Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bumping this thread because she came up in the MU board. Even though I encountered Jessica first, Julia was Spider-Woman when I seriously started reading comics, so she will always be "my" SW.

So, is she still blind? Has she done anything cool in Daredevil? I'm way behind in all my comics reading.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    I love Julia. No offense though but she's still in limbo. She's been in character limbo for a long time now and only used as a plot mover for Spider-man. So my answer is I would like to first see her out of character limbo obviously. Second get her away from ASM since that's where she's constantly in limbo, since at least Grim Hunt or earlier now. Third just a little character depth. Julia Carpenter is a person and needs to be fleshed out the same as any character. I want to see what her life outside, well again she hasn't done a lot of superoheroing so outside of looking at visions, screaming and passing out is like. I want to see specifically her life as a single mother and relationship with Rachel is like. After all her sacrifices have been for her daughter, the most important person in her life. I think that's an endearing premise for a hero if there ever was one and would love to read about it. Past this I need confirmation about her sight to know where I'd like to read her.

Yup, I 100% agree with everything here. Even though she had some really fun moments as Madame Web, I don't especially like her as a part of Spider-Man's "family" because as you said, she's just an adjunct character there, and there are a lot of other characters in his supporting cast who will end up taking priority over her.

She is a great character, and I also love the premise of her being a single mom/occasional superhero raising her kid in NYC. She was completely screwed over by the government during Civil War, joined a failed Canadian super-team, lost her sight, gained psychic powers, went into a coma for plot convenience, and came out of it. That's a fair amount of stuff that's happened to her in the past 10 years to dig into. But yeah, besides her own title, I don't know where I'd like to see her story told. Well, I do have an idea but I'll save that for later.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    My favorite Julia story was during Civil War. I miss her and Shroud together. If Julia was a "Jane Doe" in a coma, where is Rachael?
    Someone upthread mentioned that Rachel was by her hospital bed in Scarlet Spider. I vaguely remember that just before she went into the coma, she sent Rachel back home to Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    My favorite Julia story was during Civil War. I miss her and Shroud together.
    Both of them are appearing in the actual Daredevil story arc.

Does anybody know if Julia still has the Madame Web's powers after Spider-Verse? In Daredevil, she looks like she doesn't have powers anymore.
    Last edited by Gemini Saga; 08-13-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Saga View Post
    Does anybody know if Julia still has the Madame Web's powers after Spider-Verse? In Daredevil, she looks like she doesn't have powers anymore.
    Haven't heard or seen her for a while so I don't know. Until something comes out I'm going to assume she still has those powers? Mind you I don't read Daredevil so I don't know how she appeared in that.

what happened to the original madame web?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what happened to the original madame web?
    She was killed off by Kraven's family.

It's interesting that the current Jessica Drew series has the titular Spider-Woman becoming a mom when we already have a Spider-Mom!

-Pav, who wonders if they'll set up some sort of mutual daycare/babysitting...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    It's interesting that the current Jessica Drew series has the titular Spider-Woman becoming a mom when we already have a Spider-Mom!

-Pav, who wonders if they'll set up some sort of mutual daycare/babysitting...
    I am kinda hoping Julia guest-stars or has a reoccurring role in Jess' new series. Perhaps she can give her advice on how to be a single mother or just guide her through missions? Nonetheless I just want those two Spiderwomen working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I am kinda hoping Julia guest-stars or has a reoccurring role in Jess' new series. Perhaps she can give her advice on how to be a single mother or just guide her through missions? Nonetheless I just want those two Spiderwomen working together.
    I'd assume Hopeless won't want to remind everyone his 'new and fresh' take on Spider-Woman has already been done.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Haven't heard or seen her for a while so I don't know. Until something comes out I'm going to assume she still has those powers? Mind you I don't read Daredevil so I don't know how she appeared in that.
    She might not have her Madame Web powers anymore thanks to the Superior Spider-Man's ill-advised attempt to avoid his predestined end by cutting up the Web of Life in the Spider-Verse epilogue, but she still has her original spider-powers and as such can still fight back against would-be hostage takers, as shown in Daredevil #17.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I really like Julia, recently read her mini and I enjoyed it. I really, really tried to like Jessica Drew, but eeehhh...
    Julia for me is more worthy of the "Spider-Woman" name than anyone else (If we don't count current Mayday ), for me she is THE Spider-Woman. ... Except she was called Arachne for a good time. And now she's madame web. Oh, well.
    She also fits better in Peter's world. All of this IMO, of course.

Still hoping we can get some quality story with her one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I'd assume Hopeless won't want to remind everyone his 'new and fresh' take on Spider-Woman has already been done.
    LOL

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Other View Post
    I really like Julia, recently read her mini and I enjoyed it. I really, really tried to like Jessica Drew, but eeehhh...
    Julia for me is more worthy of the "Spider-Woman" name than anyone else (If we don't count current Mayday ), for me she is THE Spider-Woman. ... Except she was called Arachne for a good time. And now she's madame web. Oh, well.
    She also fits better in Peter's world. All of this IMO, of course.

Still hoping we can get some quality story with her one day.

LOL
    I have the same issue I followed her since Freedom Force (which went a lot like Civil war with her betraying the gov goons rounding up heros). She is thebest spidermom of all.

image.jpg

Dan Slott supposedly has plans for Julia according to Lowe.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...arvel-universe
    With fan Q&A going on, a fan asked what’s going on with Julia Carpenter and Anya Corazon — the other two Spider-Women. Lowe said that Carpenter’s appearance in "Daredevil" will not be her last appearance, saying Dan Slott has some plans.
    This makes me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    With fan Q&A going on, a fan asked what’s going on with Julia Carpenter and Anya Corazon — the other two Spider-Women. Lowe said that Carpenter’s appearance in "Daredevil" will not be her last appearance, saying Dan Slott has some plans.
    This makes me happy!
    I just saw that! Yeesss, great news.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    This makes me happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Other View Post
    I just saw that! Yeesss, great news.
    I am also happy to hear this, and hopefully the mention of Anya will also mean that there are still plans for her, too, and Sardorim can dial down the (understandable and legitimate) worry and panic that Marvel is trying to deemphasize her character in the ongoing Spider-Man universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.