Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hulk vs Mordo

BANNED

Xemnu is also a planetary scale telepath who can control millions or billions of minds at a time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xemnu

Also Doctor Strange to add to the list. WWH. Couldn't get into his mind until he was distracted.
    Last edited by KPhilipsen; 03-03-2015 at 08:26 PM.

BANNED

Apologies for the typo. I proofread and went back and fixed it. You're a much faster typist than I. Bravo.

BANNED

Give me a few minutes to look the issue up I don't have this stuff memorized.
    Last edited by KPhilipsen; 03-03-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Again, I'm not really understanding what is counting as a feat here. Why are all the Hulk's mental resistance feats to be discarded?
    It's interesting that you feel that the Hulk not being counted as being capable of legit bouncing Charles Xavier is "the Hulk's mental resistance feats being discarded", but I would have to say things like leaving out context and how other characters come off in them certainly isn't helping you.

Quote Originally Posted by KPhilipsen View Post
    Give me a few minutes to look the issue up.
    He controlled millions of America's children. He did this via spending four weeks hypnotizing them via his hypno eyes by having his image broadcast into their homes. Marvel Feature 3.

Also Doctor Strange to add to the list. WWH. Couldn't get into his mind until he was distracted.
    This was the Doctor Strange specifically for that stretch of time trying to do magic that would reach out to the Hulk and not violently confront him. Again. Context.

BANNED

Not the Xemnu feat the Thanos one you asked about. Again, I'm not just using Xavier in a context-less void. I do think that Xemnu, Thanos, Apocalypse, Dr. Strange etc are in the same tier. If you feel Xemnu is a scrub, okay. What about the others? How many times does a character have to exhibit an ability to be credited the feat? 10? 20?

The issue is X-Man & Hulk Annual 1998.
    Last edited by KPhilipsen; 03-03-2015 at 08:36 PM.

BANNED

Really? Strange absorbed a demon, lost control and hurt innocent bystanders. He was specifically holding back? Not violently confronting him? Okay.
    Last edited by KPhilipsen; 03-03-2015 at 08:40 PM.

As for Apocalypse.. that was the sans-Banner Hulk and frankly he came off as embracing that state and serving Apocalypse willingly, not being mind controlled, in exchange for the voices in his head being silenced for the level of despair he had reached. He only ripped out the implants after he broke Rick's spine.

It's in fact funny you should mention that because in the issue right after that arc, the Hulk couldn't fully break Mercy's screwing with his mind, until she herself released him, even when Hyde was specifically enraging him and threatening his loved ones. And this was the Hulk that was a no banner interdimensional energy nexus whose power was increasing to the point that it was killing him.

Really? Strange absorbed a demon, lost control and hurt innocent bystanders. He was specifically holding back? Not violently confronting him? Okay.
    You know that part happened after Strange tried to use magic intended to peacefully reach him and failed and got his hands broke for his trouble, yes? You continue to basically leave things like this out and I don't know why.

Not the Xemnu feat the Thanos one you asked about. Again, I'm not just using Xavier in a context-less void. I do think that Xemnu, Thanos, Apocalypse, Dr. Strange etc are in the same tier. If you feel Xemnu is a scrub, okay. What about the others? How many times does a character have to exhibit an ability to be credited the feat? 10? 20?

The issue is X-Man & Hulk Annual 1998.
    You mean the imperfect clone of Thanos having to work across a dimensional barrier?

What about the others? How many times does a character have to exhibit an ability to be credited the feat? 10? 20?
    Resisting Xavier scale telepathy? Certainly more than the once you've provided so far.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    You know that part happened after Strange tried to use magic intended to peacefully reach him and failed and got his hands broke for his trouble, yes? You continue to basically leave things like this out and I don't know why.
    yep. strange was trying to reach banner in hopes of calming hulk down, not realizing until it was too late that banner was helping hulk. it wasn't so much strange trying to mind control him as it was just him trying to get him to chill the **** out.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yep. strange was trying to reach banner in hopes of calming hulk down, not realizing until it was too late that banner was helping hulk. it wasn't so much strange trying to mind control him as it was just him trying to get him to chill the **** out.
    Nah, it was totally that Strange couldn't get into his head otherwise and not that he was specifically only trying to do something peaceful and talk to Bruce Banner's spirit directly to try and reason with him.

BANNED

So you're saying that the horseman process doesn't involve mind control? Does that hold true across the board? Wolverine as Death was willing? Archangel? Gambit?

It's funny you should mention the Hulk's varying power levels. I guess when Captain Cold hits the Flash with his freeze gun that is simply absurd and to be discarded but any telepath controlling the Hulk is 100% legitimate. No PiS or plot device. It's indicative of a true power level.

Mercy is a real badass. She has always been consistently powerful. The Thunderbolts couldn't kill or deal with her and had to strand her in hell to no ill effect. She seemed happy. Total badass. Inter-dimensional, godlike, badass!

The Hulk that was an interdimensional energy nexus was dying too, right? I remember him collapsing a couple times in that story arc and his healing factor was a mess too. It was eating him up. Not sure if that's a "buff". He was stronger though.

BANNED

I'm not sure you're being completely honest or fair here. When Strange was reaching out to the Hulk he wasn't resisting. When the Hulk broke Strange's hands he pushed him out of his mind forcefully. Strange was dumped back into his body from the astral plane and couldn't force his way back in. Why would you credit Strange with breaking through a calm and un-resisting Hulk's mental resistance? That seems disingenuous.