Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Attachment 19029

And some art.

Thanks for posting! I was hoping to see some character designs soon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    So, taking all bets - Kyle Rayner: Dead, or fixture in the book? It'd be a good place to put him, away from the Lantern lines that are at risk of getting overcrowded and gives a recognisable character to the book.

On the other hand, they could have just All New Atomed him.
    Pretty sure he's not dead. There's no way anybody would actually let some Z-list nobodies (and I mean that in the most loving way possible) off Kyle for real.

I have mixed feelings if he were to be a fixture in the book though, it would be nice for him to have a book to be in with New Guardians ending but on the other hand I'm jumping ship at the first sign of Kyle/Carol.

Another storyline where Kyle pretends to be dead and maybe he is actually a member of Omega Men?

Why can't they kill Kyle though? I mean how bankable is he really these days, and whens the last time the really did anything of worth with him?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-12-2015 at 12:02 AM.

While Kyle is not "bankable" he still got more fans than Omega Men so I feel like lots of people wouldn't give them a chance if they actually killed Kyle.

But see thats where he might have some value right now. He's still a recognizable name, so by killing him it'll catch some eyes. At the same time though killing him doesn't really hurt DC. Cause whats he's really amounting to for them these days. Plus it gives them a chance to take him off the table and retool him. So even for the character it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-12-2015 at 12:43 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why can't they kill Kyle though? I mean how bankable is he really these days, and whens the last time the really did anything of worth with him?
    They CAN kill him, I just don't think they will.

Personally I wouldn't mind much if they did, I haven't cared for the white lantern direction for him at all and I doubt death would stick too long anyway.

His Guardian title didn't perform bad at all.

I'm a fan of any outer space DC title that doesn't revolve around the lanterns. I'll be picking up Omega Men for sure.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    His Guardian title didn't perform bad at all.
    It wasn't a flop, it did well enough to reach issue 40, but it was the lowest selling lantern book (I think Red Lanterns dipped below it a few times) and while the reviews were alright I never heard much buzz about the book. I'm not surprised they're either killing him or trying something different with him.

If they do make him part of the cast in Omega Men it might be for name recognition, since OM seems likely to sell lower than New Guardians did.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    and while the reviews were alright I never heard much buzz about the book
    Kyle's fans tend to be a quite and calm bunch. But as you said, decent reviews, decent sells.

They know they can count on Kyle to sell some papers if needed and that is a very good point for him.

What're people's thoughts on the character choices (Viceroy, Primus, Tigorr, Broot, Doc and Scraps)?

Or thoughts on their designs?

I'm not crazy for the look of the Viceroy. Everyone else looks alright.

P.s. It wouldn't surprise me to see Kyle in the book. Maybe he'll replace Viceroy.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would have like to seen Kalista and Nimbus as members. Nimbus just has too cool a visual look not to return at some point.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

But see thats where he might have some value right now. He's still a recognizable name, so by killing him it'll catch some eyes. At the same time though killing him doesn't really hurt DC. Cause whats he's really amounting to for them these days. Plus it gives them a chance to take him off the table and retool him. So even for the character it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
    Count me among Kyle's fans.

If DC lets some Z-list nobodies kill him just for the sake of propping them up, I won't touch their book. It'll be the only revenge available to me for wasting a character that I like. "You guys killed Kyle just to prop up these guys? Fine. Now I'll do all that I can to kill their book."

I assure you, I won't be alone in this position. My interest in this book is already minimal. Killing off a character I like in order to try to get them over will kill what little interest I already have in them.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 03-14-2015 at 10:49 AM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would have like to seen Kalista and Nimbus as members. Nimbus just has too cool a visual look not to return at some point.
    I may pull out my old Who's Whos and reacquaint myself with the characters.
    Unfortunately, when the original run was going, it was a Direct Only title. Which means I never saw one.
    Who's Who was my only exposure to the team (as I also missed the Titans issues that featured them) until Rann/Thanagar.

I remember finding the characters interesting and exotic compared to what was on the spinner racks at the gas stations.
    I felt the same about infinity, Inc at the time for the same reason.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.