Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default JULIA CARPENTER/Arachne/Madam Web Appreciation

I just noticed that we didn't have an appreciation thread for another prominent spider-themed characters and one of Peter's best friends Julia Carpenter.

To give a quick overview, Julia Carpenter was the second Spider-Woman who first premiered in the original Secret Wars series. She then went on to become and Avenger and changed her name to Arachne. Most recently after the original Madam Web's death she took on the mantle and became a crucial part of Spiderman's world.

Now that Julia has returned from limbo, where would you like to see her next? Should she continue her work with Peter Parker? Discuss.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Is she still blind after the web of life go cut?

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Single mom and superher that is kinda cool on it's own.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 08-17-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    Is she still blind after the web of life go cut?
    I don't think it was revealed yet if she retained her sight back or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Thank you for starting th thread she first crossed my reading as a member of Freedom Force ans has been my favorite female spiderwoman since.

image.jpg
    It was my pleasure. Do you know how and why she was on Freedom Force? I thought Mystique only took in mutants in her squad. Was it because of the team being associated with the government and Julia's connections with Val Cooper?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I don't think it was revealed yet if she retained her sight back or not.

It was my pleasure. Do you know how and why she was on Freedom Force? I thought Mystique only took in mutants in her squad. Was it because of the team being associated with the government and Julia's connections with Val Cooper?
    I think Val Cooper had something on her daughter but she left after they took on the Avengers.

image.jpg

I would like for her to work or teach at the X school so her daughter could give the school a human student for diversity.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 02-28-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

I love Julia. No offense though but she's still in limbo. She's been in character limbo for a long time now and only used as a plot mover for Spider-man. So my answer is I would like to first see her out of character limbo obviously. Second get her away from ASM since that's where she's constantly in limbo, since at least Grim Hunt or earlier now. Third just a little character depth. Julia Carpenter is a person and needs to be fleshed out the same as any character. I want to see what her life outside, well again she hasn't done a lot of superoheroing so outside of looking at visions, screaming and passing out is like. I want to see specifically her life as a single mother and relationship with Rachel is like. After all her sacrifices have been for her daughter, the most important person in her life. I think that's an endearing premise for a hero if there ever was one and would love to read about it. Past this I need confirmation about her sight to know where I'd like to read her.

I make love, you make me sick.

When Freedom force took on Xmen the she met a powerless Spiderwoman for 1st time.

image.jpg

And she wore the Black and White look before and after Parker.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    I love Julia. No offense though but she's still in limbo. She's been in character limbo for a long time now and only used as a plot mover for Spider-man. So my answer is I would like to first see her out of character limbo obviously. Second get her away from ASM since that's where she's constantly in limbo, since at least Grim Hunt or earlier now. Third just a little character depth. Julia Carpenter is a person and needs to be fleshed out the same as any character. I want to see what her life outside, well again she hasn't done a lot of superoheroing so outside of looking at visions, screaming and passing out is like. I want to see specifically her life as a single mother and relationship with Rachel is like. After all her sacrifices have been for her daughter, the most important person in her life. I think that's an endearing premise for a hero if there ever was one and would love to read about it. Past this I need confirmation about her sight to know where I'd like to read her.

very heart warming image

I wonder where Rachel's been since Julia entered her coma? I don't think Slott touched on that at all. I guess child services likely took her in? At least now that Julia's out of her coma, it might be easier for her to get back together with The Shroud, who's been really negatively effected by having no idea where she is. I hope Mark Waid touches on that in Daredevil eventually .

Astonishing Member

It's likely that Julia will still be a part of Spider-Man's world in as one of Peter's allies. After all, as Madam Web, Julia got to know Peter Parker a whole lot better than before. I am willing to bet that she'll pop up in Silk's world as a supporting cast member.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder where Rachel's been since Julia entered her coma? I don't think Slott touched on that at all. I guess child services likely took her in? At least now that Julia's out of her coma, it might be easier for her to get back together with The Shroud, who's been really negatively effected by having no idea where she is. I hope Mark Waid touches on that in Daredevil eventually .
    Back during Scarlet Spider in a scene where Julia called out Kaine's name in her coma Rachel is seen sitting in the room with her so at some point she seemed to be by her side.

I love Julia Carpenter she is amazing and I'm so glad she is finally out of her coma! What role she will have is a bit of a mystery with the Web of Life being broken and her losing her precog abilities. She does still have her Psi Webs as seen in Spider Island, but there is an abundance of female spider characters right now so she may not get much attention in the near future? Also with regards to her being blind, she was definitely sightless when she first became Madame Web, but when Slott began using her she appeared to have normal vision again. She was drawn with normal eyes and in scenes without her sunglasses would be looking directly at the person she was speaking too, like Rachel.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's not so much that she can actually see, technically speaking, but her clairvoyance makes her aware of everything around her, so it's pretty much as good as sight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I love Julia Carpenter she is amazing and I'm so glad she is finally out of her coma! What role she will have is a bit of a mystery with the Web of Life being broken and her losing her precog abilities. She does still have her Psi Webs as seen in Spider Island, but there is an abundance of female spider characters right now so she may not get much attention in the near future? Also with regards to her being blind, she was definitely sightless when she first became Madame Web, but when Slott began using her she appeared to have normal vision again. She was drawn with normal eyes and in scenes without her sunglasses would be looking directly at the person she was speaking too, like Rachel.
    The only Spider female I have enjoyed since Julia was Spider Gwen the rest can be scrappted.

My favorite Julia story was during Civil War. I miss her and Shroud together. If Julia was a "Jane Doe" in a coma, where is Rachael?