Amazing Member

Default Saga of the Swamp Thing

Were the Marty Pasko issues of SOTST (#s 1-19) ever collected in a TPB, or HC?
    Last edited by Cherokee Jack; 02-27-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Jack View Post
    Were the Marty Pasko issues of SOTST (#s 1-19) ever collected in a TPB, or HC?
    No, although I do remember one or two of those stories appearing in those "Best of DC" digests they'd put out every year. Couldn't tell you which one, though.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I come across those issues in quarter and dollar bins on a fairly regular basis; they can also be found online for pretty cheap. While not groundbreaking or anything, they're good reads and I recommend picking them up if you get the chance.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I come across those issues in quarter and dollar bins on a fairly regular basis; they can also be found online for pretty cheap. While not groundbreaking or anything, they're good reads and I recommend picking them up if you get the chance.
    Thanks, but I already have the original issues (bought them off the stands when they came out.) I'd like to get rid of them (since many have Phantom Stranger backups I have no interest in) and replace them with a collected edition. But since none exists, I'm out of luck.

All-New Member

Here's a rad Spotify Playlist to go along with this series: http://panels.net/graphic-playlist-s...ng-alan-moore/

Amazing Member

I have been appealing to DC officials for years to put this run into a trade paperback. It is definitely a great run, with great stories by Pasko and awesome art by Thomas Yeates, Steve Bissette and John Totleben and others. There are a lot of threads from this series that Alan Moore expounded upon in his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    I have been appealing to DC officials for years to put this run into a trade paperback. It is definitely a great run, with great stories by Pasko and awesome art by Thomas Yeates, Steve Bissette and John Totleben and others. There are a lot of threads from this series that Alan Moore expounded upon in his run.
    Really, I kind of thought he wrapped them all up in issue # 20. I know Gaiman certainly expanded on Matt's tale in Sandman. Still, they are decent stories that should get some kind of collection.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I'm 1000% behind a tpd for this run. Completely underrated.

A lot of it, though, was the Kubert school guys getting a chance at a major book. We give a lot of credit to Moore, but Bissette, Veitch, Totleben, Yeates, etc had a direction for the book before he even got involved.

Amazing Member

The vampires from Saga of the Swamp Thing 3 came back to haunt Swamp Thing during Moore's run. Sunderland was from Pasko's and Yeates' run. In issue 54, Moore deals with former Swamp Thing companions, Dennis Barclay and Liz Tremayne, and it shows how crazy their lives have become since the group disbanded. So, Moore does use some plot points in his run from Pasko and Yeates.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I'm also interested in this run but mostly for the Phantom Stranger features. Are they good?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

The vampires from Saga of the Swamp Thing 3 came back to haunt Swamp Thing during Moore's run. Sunderland was from Pasko's and Yeates' run. In issue 54, Moore deals with former Swamp Thing companions, Dennis Barclay and Liz Tremayne, and it shows how crazy their lives have become since the group disbanded. So, Moore does use some plot points in his run from Pasko and Yeates.
    Ah, OK. it's been awhile. I've read the Moore stuff a ton of times, but the first 19 issues only once or twice.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm also interested in this run but mostly for the Phantom Stranger features. Are they good?
    Rather uneven. 13 issues with four different art teams (Fred Carillo drawing the majority), and five different writers.

Incredible Member

I read these stories before I discovered the Len Wein/Bernie Wrightson tales and they were certaintly underrated.