View Poll Results: How Should Otto Return?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superior Spider-Man

16 27.12%
  • Doc Ock

43 72.88%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    The Superior Doctor Octopus. Keep the character development, but go back to the old concept. I miss the classic arms.
    I'd like to see this too; he should come back knowing how heroes operate and exploiting that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When (and how) was he ever a frenemy to Peter?
    In Web Of Death, he saved Peter's life from a poisoning and they did had an uneasy alliance when Hammerhead returned from the dead and threatened May Parker back in the eighties.

As Doc Ock, healthy, with no memory of Peter's identity and the Superior stint.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

There is still the subplot of the missing body.

When he returns, I want him to be informed by the experiences in Superior, as that is his defining storyline now.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    When he returns, I want him to be informed by the experiences in Superior, as that is his defining storyline now.
    Perhaps we'll get that "frenemy" idea realized after all. It's doubtful Anna Maria is going away for a while, she may prove the calming influence in Peter and Otto's relationship since she has been the most persistent confidant to both in recent times.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    Perhaps we'll get that "frenemy" idea realized after all. It's doubtful Anna Maria is going away for a while, she may prove the calming influence in Peter and Otto's relationship since she has been the most persistent confidant to both in recent times.
    Or Otto's able to download his brain pattern unto Anna Maria.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The whole reason he gave up Peter's body was because he believed only Peter could save her life. Why would he suddenly decide to take over her body?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I hope he doesn't become known for taking over people's bodies; I fear if he comes back in the body of someone else, Doc Ock will be characterized more by the body snatching and less by the metal arms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I am down with this.
    "The Superior Doctor Octopus" is clearly the way to go, so much that it makes me uneasy, about they missing the shot.

Doc Ock should come back in someone else's body. Have that be his whole schtick for the next decade or so. I don't know of many other bodysnatching villains out there. It would give him something to do, anyhow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    "The Superior Doctor Octopus" is clearly the way to go, so much that it makes me uneasy, about they missing the shot.
    Written by Dan Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is still the subplot of the missing body.

Agreed; this needs to be the primary driver for him going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeswithparc View Post
    I hope he doesn't become known for taking over people's bodies; I fear if he comes back in the body of someone else, Doc Ock will be characterized more by the body snatching and less by the metal arms.
    If he retains all his memories then there is no logical reason for him to remain in his dumpy gross body when he can have something more powerful (the Hulk, Silver Surfer, etc.) wealthier (Tony Stark) or handsomer (any male Abercrombie model). Heck, the last one would probably be better simply because the model probably won't have either the scientific knowledge or mental fortitude to reclaim the body, nor would the rest of the superhero community be suspicious the way they are when Spidey, Cap, or whomever starts acting "different."

Basically, Slott opened a can of worms with the "brain swap" and there is no legitimate reason for Doc Ock to go back to his old self. (We've seen that he liked being young and handsome when he was in Pete's body, and he still had control over his mechanical arms when he was Pete.)

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When (and how) was he ever a frenemy to Peter?

During the Clone Saga, Peter was poisoned by the Owl (or Vulture). Otto initially watches from afar, not liking the grim and gritty person Peter had become during this period, and ultimately helps him find the antidote, so that their "dance" can continue...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    If he retains all his memories then there is no logical reason for him to remain in his dumpy gross body when he can have something more powerful (the Hulk, Silver Surfer, etc.) wealthier (Tony Stark) or handsomer (any male Abercrombie model). Heck, the last one would probably be better simply because the model probably won't have either the scientific knowledge or mental fortitude to reclaim the body, nor would the rest of the superhero community be suspicious the way they are when Spidey, Cap, or whomever starts acting "different."

Basically, Slott opened a can of worms with the "brain swap" and there is no legitimate reason for Doc Ock to go back to his old self. (We've seen that he liked being young and handsome when he was in Pete's body, and he still had control over his mechanical arms when he was Pete.)
    I'm not one to usually defend Slott's writing, but I think he made a convincing argument for why Ock won't try this again. The reason is his method doesn't work; it doesn't erase the consciousness of the host and even when he tried to, Peter still came back. I also think that Ock regretted that Peter was getting any credit for his own ideas and his ego might be another reason that he doesn't try the mind swap again.