Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Otto hands down. Cause I think you need that big bad for Peter's first fight. and Norman and the Goblins been done 3 times already. so Otto a very close 2nd I think and he hasnt been in many movies too (his only one was over a decade ago) You can tie it into the origin, like just have Peter say that it was Otto's lab that had the spider that bite Peter.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

My hope is that they dont do an origin story at all, or atleast nothing more than a 5 minute montage type introduction to explain this universe's version of Peters origin and then jump into the movie with him having been spider-man for 5ish years. I think at that point you could do an amazing Kraven story or Otto story. Maybe even lead into a Superior Spider-Man movie which personally I think would be easily adaptable to 1-2 films.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I'd also be happy to see Otto, although he was handled superbly in "Spider-Man 2," and Molina's a hard act to follow.

My ideal casting for Otto would be Karl Urban. I know he's a bit "pretty" for the role, but he's got the acting chops, the round features, and, most importantly, the scowl (picture Dredd, but with goggles instead of the helmet). Just have him go on the milk-and-cookies diet for a week or two, give him a bad haircut and watch the magic.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I'd also be happy to see Otto, although he was handled superbly in "Spider-Man 2," and Molina's a hard act to follow.

My ideal casting for Otto would be Karl Urban. I know he's a bit "pretty" for the role, but he's got the acting chops, the round features, and, most importantly, the scowl (picture Dredd, but with goggles instead of the helmet). Just have him go on the milk-and-cookies diet for a week or two, give him a bad haircut and watch the magic.
    I think they should just get Molina back.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Does anybody else think D'Onofrio Kingpin should participate as a Spider-Man villain in addition to the Daredevil series? I mean, look at him!

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Does anybody else think D'Onofrio Kingpin should participate as a Spider-Man villain in addition to the Daredevil series? I mean, look at him!

Having Kingpin onboard would be great. Introduce Hammerhead, Silvermane, etc., and do the whole "Gang War" storyline. Hobgoblin, Tombstone, Jack O'Lantern, Chameleon--it'd be great!
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

BANNED

these

have them be close to there 90s animated series versions, have spencer be a honestly good man, who made the slayers dew to ether political/public pressure, who was ether injured or killed by creating them or while spidey was fighting them, then his son Alistair makes himself the ultimate spider slayer to get revenge. or mabye is turned into it by whoever forced or pressured his father into it.

Extraordinary Member

I'd like to see The Rhino (and the Vulture, maybe) at first.

Rhino really didn't get to do anything in the last film, other than menace a little kid.

And I like the recent cartoon's idea that Oscorp is just manufacturing these nutters to get Spidey.

So yes to Rhino and Norman as a mastermind.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

I'm all for Kingpin to be the main villain, or at least be the guy behind the scenes, while Spidey's real battle is internal.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Mysterio for the mind games, Kraven for the physical threat, Norman Osborn behind the scenes preparing to do something awful. I'd prefer he were already the Green Goblin at this point so we didn't have to suffer through another origin story.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Shocker in action.
    This is a good combination of villains. I believe Spider-Man films should be done with several villains, regardless of what the naysayers might say. Have Shocker as the chump villain.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Because of how much emotional impact Spidey has in the story, I find it will be difficult to place him in Civil War as his 1st movie in the MCU. I think we miss a few beats with him not being introduced before Civil War. That being said, if they recognized the Andrew Garfield stories, then I think it would work. Then of course you have the issue of Spidey not looking like himself when they go with a different actor, unless of course you go with Miles, but then you'd seemingly be back to square one with Spidey needing an intro prior to Civil War.

For his own movie though, Spidey vs. street level thugs, maybe Kingpin's men, would be great. Maybe some kind of Master Planner, "I need to lift a ton to save myself", would work.

I think the main theme should be Spidey vs. the odds, not Spidey vs. any particular threat.

If they did go with one particular main villain, then I say they shouldn't be anyone we've seen, no Goblins, no Ock, Venom, Sandman, Lizard, etc.
    I don't think we know exactly how Spidey will appear in Civil War, do we?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jgprime View Post
    This is a good combination of villains. I believe Spider-Man films should be done with several villains, regardless of what the naysayers might say. Have Shocker as the chump villain.
    Shocker, Kraven or Mysterio would be excellent choices. I would like Frank Castle/Punisher and Morbius. Why Michael Morbius? For some reason Pete really despises him ( maybe even more than Norm and Otto). After seeing the pathetic Pete of Garfield in TASM 2, I would love to see a bad AZZ Pete, and teaming up with Castle ( after the early clash), to deal with Morbius just might do it.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    I don't think we know exactly how Spidey will appear in Civil War, do we?
    I don't think the general public knows a whole lot about the upcoming Spidey appearance. In the Comic though, Spidey's unmasking was huge, one of the main reasons for the whole "deal with the devil" that came about shortly after.
    Thinking about this, and how Marvel took such a move to "put the genie back in the bottle", I have to question whether it's even a good move to follow the actual comic that close. Will Spidey end up losing his secret identity so quick, before he's even able to establish much of one in the MCU? I don't think it's going to happen that way anymore. I'm now under the impression that Civil War won't follow the source material as closely as I once imagined.

Either way, I'm still hoping for more Spidey vs. himself as the main underlying theme of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler53 View Post
    Shocker, Kraven or Mysterio would be excellent choices. I would like Frank Castle/Punisher and Morbius. Why Michael Morbius? For some reason Pete really despises him ( maybe even more than Norm and Otto). After seeing the pathetic Pete of Garfield in TASM 2, I would love to see a bad AZZ Pete, and teaming up with Castle ( after the early clash), to deal with Morbius just might do it.
    Team up with a psychotic murderous vigilante? If anything Punisher would be a borderline villain. I know they've teamed up in the past but no way should Peter team up with Punisher.

One of the most appealing characteristics of Peter is just how vulnerable he can be and how he overcomes that. Main villains like Kraven and Mysterio can push Peter in both extremely physical and mental ways so vulnerability would be kind of what I expect from the MCU Peter. Morbius could work too but maybe there's still too many vampires in movies going around.
    Last edited by jgprime; 03-04-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Serpent Society.