Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    ...Was that the episode where she almost kills a petty bank robber because he happened to pick her off day to rob his bank and that pissed her off a lot?
    Almost is a strong word, she is just pissed off and more violent. She kills people on throne of atlantis

And as unnecessary as that was considering the other heroes were shown subduing them, she's still doing it to protect innocent civilians, not because she's mad she has to work on her day off.

Timmverse still has the dubious honor of worst. Diana. ever.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Almost is a strong word, she is just pissed off and more violent. She kills people on throne of atlantis
    If I remember correctly, J'onn has to literally yell at her to stop. Plus, the guy was completely defenseless, unlike the soldiers of Atlantis.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    If I remember correctly, J'onn has to literally yell at her to stop. Plus, the guy was completely defenseless, unlike the soldiers of Atlantis.
    that doesn't matter, she do the worst somebody can do: she takes a life. hawk and dove is not the best of episodes, but sometimes I'm also pissed off by bandits. That is the only episode she almost did, but she backed away.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

that doesn't matter, she do the worst somebody can do: she takes a life. hawk and dove is not the best of episodes, but sometimes I'm also pissed off by bandits. That is the only episode she almost did, but she backed away.
    Because somebody else stopped her. Hardly what I'd call a moral victory.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Bruce Timm described "Hawk and Dove" as an episode that he "totally gets why people don't like" it. His words, not mine.

Dwayne McDuffie once very humorously said, "We were going to tell... the best Hawk and Dove story that there is -- which, sadly, we achieved." His words, not mine.

I mean, I understand that Throne of Atlantis commits the unforgivable sin of pairing WW with Superman, and thus deserves all the due condemnation for doing so, but "Hawk and Dove" is a pretty poor episode, and mostly because WW is just annoying and whiny. "Hawk and Dove" is one of a couple episodes that makes WW the pettiest Justice League member, the other's being "The Balance," but "The Balance" is a distant second because it's just about holding a grudge that at least I can understand.

This is totally hypothetical, but if I were annoyed that Wonder Woman took it upon herself to copy Superman in order to connect better with the humans she saved, I'd look at "Hawk and Dove," an episode in which Wonder Woman had to be stopped from thugging out on some crooks who ruined her day off and be told by Martian Manhunter how to conduct herself merely DECENTLY, I'd say that episode was crap.

It's not even that I think WW was portrayed monotonically poorly throughout the series. There are at least three showcase episodes that portrayed her well enough: "Paradise Lost," "Maid of Honor," and "To Another Shore," and some other good moments in addition, but "Hawk and Dove" has to be either the absolute nadir of animated WW portrayals post-Super Friends, or damn close to it in awful company.

Totally hypothetical, of course.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Bruce Timm described "Hawk and Dove" as an episode that he "totally gets why people don't like" it. His words, not mine.

Dwayne McDuffie once very humorously said, "We were going to tell... the best Hawk and Dove story that there is -- which, sadly, we achieved." His words, not mine.

I mean, I understand that Throne of Atlantis commits the unforgivable sin of pairing WW with Superman, and thus deserves all the due condemnation for doing so, but "Hawk and Dove" is a pretty poor episode, and mostly because WW is just annoying and whiny. "Hawk and Dove" is one of a couple episodes that makes WW the pettiest Justice League member, the other's being "The Balance," but "The Balance" is a distant second because it's just about holding a grudge that at least I can understand.

This is totally hypothetical, but if I were annoyed that Wonder Woman took it upon herself to copy Superman in order to connect better with the humans she saved, I'd look at "Hawk and Dove," an episode in which Wonder Woman had to be stopped from thugging out on some crooks who ruined her day off and be told by Martian Manhunter how to conduct herself merely DECENTLY, I'd say that episode was crap.

It's not even that I think WW was portrayed monotonically poorly throughout the series. There are at least three showcase episodes that portrayed her well enough: "Paradise Lost," "Maid of Honor," and "To Another Shore," and some other good moments in addition, but "Hawk and Dove" has to be either the absolute nadir of animated WW portrayals post-Super Friends, or damn close to it in awful company.

Totally hypothetical, of course.
    she doesn't copy or learn from another character on hawk and dove. She did on her own, sure martian manhunter talked sense into WW, but the final decision was hers.

I get why people don't like it the episode, but still miles better than WW on JL war and ToA

Just once I would love to see Steve and Diana be a couple again

she doesn't copy or learn from another character on hawk and dove.
    With her bad attitude, its a pity this incarnation didn't learn from someone else.

At least she and the overrated show are done.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With her bad attitude, its a pity this incarnation didn't learn from someone else.

At least she and the overrated show are done.
    it still airs on my country and still has many fans worldwide.

that was a outlier on WW character, the show made it clear

Invincible Member

I read the convergence WW issue this weekend. There was nice scene with Dina and Steve Trevor as a couple. It was played out in a naturalistic and believable way. I really wish we could get more scenes like this with her and non-powered lovers.