Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    In the deathstroke title, I remember that title had those fake omega men (omegas).
    http://media.insidepulse.com/zones/i...ob-Liefeld.jpg
    Yeah thats it ........ Liefeld ....... man that guy is just the literal touch of death for any comic book property.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    As everyone knows, DC is launching lots of new comics in June. I'm most likely buying all of them except Power Girl/Harley Quinn. But the two titles that stuck out the most were Section Eight and Omega Men, because I've never heard of them. Even though, they are old concepts. So my question to you is: How would you sell someone on these two books?
    As far as Section Eight, I'd say pick up the Hitman: Ace of Killers tpb where they are first introduced. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know. You'll probably end up picking up the rest of the series, too.

This version of Omega Men is more of an unknown quantity, but King has been doing some very solid work for DC over the past year. Maybe check out Bedard's R.E.B.E.L.S., which was a great book that had the Omega Men as supporting characters for much of its first year.

I mean as far as the weirdness. To me it sounds a little like Morrison's Doom Patrol.
    I'd say it's more Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire JLI, but nastier. Instead of hanging out in embassies, they hang out in the nastiest bar in Gotham. And they tend to cause more harm than good.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 02-27-2015 at 07:08 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I'd say it's more Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire JLI, but nastier. Instead of hanging out in embassies, they hang out in the nastiest bar in Gotham. And they tend to cause more harm than good.

That actually sounds awesome. The recent work of Ennis has me a little underwhelmed, but I'm willing to try something new. Maybe this Hitman character will appear?

That actually sounds awesome. The recent work of Ennis has me a little underwhelmed, but I'm willing to try something new. Maybe this Hitman character will appear?
    Could possibly. MAJOR SPOILER for Hitman:

spoilers:
    All Section Eight was killed in Hitman as was Tommy Monaghan himself. Even though this is a new continuity, I doubt Garth and Johnny are going to retcon their own story. But you never know...
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

I will be buying first issues of both, but I am especially hyped for Omega Men. Im hoping we see a bit more of the original crew including Primus, Kalista, Harpis and Demonia. Always felt they had so much potential that was just squandered. Anyway, these look great.

Everyone's favorite homicidal Czarnian made his first appearance in Omega Men.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Could possibly. MAJOR SPOILER for Hitman:

[spoiler]All Section Eight was killed in Hitman as was Tommy Monaghan himself. Even though this is a new continuity, I doubt Garth and Johnny are going to retcon their own story. But you never know...[/spoil]
    spoilers:
    Everyone except for Sixpack. Tommy and Natt just assumed he died but it's shown that he's going to AA meetings.
    end of spoilers
    BB

Tom King interview on podcast discussing various topics including Omega Men.

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/1/b/5/1b5d...d1a8f632e83b0f

If I recall the Omega Men portion started around the 2 hr mark.

I listened to podcast to hear info about Grayson (which most know Tom King co-writes with Tim Seeley, and is doing an amazing job). But his discussion about Onega Men left me really intrigued by this title.

Cliff notes (as I took it) : he pitched the title to dc, as a dc version of Guardians of the galaxy. Dc wasn't having it and wanted something based on a mixture of Star Wars rebels vs empire, and King's real life CIA experience with counter-terrorism etc. which King was enthused to do.

Sounds like it could be an interesting read.

BANNED

I hope it turns out to be good. DC is doing great things with the mystical side from what I heard. So hopefully they put that same energy into the cosmic side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    Tom King interview on podcast discussing various topics including Omega Men.

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/1/b/5/1b5d...d1a8f632e83b0f

If I recall the Omega Men portion started around the 2 hr mark.

I listened to podcast to hear info about Grayson (which most know Tom King co-writes with Tim Seeley, and is doing an amazing job). But his discussion about Onega Men left me really intrigued by this title.

Cliff notes (as I took it) : he pitched the title to dc, as a dc version of Guardians of the galaxy. Dc wasn't having it and wanted something based on a mixture of Star Wars rebels vs empire, and King's real life CIA experience with counter-terrorism etc. which King was enthused to do.

Sounds like it could be an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    In the deathstroke title, I remember that title had those fake omega men (omegas) and the fake zealot too.
    http://media.insidepulse.com/zones/i...ob-Liefeld.jpg
    The Omega were suppose to be the children of the Omega Men. That's what Liefeld mentioned on Twitter around the time of that Deathstroke arc. He wanted to leave it to Giffen to relaunch the Omega Men.

Solicit for Omega Men:

THE OMEGA MEN #1

Written by TOM KING
    Art by ALEC MORGAN
    Cover by TREVOR HUTCHISON
    1:25 Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    On sale JUNE 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.

The Omega Men are back in an all-new series! They’ve murdered White Lantern Kyle Rayner and now, the universe wants them to pay! Who are these intergalactic criminals – and is there more to their actions than meets the eye?

BANNED

omega-men-126895.jpg

And some art.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Solicit for Omega Men:
    So, taking all bets - Kyle Rayner: Dead, or fixture in the book? It'd be a good place to put him, away from the Lantern lines that are at risk of getting overcrowded and gives a recognisable character to the book.

On the other hand, they could have just All New Atomed him.

I'm pretty sure I'll be adding Omega Men to my list.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.