Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default How is Sabretooth alive? (Spoilers i guess)

[deleted.]
    Last edited by xpyred; 04-22-2017 at 01:11 PM.

The Sabretooth that Wolverine decapitated in that Jeph Loeb story turned out to be a clone in the follow up story, also written by Loeb, which brought him back. He also retconned a lot of the things Romulus said into lies. Basically he knew that his story was so $#!++y and universally despised that he went ahead and retconned most of it himself.

Still doesn't explain how Creed was in hell with Wolverine, but I think everyone just decided to ignore that...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That is just normal Marvel continuity these days. They don't even try to worry about making there stories make sense anymore.

That and Jeph Loeb is seriosly one of the worst writers Marvel has ever employed. The guy has been garbage on any ongoing series he has been on for the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The Sabretooth that Wolverine decapitated in that Jeph Loeb story turned out to be a clone in the follow up story, also written by Loeb, which brought him back. He also retconned a lot of the things Romulus said into lies. Basically he knew that his story was so $#!++y and universally despised that he went ahead and retconned most of it himself.

Still doesn't explain how Creed was in hell with Wolverine, but I think everyone just decided to ignore that...
    Probably for the same reason Wasp was seen in Tartarus trying to win her life back when Bendis later retconned his own killing of her to her having been in the microverse the whole time; it had been the case at the time and was retcnned later. Or Hell just manifested Sabretooth for Logan as a means of causing suffering to him.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

The Creed in hell was probably the soul of the Creed clone Wolverine killed.

What? Things that appear in a place run by a guy known as the 'Father of Lies' might not be true? Unpossible!
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    The Creed in hell was probably the soul of the Creed clone Wolverine killed.
    Clones in MU has no soul.

the sabretooth in hell can easily be waved away as a hallucination.

Spectacular Member Jesse_Custer's Avatar

I like the suggestion that it was just a manifestation created to torment him

I'm liking the inverted Sabertooth in both Wolverines and Uncanny Avengers

He used his jetpack to fly out of hell, obviously.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

I don't know Maddie may have one since she is so much diff then her template and keeps returning.

image.jpg

But the clone saberthooth not so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Belasco mentioned that X 23 had a soul, and I think blackheart said it too

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I was under the impression that he left Hell in the same or a similar manner as Puck did. It's silly but...see Puck.
    I make love, you make me sick.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Naw the soul of clone creed was cut to pieces by Satan's sword. The real sabretooth never died according to loeb Sabretooth reborn arc.
    X-Men Forever

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Any citation on the " clone soul " part of it? I'm not finding any myself for that bit.

The Sabretooth's soul escaped Hell and awoke in a clone body theory sounds a bit more plausible considering Wolverine and Puck escaped from the same domain Sabretooth was in. Actually it sounds really ridiculous and implausible too but I kind of want to believe it over this clone soul balderdash since I already made myself swallow it with the other two. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to stick a clone soul thing in the mix as well.
    I make love, you make me sick.