BANNED

Default Hulk #12 Spoilers/Discussion

HULK #12

• GAMMA, GUNS AND GLORY!!!

• DOC GREEN'S wayward artificial intelligence causes more problems

• THE GAMMA CORPS

• Doc Green receives training from an unexpected tutor...IRON FIST!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=26285

BANNED

Here's my thoughts on Hulk #12

A good/decent, fun issue overall. We learned, or at least got some hints, of the ruthless A.I.'s sinister intentions. I have a feeling that the AI will, or already has, retrieved the Maestro's time-frozen body from Kang's trophy room at the end of time and will proceed to merge its intelligence with that of the Maestro's own psyche to create a true Omega Hulk. At this point, I'm willing to bet on it.

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see Doc Green bust out any of his martial arts moves in his altercation with the armored A.I. Then again, they're probably going to save it for his altercation with Red Hulk. I hope Doc G will break every bone and outright trash Rulk in their 2nd conflict. Yes, he needs to die. If any Hulk should die permanently, it's General Ross.

I was also disappointed that Gamma Corps were basically just filler and not really utilized as much as I hoped they would be. They get some action, some dialogue, and then get depowered by Doc G. That's about it. Though I did like that Doc Green expressed that he cares about his daughter Lyra, and doesn't appear to want to undertake any lethal measures in eliminating other gamma-empowered beings.

All in all, this seemed more like a filler issue that sets up for Hulk #13. 14, 15, and 16. We continue with the Frankenstein angle where Doc G created his own monster in the Omega Project, just as Banner created a monster by inventing the gamma bomb and freeing the Hulk. I can only hope that things will pick up and that Mr. Duggan delivers an incredible ending for Omega Hulk.

Well, we've got less than two weeks until Hulk #13 is out!

Thoughts?

Fun if fluffy issue.

While I get why Duggan's using Lyra as Doc Green's big mistake, (she's the one that would be banished to her old dimension,) I can't help but wish that he had found a way to use Skaar instead. I just feel that, the Father vs. Son struggle is more in keeping with the core themes of the Hulk than this thing with Lyra. Honestly, Doc Green screwing up and sending her to the wrong dimension is ironically the most interaction we've seen between Hulk and his daughter at this point.

Eh, I'll see where this leaves us.

I'm curious to see what happens leading into Secret War, and where Hulk will be by the end of it. As far as I can tell Duggan is going to be writing the character for the foreseeable future. While I'm enjoying his Omega Hulk story, I'll admit, I'm more interested to see where he'll take the character after this story is done.

BANNED

Definitely a fun issue. I'm sure much heavier stuff is on the horizon but this was a nice "light" issue before things get more intense with Red Hulk. And I bet the kung-fu angle will come into play more then.