Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrx2 View Post
    Yeah it's a list Marvel wants us to forget, sadly Marvel doesn't want us to forget those things...
    If only.... It's getting annoying how they're drawing out the Peter/MJ get back together. We all know it'll happen, it's only a matter of "when".

Marvel also cannot fight off how big May "Mayday" Parker still is and many May "Mayday" Parker fans wants Peter/MJ together if only because they have May.

Quote Originally Posted by Pako View Post
    I actually thought Peter punching MJ would be on this. (Or Skip's molestation thing!)
    Peter punching MJ is in Clone Saga as I mentioned, but if they had to be separate, then yeah it shoulda been of the list. Ironically, both MJ and die-hard Spidey fans seem to have let that slide in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    How dare he malign the magnificence that was the Spider-Mobile! The Spider-Mobile was awesome. I love it unironically. I want another Spider-Mobile story.
    Me too. I would love if those two guys who originally commissioned the Spider-Mobile re-appeared and commissioned a Spider-Boat or something equally lame and crazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    "Superior" is not on the list
    Superior was a commercial and largely a critical success. I don't see why they would want to distance themselves from it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    One More Day and Sins Past weren't on there...

Very disappointed.
    I think this might have tried to be a more "fun" article rather than a truly critical one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    And of course, Clone Saga's not in the list.
    While it hasn't been referenced a ton, it's been referenced enough. They did that "How the Clone Saga was supposed to go" thing a few years back. Not to mention Kaine and Ben Reily have both been referenced multiple times.

BANNED

Peter punching MJ is in Clone Saga as I mentioned, but if they had to be separate, then yeah it shoulda been of the list. Ironically, both MJ and die-hard Spidey fans seem to have let that slide in spades.
    Its rather curious how so many readers give Peter a pass but vilify Hank Pym.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    There are several reasons for that. Peter didn't mean to smack MJ, and immediately regretted it.

There are much better Spider-Man stories than The Trial of Peter Parker. Pym's breakdown is arguably his best story.

The domestic violence was one of the things that made Pym different from other Marvel heroes. Before that he was the least memorable member of the early Avengers lineups.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Many of these things didn’t bother me in the slightest.

1) In regards to the claims of objectivism--even if some of Ditko’s personal politics ended up reflected in the comic, I never really saw Peter as being an outright objectivist. I always viewed him as more of a contrarian. Half the time he disagreed with Flash, it seemed like he was doing it just to get a rise out of him.

In fact, I think Peter’s reluctance to join the protestors is perfectly in character, especially in his youth. After all, Peter was an outcast, someone who was bullied by the in-crowd. It seems perfectly natural that would make him skeptical of whatever ‘movement’ might be popular at the time. I could easily see him rejecting their invitation to suddenly be a part of the group, even if it was just to be on the side opposite the popular or mainstream opinion among his peers.

2) As far as the “jerk” label goes, I think one of the things that makes Peter stand out among other superheroes is just how human he is. Who hasn’t taken a joke too far? Who hasn’t occasionally lost their temper? As the article says, he was socially awkward and a little shy. Sometimes it’s hard to know where the line is, especially when you have a hard time picking up on social cues. But keep in mind, this is still the same kid who was trying to help his aunt pay her bills while using his powers to keep the city safe from supervillains.

Fantastic Member

I was sure the marriage, the baby, and the spy (and robot) parents would be listed.

As for the Spider-Mobile and the transformations…if they wanted us to forget then they wouldn’t constantly revisit them.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I think you can blame the Ultimate Universe for that.

All-New Member

And of course, Clone Saga's not in the list.
    becouse
    1. they still remind us of it
    2. it not like they can, even if they want to

Quote Originally Posted by almozayaf View Post
    becouse
    1. they still remind us of it
    2. it not like they can, even if they want to
    Which kinda explains why they would rather undo the Peter/MJ marriage instead of Clone Saga meaning they still had no regrets.

That you once could by a comic book for two bits.
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut