other books promotion. Books like this and Secret Warriors need promotion and such. Push them!

Invaders could have been another JSA if Marvel just gave it a chance, the same way Secret Warriors could have been a New Titans, and Avengers AI could have been something really interesting. But nope...we can't have fun things.
    secret warriors had a lengthy run where hickman completed the story he wanted to tell.
    ANI had that galactus/eternal plot which went unresolved

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Iron Cross is an Inhuman, so she could show up anywhere Toro does. Plus, if Robinson does get address the Eternals vs the Kree or the Martian threat -- which I actually think was supposed to tie together -- then Iron Cross could show back up.

If Namor wasn't being used by Hickman, I bet we'd see more of her with Namor -- though, I really miss Loa in the 'side kick' role. At this point, Namor could field his own Atlantean Angels with all the female superheroes he has hanging around.

I guess I need to re-read the books, cause I really didn't pick up on a romantic angle between Radiance and Jim. She certainly seems young for him, but perhaps that's a good way to explore the character. But what will Spitfire say? LOL!
    Toro seems like he's gonna be in the inhumans book..although i don't know how i feel about him being there.

being used or abused? :P

Namor was telling Jim about how he's too much of a gentleman and what he'd already done to a girl if he was in Jim's position *HINT: S&M STUDIOS* and how he's going to tokyo
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Toro seems like he's gonna be in the inhumans book..although i don't know how i feel about him being there.

Namor was telling Jim about how he's too much of a gentleman and what he'd already done to a girl if he was in Jim's position *HINT: S&M STUDIOS* and how he's going to tokyo
    LOL! I need to make you an avatar of SM STUDIOS. You can change your name or signature to Movie Mogul!

Yes, I'm still not 100% aboard with Toro is an Inhuman. Perhaps if they hadn't retconned him into being a mutant. Or if Carey hadn't done The Torch mini-series which addressed Toro's abilities. But, OTOH, the MU certainly doesn't need THREE firebugs. And if someone will actually write Toro as an Inhuman, I guess it will be okay.

Used AND abused?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    secret warriors had a lengthy run where hickman completed the story he wanted to tell.
    ANI had that galactus/eternal plot which went unresolved
    I meant New warriors (Scarlet Spider, Hummingbird, Justice, Sun Girl, etc.) Wow that came out bad.

And I wonder if Galactus is going to play a role in Secret Wars?

Well depends on who's writing the book, and huh, really Namor. I'm surprised Jim didn't cuff him one for that. But then again, these two are on good terms.

I meant New warriors (Scarlet Spider, Hummingbird, Justice, Sun Girl, etc.) Wow that came out bad.

And I wonder if Galactus is going to play a role in Secret Wars?

Well depends on who's writing the book, and huh, really Namor. I'm surprised Jim didn't cuff him one for that. But then again, these two are on good terms.
    Exactly. It's not like Namor didn't tease Jim mercilessly about his previous attraction -- to Spitfire.

Also, now we KNOW, what we previously assumed, that Namor has a different tone, when he speaking to women. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Exactly. It's not like Namor didn't tease Jim mercilessly about his previous attraction -- to Spitfire.

Also, now we KNOW, what we previously assumed, that Namor has a different tone, when he speaking to women. ;p
    I want more of this. Character's getting along and working together. Even if things go down hill they still have each others back. I'd love to see an Invader's movie with this sort of thing going on. Captain and Bucky, Torch and Namor, Toro and the Kid Commandos, Spitfire, the whole 9 yards. And we can't even get it here and now in the book because it's going away for a while...again.

I want more of this. Character's getting along and working together. Even if things go down hill they still have each others back. I'd love to see an Invader's movie with this sort of thing going on. Captain and Bucky, Torch and Namor, Toro and the Kid Commandos, Spitfire, the whole 9 yards. And we can't even get it here and now in the book because it's going away for a while...again.
    That's what I did enjoy about this last issue, seeing those characters with so much history between them interacting.

I do think there will be far more of heroes working together in the Secret Wars tie-ins, even if they may not be doing so in SW itself. It would have been really cool to have an Invaders place on the Battleword, though.

