Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Julia Carpenter is my favorite Spider-Woman, I hope said don't involve death.

Amazing Member

Julia Carpenter deserves a comeback. I read somewhere that she no longer has the Madame Web powers. Maybe she and Val Cooper can make up and work together again.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
    Julia Carpenter deserves a comeback. I read somewhere that she no longer has the Madame Web powers. Maybe she and Val Cooper can make up and work together again.
    Yeah, in the epilogue issue of Spider-Verse, Amazing Spider-Man #15, when Otto started cutting apart the Web of Life to prevent having to go back to his time knowing he'd ultimately lose and have to give Peter his body back, it reduced all the Spiders' ability to read along its threads, whether by rudimentary spider-sense or more advanced precognition. As a result, Julia woke up from her coma completely blind, no longer able to see the future, though since she retained her original spider-powers, including the ability to feel vibrations like an actual spider, that could compensate somewhat for her missing sight. Oh, and she was pretty badass in her reappearance in the final arc of Mark Waid's Daredevil, as she showed a villain trying to use her as a hostage to get at her ex-lover Shroud, whose search for her during the time she was comatose drove him to make a proverbial Faustian bargain with a crime boss.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Hopefully, she has her personality back. I remember her being written as a perfect clone of the first Madame Web, which is an insult to both characters. Seriously, Madame Webb never had much of a place in the Spider-mythos, hence why she wasn't used much. We didn't need a new one.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-30-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Chris Yost actually did a better job with Julia in her cameos in Scarlet Spider, by showing her interacting with her daughter Rachel and how her new powers and role impacted that (mostly Rachel ignoring Julia's new ability to see the future and then realizing she should've listened to her mother). And since it was her who turned the Stealth Armor red-and-black and locked it in that coloration, Yost also established that Julia's a bit of a troll, much like the head-canon Agent Z posted. Basically, Yost didn't forget that Julia had a life beyond giving Peter cryptic messages about the future, and Mark Waid picked up on that thread very well in his final arc on Daredevil.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Other View Post
    I really like Julia, recently read her mini and I enjoyed it. I really, really tried to like Jessica Drew, but eeehhh...
    Julia for me is more worthy of the "Spider-Woman" name than anyone else (If we don't count current Mayday ), for me she is THE Spider-Woman. ... Except she was called Arachne for a good time. And now she's madame web. Oh, well.
    She also fits better in Peter's world. All of this IMO, of course.

Still hoping we can get some quality story with her one day.

LOL
    Jessica Drew current predicament could be blamed on writer Dennis Hopeless. Nonetheless, like Julia Carpenter, Jessica Drew does fit in well into Spider-Man's world as well as The Black Widow and Tigra when it comes to the street crimes and so forth. I do hope we get to see Julia forming her own team that comprised of Jessica Drew, The Black Widow, Mr. Sims, and Silk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Jessica Drew current predicament could be blamed on writer Dennis Hopeless. Nonetheless, like Julia Carpenter, Jessica Drew does fit in well into Spider-Man's world as well as The Black Widow and Tigra when it comes to the street crimes and so forth. I do hope we get to see Julia forming her own team that comprised of Jessica Drew, The Black Widow, Mr. Sims, and Silk.
    What about Felicia Hardy, Mary Jane Watson and Glory Grant?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

I'd love an all Spider-theme team consisting of all five of the 616 Spider-woman(Jessica, Julia, Mattie, Anya, and Cindy). Be Marvel's equivalent of Birds of Prey.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    What about Felicia Hardy, Mary Jane Watson and Glory Grant?
    Non-ASM created characters, besides Silk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Hopefully, she has her personality back. I remember her being written as a perfect clone of the first Madame Web, which is an insult to both characters. Seriously, Madame Webb never had much of a place in the Spider-mythos, hence why she wasn't used much. We didn't need a new one.
    This version of Madame Webb might have had a lot of potential before settling for the blind old lady version in 1981.

This version of Madame Webb might have had a lot of potential before settling for the blind old lady version in 1981.

LOL. Bring her on as a Silk foe and make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    LOL. Bring her on as a Silk foe and make it happen!
    Better yet: bring back Charlotte Witters and have her take up that identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Better yet: bring back Charlotte Witters and have her take up that identity.
    It would be relatively easy to manage. Charlotte's not dead, just in a coma. If she were to wake up, she could take up the name Madame Web as a kind of perverse homage to Cassandra, to taunt Spider-Man and his fellow surviving spider-powered heroes for "letting" her grandmother die the way she did at the Kravens' hands. Oh, and mocking Spider-Man, Jessica, and Julia about Mattie, too, just to twist the knife a little more.

How did Arthur Adams come to draw that?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets