Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Secret Wars (2015)

The good thing about this event is, we have no idea how good this event will be. I am sitting here now and I still have no idea what this is going to be about. Is it about a contest, or about just surviving, or is it about fine tuning a new Earth out of the debris of the last multiverse? I had the same feeling about Civil War in that I couldn't predict where this would all end up. I was just sitting and waiting for this and each issue just blew me away in whatever direction this was going. I just wonder what is going to happen after the final Incursion?

This event is confusing me more than getting me excited. It feels like Marvel is stirring too many ingredients in the pot at once right now.

I'm honestly excited for it, mostly because I'm intrigued by what the MU will look like once this all said and done. For all we know we could be left with Battleworld which honestly would be pretty cool, a world where it's policed by an army of Thors, a nation of Ultron and Zombies, and all other manner of crazy things.

I'm in it for the cool stories and the fun to be had.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    This event is confusing me more than getting me excited. It feels like Marvel is stirring too many ingredients in the pot at once right now.
    I'm not sure what's so confusing about it. There are a bunch of different stories taking place in different areas of one world. Yeah, we don't know some of the specific like how long it's been around, what everyone's reactions will be, where do the 616 heroes fit in, etc. but isn't that why you read the story? What's the point of reading the stories if you know everything about them going into it?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter
    I'm in it for the cool stories and the fun to be had.
    Same here. Comics are just stories after all, and if Marvel's churning out good, fun, exciting stories than I'm in. Do I wish we had the old Runaways team back? Sure, but that doesn't mean this new Runaways book won't be great either.

Quote Originally Posted by teamhawkeyes View Post
    I'm not sure what's so confusing about it. There are a bunch of different stories taking place in different areas of one world. Yeah, we don't know some of the specific like how long it's been around, what everyone's reactions will be, where do the 616 heroes fit in, etc. but isn't that why you read the story? What's the point of reading the stories if you know everything about them going into it?
    Because there are so many duplicates of characters. There are like 20 Thors and so on. Hell, we even got two Marvel Zombies books! Doesn't that seem confusing?

Battleworld is Noah's ark where they fill in the backstory of why the dinosaurs got killed off before they were able to repopulate the Earth.

Because there are so many duplicates of characters. There are like 20 Thors and so on. Hell, we even got two Marvel Zombies books! Doesn't that seem confusing?
    Not really. I mean they all come from alt universes, so there is an explanation behind it. As long as you know that, then that kind of clears up why there are a bunch of Thors. The zombies books seem very different, and that's not much different then there being multiple Avengers/X-Men/Spidey books or characters being in 5 different teams. Then again, I've never really been a slave to the continuity, so maybe my standards for this kind of stuff is a little looser than most.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'll admit to a slight feeling not trepidation, where the future of 616 is concerned. Too many cool characacters and concepts would go out of the window if this really is the end.

That said, I don't expect it to be the end (at least longterm) and my excitement far outweighs my trepidation. The main book should be epic with all the build up it's had and I can't wait to see the climax. With Ribic on art it will be the best looking event ever too.

Another reason I'm pretty excited is the tie ins. Due to the nature of Secret Wars, the writers are able to really cut loose and tell whatever story they want, without being tide too heavily to the overall arc. A lot of them seem like events unto themselves and just look at the variety! Really looking forward to Ghost Racers, Planet Hulk, Inferno, Runaways....

I know what you mean mate, two is a pretty high number!

I feel that this event will be great to people who love "What If?" style stories alternate universe shenanigans and complete garbage for people who don't like that kind of thing.

According to the interactive map on Marvel.com we should get more info on the 616/1610/Atillian/Monster Metropolis part of the map on March 10th

Some art that appeared online

We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Battleworld is Noah's ark where they fill in the backstory of why the dinosaurs got killed off before they were able to repopulate the Earth.
    Who are the dinosaurs in the MU-616 Story? And who are repopulating the Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    According to the interactive map on Marvel.com we should get more info on the 616/1610/Atillian/Monster Metropolis part of the map on March 10th

Some art that appeared online

Just looking at those images, Marvel has really loosened the boundaries of what was convention in the 616. Someone said, "Just remove everything you ever thought holds back stories in the 616, and write whatever these characters would do when they are the new politic". One example: Peter Parker of the 616. What if he never had the worry of uncle Bens death, what would he be? Spiderman, or some chief executive? You'd have to go to the core of what Peter Parker is to find out if he'd still find a way to be the guilt driven Spiderman, or somehow be insulated from that, and be a totally different personality. Twist the FF around, and shift their powers to another person. What is Sue Storm as the Thing, for example? It completely changes the family dynamic. Reed could have married that other girl that made Nu-Earth instead of Sue.

I have faith in Hickman regarding the main event book, and some of the tie in series seem pretty cool. I'm not too worried about anything. I'm reasonably sure that when it's all said and done, the Marvel U will still be pretty similar to what we have now.

And if it isn't, no big deal. Like always, I'll get books that appeal to me and skip those that don't.

Mighty Member

Most of the Events start out great then end up unsatifing in the end and the tie-ins are mixed.Marvel is making this the Event to end all Events.I hope Marvel can make it strong through it all and im hopping the tie-ins do a good job too

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I know what you mean mate, two is a pretty high number!
    Thing is, people actually thought Miles Morales replaced Spider-Man in the main universe. My sister's friend went "Well, they made Green Lantern gay now". People took away mainly that "The Marvel Universe is ending in a reboot."

This is going to be the most confusing time for casual fans when there's so many duplicates of characters. Everything is turned on it's head!