Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Incredible Member

Even a very experienced Spidey has serious problems with the Shocker and those vibro-shock gauntlets. They blast through apartment buildings like they were made out of cardboard. And they leave an incredible mess of splintered wood and pulverized brick.

Spidey faces real risk to his life and limb until he can manage to get the things off the Shocker. It's not easy for him. And that's really the point. You want a villain in a movie that really gives the hero fits to fight. One who he has to stay on his toes in facing. So when the villain is inevitably beaten, the ride getting there was so worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I think that a loose adaption of the second arc of Ultimate Spider-Man could work for his first film. We would assume Spider-Man had been around for about a year (given the MCU timeline seems to follow the real world timeline) and it would provide a decent way for Sony to address the origin without redoing it. Peter tracks down the old guys that his uncle's killer hung with and this leads him to a larger criminal web which had enabled his uncle's killer to kill his uncle. I would prefer Peter to have his own crime boss, like Tombstone. I'd also suggest using someone we either haven't seen in a long time (i.e. Sandman) or someone we haven't ever seen before (i.e. Shocker) to replace Electro as the hired help of Tombstone. Then, the Enforcers can act in the capacity as henchmen as well. It would follow the pretty decent way Marvel has handled villains so far. It would also be a great way to have a self-contained Spider-Man story in his first film. Discovers criminal empire, uses his intelligence to take it down and, finally, does so.

At least, I think that would be a great way to do it as it would allow for Spider-Man's status quo change following Avengers: Infinity War to not disrupt the main story that Sony had decided to set-up in the first film.
    A Learning Curve adaptation could be great. The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon did merge Shocker with one of the Enforcers.

Given how scary Vincent D'Onofrio looks in the Daredevil trailer, I wouldn't mind seeing him as one of the bad guys.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Whoever it is , it better be one villain this time.

Mysterio would be cool.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

You say that as if every past Spider-Man movie had multiple villains. Only Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 did that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    You say that as if every past Spider-Man movie had multiple villains. Only Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 did that.
    The quality of the movie tends to be relatively better with focus only on one villain. Your examples prove that.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    The quality of the movie tends to be relatively better with focus only on one villain. Your examples prove that.
    That wasn't really what I was pointing out. I was saying the way you phrased it made it out like it kept happening in every movie or most. Anyways, I'm one of the few people who didn't find anything wrong with Amazing Spider-Man 2. Plus if we're ever going to get the Sinister Six, eventually there would have to be a movie with all 6 of them.

Jackal (616) or Doc Ock (Ultimate)/random clones - Clone Sage
    Spider Queen - Spider-Island
    SpOck/Goblin Society - Superior Spider-Man
    Random villains - The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man
    Hobgoblin (Urich)/Mayor Jameson - Big Time

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    That wasn't really what I was pointing out. I was saying the way you phrased it made it out like it kept happening in every movie or most. Anyways, I'm one of the few people who didn't find anything wrong with Amazing Spider-Man 2. Plus if we're ever going to get the Sinister Six, eventually there would have to be a movie with all 6 of them.
    I wasn't implying that at all. Ideally, a good Spider-Man movie with multiple villains in them would have a great buildup(like the Six), from previous movies. Not introduced all at once in 2 and half hours with hasty buildup.

But Sony doesn't have a great track record, and Marvel is just dipping into the Spidey pool. So it's best to start slowly.