Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It looks like the Internet has decided. Claremont for X-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I am curious to see his take on Monet. I miss Claremont Rogue.

o

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    We would have had 3 or 4 epic storylines already in 14 issues, packed full of character development, friendship, drama and action! Claremont, put down Nightcrawler and come home to Storm, Psylocke, Rachel, and Jubilee(and bring back Rogue, Kitty and Sage while you're at it)! I'd love to see what he'd do with Monet and some of the other newer ladies(Dust and Pixie, particularly) as well.
    OR he could bring Nightcrawler with him and editorial could stop trying to market the title with an absurd gimmick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I am curious to see his take on Monet. I miss Claremont Rogue.

o
    That sounds nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    OR he could bring Nightcrawler with him and editorial could stop trying to market the title with an absurd gimmick.
    I like the sound of this better.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Time already did.

They, BCW and all parties involved, already shot themselves in the bollocks when they allowed instability to set in after issue 4.

If anyone here thinks that Guggenheim and who-ever-is-going-to-be-on-art is going to "turn things around" (keep in mind Guggs and Co. are only slated for one arc, so far)...well...yay! for optimism...but the problem with that is everyone-fans, creative team and editors-all need to feel the same way about the product and it has been clear from since early on that editors were just not that invested else the title would not be forging on to issue 14 still without any direction or purpose.

The next arc is staged out in space. Think about that..."Out in Space" when everything else important is happening on Earth is pretty much "We really don't know wot to do with this book, but we would like to keep those 40,000-odd sales a little while longer so hey! Space it is..."

Oh, retreading Death of Greys? That might be interesting for Rachel-fans, X-fans, not so much I think...yeah, woo-hoo!
    That's kind of like if I was complaining about Storm getting her own solo and focus as the leader on other books, great for Storm fans but not so much for X-fans as a whole.
    Storm isn't the only x-man not getting focus and it recently feels like we're going from one extreme of having no focus on Storm to the other of everything centering on her. All characters need and deserve face time. And writers/editors should do their best to make that work.

But anyway, I think it's unfair to blame Wood alone if this title fails. Writers don't have a say about wht events they participate in, who they have in their cast or who the artist is, not unless you're an 'architect'. Bendis took Kitty away and Wood had to work with that. Remender/Brevoort took Rogue away and Wood had to deal with that without being able to talk about it. And artists were on board for 3 issues max. Hard to see Wood as the only or even the biggest failure on this book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post

But anyway, I think it's unfair to blame Wood alone if this title fails. Writers don't have a say about wht events they participate in, who they have in their cast or who the artist is, not unless you're an 'architect'. Bendis took Kitty away and Wood had to work with that. Remender/Brevoort took Rogue away and Wood had to deal with that without being able to talk about it. And artists were on board for 3 issues max. Hard to see Wood as the only or even the biggest failure on this book.
    I agree with this completely. Don't get me wrong, I blame Wood for his fair share, but I spread the blame equally amongst Marvel, the creative team, etc...

Wouldn't he though? Sublime wouldn't be in it for a start.
    Right. The familial relationships between these ladies who have fought together for years would shine through, everyone would get some much needed focus and shine, and the pacing would be better. I'd feel like we are reading an all female team of bad-a$$e$ who are veteran X-Men (besides M) and know how to kick ass vs the amount internal conflict that seemed to stagnate the pace of the stories. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Claremont's consideration.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

I'm fine either way. Honestly, an all-female X-squad is a forced gimmick, but give it Claremont and it would shine!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

This times 1,000,000!! I was ecstatic for the first few issues, but as soon as Rachel started with the uncharacteristically teenage attitude and Remender/Brevoort swiped Rogue, I dropped it. Marvel really needs to get their sh!t in gear and stop writing checks that their mouths can't cash, IE: a kickass, mostly female team with top talent. Hell, I'm okay with the idea of throwing Kurt into the mix- you know he'd be ecstatic to be surrounded by all the ladies, LOL.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    But unfortunately, anytime Rachel gets focus it's almost always about her being a Summers-Grey spawn and her crying about it. Especially now that they're going into space for the gazillionth time. Boooooring.
    Last time Rachel got any focus it was her beating up Avengers. I don't particularly want the team in space either.

Claremont for X-Men would be fine or yeah just drop the gimmick of all women.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Claremont for X-Men would be fine or yeah just drop the gimmick of all women.
    I'm fine with keeping it all ladies, but I'd like to see a steady creative team with a rotating cast. For example, one month it's Storm, Rachel, Psylocke, Jubilee, and Monet. Next month, Storm's off doing stuff in her solo, so it's Rachel, Psylocke, Jubilee, Monet and Warbird. Storm's back next month, but the kid is sick and Jubes sits things out and hey, Rogue's back from wherever too, so Storm, Rachel, Psylocke, Rogue and Pixie. Basically, keeping the core cast more or less intact, but making room for lesser known characters as well. That would keep the family feel while also potentially expanding it as we see how these long-established characters interact with relative newcomers. That lays the groundwork for new friendships and rivalries...you know, that character development stuff that used to happen every so often.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm fine with keeping it all ladies, but I'd like to see a steady creative team with a rotating cast. For example, one month it's Storm, Rachel, Psylocke, Jubilee, and Monet. Next month, Storm's off doing stuff in her solo, so it's Rachel, Psylocke, Jubilee, Monet and Warbird. Storm's back next month, but the kid is sick and Jubes sits things out and hey, Rogue's back from wherever too, so Storm, Rachel, Psylocke, Rogue and Pixie. Basically, keeping the core cast more or less intact, but making room for lesser known characters as well. That would keep the family feel while also potentially expanding it as we see how these long-established characters interact with relative newcomers. That lays the groundwork for new friendships and rivalries...you know, that character development stuff that used to happen every so often.
    Pretty much like Claremont's X-Men were the cast would always change kinda or be more organic. The problem is I don't see how it would work while keeping it all female. Would it not feel too forced?

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Oh, retreading Death of Greys? That might be interesting for Rachel-fans, X-fans, not so much I think...yeah, woo-hoo!
    X-Fans don't care about the book anyway. Which character is to blame for that?
    Last edited by Daithi; 05-19-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Pretty much like Claremont's X-Men were the cast would always change kinda or be more organic. The problem is I don't see how it would work while keeping it all female. Would it not feel too forced?
    TBH, the "all-female" concept feels no more forced to me (and in many ways less) than character-assassination pieces like AvX and Schism that dictate that people who, despite their differences and flaws, have managed to work side-by-side with each other for years will suddenly turn into petty, squabbling, unforgiving children because OMFG! angst and drama. Yeah, it's a meta thing, but if Marvel wants to spotlight the X-Men who just happen to be female, I'm cool with it. It's not even like the book has been totally lacking in male characters (Sublime, Wolverine, Hellion and the X-Kid back-ups), they're just not the driving force.

ugh god no.....he is HORRIBLE. put him to rest, and let it be done, let's get some new blood, new ideas. Damn it's like everyone wants to live in the past.

How is it a gimmick? is the All white O5 a gimmick, or the white as hell X-Factor. It's like if its not a team full of white dudes, or just white people, people get up in arms about it. If this is how the X-men comic fans are going to treat anything that's not the same ****, I'm out.

I'm for this