Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wood's X-men: Baby With the Bath Water

http://www.newsarama.com/21152-brian...nd-a-baby.html
    Sounds like he is addressing all the issues readers have had (or trying) before he leaves:
    Team becomes official
    Storm IS leader and the others stand behind her (very needed)
    Shogo possibly shelved
    Looking forward to what is to come from the final issues. Guggenheim sounds like he has solid plans as well.
    This may be the turnaround the title needs...and a +3 issue artist.

This thread title can be taken literally as well as figuratively.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

What does 'official,' even mean? There's no established official hierarchy so putting those kinds of terms on the book is pointless. Anyway, this title is okay and that's about it really.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Saying the team is official is stupid. It shouldn't be talked about. There xmen on a mission thats it lol. On shogo, sounds like he may stay alive for me id be fine if shogo goes away. If he doesn't then marc needs to do something more then Jubilee taking care or him. Hes an infant so im not sure what that is but im eager to xheck it out. Cause I follow this book for jubilee.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

I see the argument on the formalization from the "not needed" side, but it does give the team (title and characters) focus. While posdibly not important to some readers, it was obviously impirtant to the writer and the cast based on the Psylocke/Storm conversation. The in-fighting can now end as it is now officially an X-men field team with the decision to follow a CHOSEN leader, the cast can be formilzed and "officially" an all-female squad which is historic as it can be recognized as such instead of just some "female X-men getting together for a mission" (until a writer changes it) which eliminates some of the reader arguments about the team also. I appreciate Wood addresses and resolves issues and questions before he leaves. Sounds like he could not execute all of his plans before he goes but he is not leaving a blank slate by wiping it all out as some writers tend to do on their titles.
    Wood come off very professional.

I'd be okay with Shogo going away. As far as I read, that plotline barely went anywhere, and Jubilee's been dead weight for too long. As for Storm being solidified as leader, I'm cautiously excited for it. Lord know that Ororo needs to stand strong as a character again, but I'm still weary about Guggenheim taking over. I do like that the team is official now too, which makes it historical in-universe as well, and it will (hopefully) give them more focus.

What happens if and when Rogue "returns" from the dead? Will Monet get booted from the team? Or will Storm say "we don't need you anymore, good luck with Wanda"!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    I'd be okay with Shogo going away. As far as I read, that plotline barely went anywhere, and Jubilee's been dead weight for too long. As for Storm being solidified as leader, I'm cautiously excited for it. Lord know that Ororo needs to stand strong as a character again, but I'm still weary about Guggenheim taking over. I do like that the team is official now too, which makes it historical in-universe as well, and it will (hopefully) give them more focus.
    I am optimistic on Guggenheim. He knows and researched his history and is taking care to build off of Wood's run, so far as saying he is willing to make last minute changes based on the final issues. It sounds like Mart's may be making some solid creative changes (although not forthcoming with information). Hopefully he gets enough traction to reign in Bendis a little as well (albeit doubtful). I enjoy a writer with a solid background who writes with a reverance to the past, comes across as a fan, and does not make moves so they can see their name on the message boards. I am excited to see a fellow ging get her spotlight in the arc too Always have I been a fan of Rachel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    What happens if and when Rogue "returns" from the dead? Will Monet get booted from the team? Or will Storm say "we don't need you anymore, good luck with Wanda"!
    Apparently she is still alive and kicking as far as they know. My guess is she will be on one team or the other. If they remember the alternate events of the AU story I could see her leaving her Avengers squad. Being an off-site member and living in Avengers Mansion I think they will leave her be...but it is all speculation. I have not missed her personally...or Kitty, I like having some members being "book specific", and glad one of them is getting a future spotlight. That's just me though.

BANNED

They will pretend nothing happened with Wanda, same as with privileged real life genocidal maniacs.

Somehow I can't see them returning Rogue back into this book after the way they sabotaged this by taking her off to make UA story seem to have more weight than it actually does. It would just be reminding readers that her absence from this title was indeed completely pointless. Even Marvel wouldn't be that stupid, right?

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I honestly wouldn't mind if the team gradually revolved through lots of the female X Men: Emma Frost, Dazzler, Dani Moonstar, Frenzy, Siryn, Domino, Boom Boom, Magma, Wolfsbane, Pixie, Jean Grey, Karma, and lots of others could be used in the future as circumstances change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    Somehow I can't see them returning Rogue back into this book after the way they sabotaged this by taking her off to make UA story seem to have more weight than it actually does. It would just be reminding readers that her absence from this title was indeed completely pointless. Even Marvel wouldn't be that stupid, right?
    Lol. Never say never.

BANNED

I think it'd be awesome to see Rogue and M working together.

Seriously, though, this needs to get binned sometime soon. It's a waste. It's not doing anything and hasn't been doing anything of substance for the past 13 issues. And it's so terribly sad. This could have been the best X-Book of Marvel Now had editorial and the creative team worked in passionate concert to solidify a substantiated hook past Jubilee her baby etc, but it seemed as if this title's painful failure had been preordained from the start. Now it feels like Astonishing after Whedon left. NXM Vol.3 by Weir and Defillipis please.