Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Default Wonder Woman Romances

So, I noticed that while there's threads dedicated to WW/Supes, WW/Bats, and WW/ Steve there's not an all encompassing thread for Diana's love life in general. So if anyone had ideas, thoughts or hopes of possible romances for Diana maybe this could be the place to discuss it.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Trevor Barnes or Nemesis came back. Or if potential new boyfriends were introduced.
    Last edited by ed2962; 02-27-2015 at 08:30 PM.

I didn't mind Trevor Barnes. There was something endearing about his brand of "I don't give a crap", in regards of automatically being in shock and awe over Wonder Woman just because. Nemesis was alright too, until it was revealed why Diana was with him in the frirst place. All in all though post-Crisis her love life was a mess because of the large chokehold over her in regards to pretty much anything creative. She barely had any interests, and the ones she did have were only allowed to go so far before the hook came out and pulled them off-stage.

As for anyone potentially new, I have no pressing need for it as I could stand for Superman being her guy for quite some time to come.

Invincible Member

I thought some people might be interested in in this. Yes, it's the old meme of WW being gay/bi. Sure, it's logical but it'll never happen just cuz it's DC and WW is a pop icon that's been thought safe for kids/families. It has less to do with the concept itself and more with them avoiding controversy with a particular character. It's the same as not wanting to show Clark Kent drinking beer...

Funny, I was just discussing this in the Catwoman thread at the general DC forum, haha. My mindset will always be she is what DC wants her to be, since they own her and trump all. And they want her straight so she's straight. It would totally make sense if she were bisexual, hell if we're being totally logical I'd agree that it would make the most sense if she was, and to boot I'd have zero issue with it. But she just isn't.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-27-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Hi everyone,

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, let's not let this turn into another "Is Diana bisexual?" discussion or a general discussion about her sexuality. The poster would like ideas about specific romances. So if you want Diana to be with Green Arrow or Black Canary, it's all good, but name names and reasons why.

BANNED

this

Trevor Barnes could be nice, specially if guys stopped calling dc because the guy was black

Here are some candidates from Wonder Woman's history, just to aid discussion. This is off the top of my head, so feel free to speak up if someone is left off:

Steve Trevor -- the classic love interest, dating back to the launch of the character (and I assume this includes the Steve Trevor Howard version, who was Steve under an assumed name)

Jonny Double -- hard-luck PI, who joined the series in the Powerless Di Prince days

Morgan Tracy -- from the UN Crisis Bureau days, a bland Steve Trevor replacement who was later written as the villainous Prime Planner

Mike Bailey -- from the NASA days, although he turned out to be a member of the Royal Flush Gang

Mike Griggs -- from the Special Assignments Bureau days, romantically pursued Lt. Diana Prince

Micah Rains -- from the post-Perez days, a slacker detective

Trevor Barnes -- Jiminez creation, the UN aid worker

Tom Tresser, aka Nemesis -- imported into the book by Alan Heinberg, as a Department of Metahuman Affairs operative

Superman -- New52 love interest everywhere but WW's own book

I'm leaving out the two John Byrne characters -- Harold Campion/Champion/Hercules, who was a foil, and Mike Shorr, whom Byrne himself established as someone Diana was not interested in romantically.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Sure, it's logical ...
    As logical as Superman being bi.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    I'm leaving out the two John Byrne characters -- Harold Campion/Champion/Hercules, who was a foil, and Mike Shorr, whom Byrne himself established as someone Diana was not interested in romantically.
    There was nothing romantic between Diana and Micah Rains, either.

I don't like the whole Clark and Diana romance, it comes off as to logical
    and the last thing I need or want in my comic reading is logical.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I don't like the whole Clark and Diana romance, it comes off as to logical
    and the last thing I need or want in my comic reading is logical.
    interesting reason.
    How about that Eddie guy? Eddie Indentcado?

I miss for more Steve and Diana in some of the oneshots or in Earth One which I think there will be.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Why is their such a focus on female character's romantic lives? Sure male characters have love interests but their doesn't seem to be as much of a focus on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Why is their such a focus on female character's romantic lives? Sure male characters have love interests but their doesn't seem to be as much of a focus on it.
    I think it's because of the whole women need to find love. I don't mind that she is single at long. I don't mind if superman does the same

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Visit the Superman board some time and brink up Clark/Lois vs. Clark/Diana.