Default Superior Iron Man #5 Spoilers

This was another great issue from Tom Taylor and the the new artist on the book Laura Braga

spoilers:
    Teen Abomination's mom worked for Tony, she brought Jamie with her to work the day she was experimenting with Gamma rays and you can tell where things go from there. She was fired and blamed the accident on Tony neglecting the company.

The accident happened on the same day Black Lama reappeared. Tony fought Black Lama and Whiplash, Black Lama projected his insanity onto Tony but Tony managed to send him back to his dimension. He was flying back to stark industries when he crashed and blacked out .

Jamie's first transformation into Teen Abomination happened when he got home after getting beaten up by a few kids. His mom offered to help with the bullying by talking to his teachers but this lead to him getting angry and transforming for the first time, his house blew up which caused the death of his mother.

At the beginning of this issue tony injected some fluid into Jamie that finds everything in his DNA. He found out that Happy Hogan was Jamie's father which made Tony want to help him.

The issue ends with Tony trying to find out who made him blackout the day of the accident.
    end of spoilers

I was confused about the last page I thought Black Lama caused that to happen to him
    We need better comics

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I got a bit misty to be honest. ._.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

I thought this was a great issue too; probably my favourite of the series so far. I'm happy to see Daredevil out of the story finally (I liked that arc but much rather a focus on Tony) and am loving the development of Tony's relationship with Jamie. I saw the whole 'Tony's serving his self-interest under the guise of kindness' thing coming but they put a fun twist to it here where Tony kinda takes on the role of Kid Abom's uncle. Also great was that Tony revealed himself to be the jerk he was just when I thought Taylor was slipping up on the characterization; I really enjoy that kind of storytelling. Finally, the art was just fantastic and I think Braga should become the regular artist for this series; her work was really clean and expressive when it needed to be.

As for the last page, Tony's not trying to figure out what caused his blackout; he's trying to figure out what happened during that time. He didn't even blackout exactly; he just can't remember the events after he returned from the fight and his finding out that the records were deleted confirms something fishy (I can't think of a better word) happened.

I liked that this issue put time and energy into showing where Kid Abomination came from. Those are the kinds of details that are easily and often glossed over. But I didn't really enjoy this issue as much as I did the previous issues. It didn't really explore the impact of Iron Sight. It didn't show what happened with Daredevil. There was nothing about Pepper. I like that it was focused, but I think it felt somewhat incomplete. I'm still very intrigued by this story and where it will lead. However, this issue was a bit more forgettable than the previous four.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Loving this series so much right now. Everything about it is awesome. Is it terrible that I just want to read about inverted Iron Man for forever now...
    I love the way they turned the "random monster wrecking havoc on the streets" on its' head and made it really interesting. Jamie is a good supporting character.
    I wonder if he's going to stick around once his condition is under control?