That's what I did enjoy about this last issue, seeing those characters with so much history between them interacting.

I do think there will be far more of heroes working together in the Secret Wars tie-ins, even if they may not be doing so in SW itself. It would have been really cool to have an Invaders place on the Battleword, though.
    Very much agree, it would have been great place for all the Golden Age heroes to go for the time being. Yeah I would hope so, it will be nice to see people working as a team rather then at each others throats. I'm wondering now what plot lines Robinson had for his stories for the Invaders. Did he ever give any clues?

Very much agree, it would have been great place for all the Golden Age heroes to go for the time being. Yeah I would hope so, it will be nice to see people working as a team rather then at each others throats. I'm wondering now what plot lines Robinson had for his stories for the Invaders. Did he ever give any clues?
    That's what hurts the most, as a Namor fan. Robinson said he had a huge arc for Namor planned.

But I think he also wanted to do more with the Brits, who barely got to show up, especially Union Jack.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I was disappointed with this. When he found it was ending he should have tied up plots.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Why hasn't Speedball ask for his cat back ?

I just found this Pink Floyd homage on Nick Perks Deviant Art site and thought it was perfect for this last issue.

http://nick-perks.deviantart.com/art...Here-515312610

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I was disappointed with this. When he found it was ending he should have tied up plots.
    I understand. It would have been nice to have one plotline finished, at least. But I think intead Robinson went for a wrap up / consolidation of some of the characterizations he was interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Why hasn't Speedball ask for his cat back ?
    Speedball isn't part of the Invaders. Wasn't he in New Warriors? Perhaps the answer is there.

BANNED

I imagine Toro will be part of the Inhumans, but whether as wallpaper or have an actual role, I don't know. I did find his scene about feeling at home at Attilan to be very odd.
    I don't know what he's been up to since The Torch, but in that series he was very much looking for a place to belong. Plus, I can see it reminding him of the circus.

I would expect him to be in Uncanny Inhumans rather than Inhuman, as they already have a pseudo-torch in Inferno.

I came here because I learned about Iron Cross from the Guardians Team-Up variant. But the series is over? I guess I'll look on Marvel Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I don't know what he's been up to since The Torch, but in that series he was very much looking for a place to belong. Plus, I can see it reminding him of the circus.

I would expect him to be in Uncanny Inhumans rather than Inhuman, as they already have a pseudo-torch in Inferno.

I came here because I learned about Iron Cross from the Guardians Team-Up variant. But the series is over? I guess I'll look on Marvel Unlimited.
    Yes, in The Torch, IIRC, Toro was like Steve, a man displaced by time. Of course, with the sliding time scale it wasn't supposed to be quite as discordant as Steve, though in real time, Toro's been gone for much longer than Steve was. But that doesn't explain why Attilan, of all places, should feel like home. It's more alien then anything Toro has encountered.

Regardless, as I said, it would be great if Toro does get used in some future book.

Sadly, yes, the series is over. We didn't get to learn much about Iron Cross. I'm trying to remember which issue she was introduced in.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I'm mixed about it too. At the end of the day, this was Jim's book and it reads that way, which is super fitting. That aspect of the ending is nice, but then you have all the dangling plot threads. Robinson must be confident that he'll be able to finish these somewhere, as the last two issues could have been a rushed fight with the Martians rather than random Nazis. Not that I hated the Nazi fight, but Toro meeting the inhumans could have been a two page affair. "Come with us." He checks it out. "I'm home." The worst part is that aspects of this book promised to pick up lingering plot threads from New Warriors. I feel like I'm being teased across multiple ongoings. One would have to go through these different ongoings that were never originally advertised to have any connection just to finish that one plot point from New Warriors, and that just seems messy. Still, the book was cancelled, what can you do? The good news is it left me wanting, so I guess I'll be following Robinson's marvel work for some time. Granted, that was always going to be the case.
    I agree with the bolded. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get to see the Martian stuff, at the very least. It looks like Galactus got co-opted by Hickman. I'd love to have seen how he escaped the Eternals.

What plot point from New Warriors? The cat?